Pearson: Chiefs tore up the future

Jimbo

NIGEL PEARSON believes Newcastle’s rulers have ripped out the foundations for a successful future.

The Magpies caretaker boss was convinced Sam Allardyce was setting things up right for the long term.

But chairman Chris Mort and owner Mike Ashley’s short-term thinking did not allow his plans to come to fruition.

Now Newcastle find themselves in a familiar place — square one.

Pearson said: “I have seen the hard work that has been done behind the scenes. That work has been put in for the long-term future. At a club like this the foundations have to be right.”

Allardyce’s former No 2 added: “The fans at this club want stability.

“I have been part of a regime which wanted to weather this storm, come out the other side, and affect long-term change.

“Potentially, this is a big club. But there is a long way to go before it gets back up there.”

Pearson took charge as Toon were stuffed 6-0 by Manchester United on Saturday. He said: “I remember when Alex Ferguson was supposed to be just a couple of games from the sack.

“Now he has been there 21 years and look at what has been achieved.

“I feel very disappointed for Sam. He had a long-term vision. Now we’re in the transfer window without a manager.”

Pearson said: “I have seen the hard work that has been done behind the scenes. That work has been put in for the long-term future. At a club like this the foundations have to be right.”

Are there any examples of this?

Isn't the academy still supposed to be a shambles?

Who says that all the work at improving the infrastructure of the club (refurbishing buildings, better medical department, sports science etc.) will definitely be scrapped under a new manager?

Who says that all the work at improving the infrastructure of the club (refurbishing buildings, better medical department, sports science etc.) will definitely be scrapped under a new manager?

To be fair, the injury table does show a vast improvement on the last few years....

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_pre...njury_table.php

It's just a shame the fit players play like they're injured. It's also a further indictment of Sam's ability that he was doing worse than Souness or Allardyce with none of the injury woes.

To be fair, the injury table does show a vast improvement on the last few years....

It's just a shame the fit players play like they're injured. It's also a further indictment of Sam's ability that he was doing worse than Souness or Allardyce with none of the injury woes.

Outdoing himself indeed. ;) I know you meant Roeder and I agree, that is pretty bad when you look at it that way.

Me. ;);)

In fairness he seems to largely have built 2 halves of teams, neither of which fit together. Although even given time I suspect it would have been Bolton Mk2.

don't forget to close the door on your way out nige

And take Terry Mac with you!

Seriously, WHERE does Terry Mac hide every time there are sackings??

At this rate I'm going to have to carry him away myself.

He's a survivor like. Incredible really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McDermott

McDermott is still highly thought of on both Merseyside and Tyneside

;)