The latest who do you want poll

Chaser

Newcastle Manager  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hughes for me. Least risky bet, right type of character.

you'd best add Camacho to that list.

According to Marca he'll be our manager for 2008-09.

My Spanish is non-existent, but if I'm reading that article correctly it says Camacho will take over in 2008/2009 after Newcastle started talks with him over the festive period, is that right?

Deschamps but only because I know more about him than Braga, who's record is impressive. Houllier a very close second to those two with Hughes lagging in third. The "Sheegan" combo leaves me very nervous rather than excited, as does either of them by themselves.

Updated with all latest possible choices

not hugely impressed with any of the options tbh. Whilst they may be the best we can hope for, I dont really 'want' any of them.

who do you 'want'?

Deschamps is a genuinely progressive appointment IMO. Good age, good level of experience, a draw with the standard of player we should hope to be attracting. I'm very optimistic about the direction we're heading in if we're looking at people like him.

Keegan/Shearer (in that order) would be my next choice. Shearer's ego probably wouldn't allow it, but he has to serve an apprenticeship of sorts...this club does not belong to him. The excitement generated would be out of this world though and even though it's a soopafan's wet dream, I can't help but admit I'd be carried along with it too.

Hughes is also a good choice IMO. I've been warming to the idea over the last few days as I realised we weren't going to get the chosen one! :D He has Premiership experience and a decent track record and we could do a lot worse. I do wonder if he would set the place alight or be given the time though.

So, in order my preferences would be:

Deschamps

Keegan/Shearer

Hughes

Deschamps is a genuinely progressive appointment IMO. Good age, good level of experience, a draw with the standard of player we should hope to be attracting. I'm very optimistic about the direction we're heading in if we're looking at people like him.

Keegan/Shearer (in that order) would be my next choice. Shearer's ego probably wouldn't allow it, but he has to serve an apprenticeship of sorts...this club does not belong to him. The excitement generated would be out of this world though and even though it's a soopafan's wet dream, I can't help but admit I'd be carried along with it too.

Hughes is also a good choice IMO. I've been warming to the idea over the last few days as I realised we weren't going to get the chosen one! :D He has Premiership experience and a decent track record and we could do a lot worse. I do wonder if he would set the place alight or be given the time though.

So, in order my preferences would be:

Deschamps

Keegan/Shearer

Hughes

Ill be honest, that is a very similar opinion to mine, however I am still probably leaning towards the wet dream. Very close though

Out of the all the people currently in the betting (on Paddy Power), I'd range from underwhelemed to disgusted if we got any of these...

Steve McClaren

Dick Advocaat

John Collins

Mark Hughes

Claudio Ranieri

Chris Coleman

Mark McGhee

Steve Clarke

Paul Ince

Fatih Terim

Glenn Hoddle

George Graham

Harry Redknapp

Slaven Bilic

Gianluca Vialli

Gordon Strachan

Marco Van Basten

Roberto Martinez

Stuart Pearce

Billy Davies

Terry Venables

Roy Keane

Steve Bruce

David O'Leary

Bobby Robson

David Moyes

Thomas Schaaf

Ruud Gullit

Aidy Boothroyd

Graeme Sounness

Steve Coppell

Martin O’Neill

Which means I'd be satisfied by the rest, which are...

Kevin Keegan

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Didier Deschamps

Jose Mourinho

Alan Shearer

Guus Hiidink

Gerard Houllier

Martin Jol

Giovanni Trappatoni

Louis Van Gaal

Marcelo Lippi

Rafa Benitez

Out of those that have expressed any interest so far, I'd have to go with Deschamps.

Hughes for me. Least risky bet, right type of character.

you'd best add Camacho to that list.

According to Marca he'll be our manager for 2008-09.

My Spanish is non-existent, but if I'm reading that article correctly it says Camacho will take over in 2008/2009 after Newcastle started talks with him over the festive period, is that right?

yes, that's correct.

Trouble with Deschamps is the style of football he plays.Organized and defencive.He isnt known for fast flowing attacking football.Wich is what Newcastle fans are after is it not?

Just a good manager will do for starters.