Who will be King Kev's 1st signing?

newcastleunited&proud

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck it, i'm going to say ADRIANO! perfect time for him to kickstart his career and I reckon if anyone could, Kev could get him firing on all cylinders again.

Nice shout, I heard he was heading back to sao paulo on loan this month so a move to the prem instead might intice him

Ill be honest I havent been to the games this season but from what Ive seen on TV, he looked suspect. It cant help him if he's come to this country and then found himself 2nd choice to a winger. I didnt think much of his performance against Man Utd although he did start to come on a bit towards the end of the first half.

Ill be honest I havent been to the games this season but from what Ive seen on TV, he looked suspect. It cant help him if he's come to this country and then found himself 2nd choice to a winger. I didnt think much of his performance against Man Utd although he did start to come on a bit towards the end of the first half.

The whole team got raped against Man U though.

a creative centre midfielder is a priority. someone in the elano mould. a modern day pedro would be nice.

Surely the potential of N'Zogbia and his performance tonight warrants a second thought regarding that.

he could be the future in that position but i'd still like us to sign a playmaker in the centre of the park. look at the alternatives for centre mid....butt, barton, smith, geremi....not exactly king kev style players are they

The whole team got raped against Man U though.

But watching the first half against the second, you would think it was a different game. Towards the end of the first half, Enrique looked to have grown in confidence. To be fair, the first half wasnt bad, ok we still werent creating much but at least we were having a go.

a creative centre midfielder is a priority. someone in the elano mould. a modern day pedro would be nice.

Surely the potential of N'Zogbia and his performance tonight warrants a second thought regarding that.

Yup, and I'd throw Rozenhal in centre midfield beside him to stiffen it up a bit.

Well the defence needs shoring up. So Arshavin and Berbatov :nufc:

that'd have more of an effect then you seem to think

our defence is under it all the time due to our shocking inability to keep possesion in midfield

+1

i think with a bit of stability our defence could be fine, our inability to create and convert chances, or even pass the ball has been our biggest problem this season

+2

We have consistently put our defence under pressure by our inability to hold/pass/play/create against teams. Our midfield is key - as that is where the battle is won imo. It is with Arsenal and it is with Man Utd. If we are to aspire to those levels, we need to be able to dominate games or at least have the ability to take the game to someone.

EDIT:

I would add to that, Given has kept us in games for how long? It would be nice to see him behind a defence not worried about how the rest of the team is doing in front of them.

Edited by maggiespaws

how old is vierra

I'd love to see him here. Even if he 1/2 the player he used to be

what about gravesson at least he can tackle ( re emre, smith etc) remember killer K

aka Pat Roach.

roach1.jpg

now thats exactly the man i'm talking about. he would build a wall. kill indiana jones, i think appear in a couple of lesser known films, wrestle on saturday morning on world of sport, and still make time to slide in, break the forwards foot, and kick the ball out of touch ( in the town moor)