Just Seen Didier Deschamps in Durham with Chris Mort.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I think the crowd would understand if we were being managed by someone who had a track record of success but we don't - we have Graeme Souness. And don't mistake him winning a trophy at every club he's been at as success because he has also ultimately ruined every club he has been at.

36048[/snapback]

;)

If he wins a trophy here I'll be pleased as punch. If you don't think that's success then fine, but I believe it would break our seeming "jinx".

Mark Hughes is doing just as badly at Blackburn too.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the crowd would understand if we were being managed by someone who had a track record of success but we don't - we have Graeme Souness. And don't mistake him winning a trophy at every club he's been at as success because he has also ultimately ruined every club he has been at.

36048[/snapback]

;)

If he wins a trophy here I'll be pleased as punch. If you don't think that's success then fine, but I believe it would break our seeming "jinx".

36050[/snapback]

Would you class the Carling Cup as success? I certainly wouldn't although i'd be canny chuffed even if we won that!

I don't rate Mark Hughes as a manager either so i'm not suprised to see him doing utter wank at Blackburn.

36048[/snapback]

;)

36050[/snapback]

Would you class the Carling Cup as success? I certainly wouldn't although i'd be canny chuffed even if we won that!

I don't rate Mark Hughes as a manager either so i'm not suprised to see him doing utter wank at Blackburn.

36054[/snapback]

For a club that hasn't won anything in as long as we have, ANY trophy would be a success.

This is my general feeling on Souness.

He's unfashionable as you can get, nobody else in the top 6 would consider him and yet he HAS got a respectable track record compared to many other managers in pure terms of trophies won.

All other suitors COMBINED can't boast half of what Souey has won:

Bruce

O'Leary

Curbishley

Allardyce

Roeder

Burley

I can just see him nicking us the Carling Cup or better still the FA cup.

We're too sentimental sometimes. The script was begging for Keegan and then Robson to succeed but still no trophy.

I've no special reason to like him, I just feel he could turn out to be a shrewd and lucky appointment.

So he's won something everywhere he's been? I can see that trend getting bucked ;)

36064[/snapback]

Except no, he hasn't won something at every club he's been at. Two minor trophies in 13 years etc, etc.

It's utterly ridiculous to compare him to Hughes either (not aimed at you Alex). Souness left Blackburn in a much worse state than Robson left us, and Hughes hasn't had 50 million to spend. We are presently on the same points, and despit the score, they could have easily won the last match!

And while we are talking about success on managerial CVs, how does Souness compare to Robson - not even in the same class. How does he compare to Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson or Benitez? You get the point - he is a SHIT manager, once and for all.

ffs jw tbh :wacko:

and yet he HAS got a respectable track record compared to many other managers in pure terms of trophies won.

Justify that statement please. It's bullshit basically.

Edited by Renton

Renton,

You're boring me.

Read what I wrote and tell me which bit you think isn't true.

Please tell me what Bruce, O'Leary, Curbishley, Allardyce, Roeder and Burley have WON and then we can agree that I'm right.

You don't like Souness? Fine, that's completely your right, but some alternatives have won fuck all.

Winning is sometimes a lucky habit beyond any reason.

So he's won something everywhere he's been? I can see that trend getting bucked ;)

36064[/snapback]

Except no, he hasn't won something at every club he's been at. Two minor trophies in 13 years etc, etc.

36073[/snapback]

Ok then, the trend won't be bucked IMHO FFS :wacko:

Renton,

You're boring me.

Please tell me what Bruce, O'Leary, Curbishley, Allardyce, Roeder and Burley have WON and then we can agree that I'm right.

You don't like Souness? Fine, that's completely your right, but some alternatives have won fuck all.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

tell me what mourinho had won before he went to Porto? perhaps they should have gotten somebody with a better track record as well eh

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

So you list a bunch of managers who have won nothing, what does that prove? I wouldn't want any of them here anyway.

But you are being very limited on your concept of success anyway. Many of those you've listed have only been a manager for a relative short period of time. Many have demonstrated much better league performances over the years than Souness on very limited budgets. Take Curbishley - he has establish Charlton as a premiership club and yet has spent less in the last ten years than Souness has in the past 2 months. It would be no surprise if they finish above us - like they did last year.

So you have completely failed to show why Souness is a good manager because basically you can't, you are essentially basing his last 10 years in management as a success based on one league cup. Wow. And I haven't even mentioned all the bad stuff he has done - like being sacked from nearly every post he has got.

I firmly believe Newcastle are a top 5 club, maybe even top 3, which is why I think we need a proven manager to get us there - just like the established top 5 clubs in this country presently have. Because as his CV shows, Souness is not the man.

And yes, quite frankly you're boring me too. ;)

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

tell me what mourinho had won before he went to Porto? perhaps they should have gotten somebody with a better track record as well eh

36081[/snapback]

Are you saying we SHOULDN'T get someone with a track record? ;)

Besides, didn't we try and get Mourinho?

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

36081[/snapback]

36087[/snapback]

My guess is he is saying you can't judge a persons track record based soley on the myopic view of how many trophies they have won. There's a wee bit more to it than that.

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

36081[/snapback]

36087[/snapback]

Robson offered him a job as his assistant after he'd just got the Benfica job. He offered to move over for Jose after 2 years but Mourinho declined because he knew Robson couldn't have given up management.

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

36081[/snapback]

36087[/snapback]

My guess is he is saying you can't judge a persons track record based soley on the myopic view of how many trophies they have won. There's a wee bit more to it than that.

36092[/snapback]

Nobody else wanted the job. That's the trouble when you jump ship mid season. Now he's here I say support him.

If your argument was 100% true, then Robson would have won us SOMETHING!?

Neither of us knows what will happen this season.

Have your "last word" post if it makes you feel better, then let's drop it. We disagree. No more, no less.

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

36081[/snapback]

36087[/snapback]

Robson offered him a job as his assistant after he'd just got the Benfica job. He offered to move over for Jose after 2 years but Mourinho declined because he knew Robson couldn't have given up management.

36099[/snapback]

Hearsay. Mind you, didn't our deluded manager claim he was first choice for the Chelsea job, but they had to settle for Mourinho instead?

I bet they're kicking themselves now. :wacko:

Renton,

You're boring me.

36077[/snapback]

hmm

36081[/snapback]

36087[/snapback]

36092[/snapback]

Nobody else wanted the job. That's the trouble when you jump ship mid season. Now he's here I say support him.

If your argument was 100% true, then Robson would have won us SOMETHING!?

Neither of us knows what will happen this season.

Have your "last word" post if it makes you feel better, then let's drop it. We disagree. No more, no less.

36101[/snapback]

First line - I agree it is a bloody stupid time to change managers, but in this case it is justified imo.

Second line - Sorry, I don't follow. There's never any guarantees in football, you just have to stack up the odds in your favour as much as possible. Something which we have failed to do this time.

Third line - Agree

Forth line - OK, agree to disagree then,

Sorry people. Must be losing my touch no one has really gone for this one. Pity Cat mag and Scottish mag aren't around they would have twigged what with me living in Glasgow.

36018[/snapback]

Freddie currently being out of the country didn't help!

Sorry people. Must be losing my touch no one has really gone for this one. Pity Cat mag and Scottish mag aren't around they would have twigged what with me living in Glasgow.

36018[/snapback]

Freddie currently being out of the country didn't help!

36160[/snapback]

Where is he? Phuket?