Come 'n get us, Kev!

Jimbo

Come 'n get us, Kev!

By SHAUN CUSTIS

Published: Today

rigTeaserImage

JERMAIN DEFOE and Shaun Wright- Phillips were last night queueing up to join Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle revolution.

Tottenham striker Defoe and Chelsea wideman SWP would relish the free- flowing, attacking football that has become a trademark of Keegan’s teams.

New Toon boss Keegan, who has £20million to spend, told players to expect changes.

He said: “If new players are coming in and you are worried about that then you should not be here. You should want good players at this football club.”

Keegan dropped the bombshell to his Toon squad at training yesterday.

A Newcastle insider said: “It wasn’t like a big speech by the manager or anything but it sounded like he would be making a few changes.

“With only a couple of weeks left in the transfer window, he has not really got time to assess what is already there. He has to make some quick decisions.”

Defoe, 25, and Wright-Phillips, 26, are the sort of players Keegan admires although their wage demands and asking prices may be barriers.

But Keegan has been promised the freedom to go for the players he wants most.

Defoe is struggling to establish himself under new Spurs boss Juande Ramos, while Wright-Phillips may relish the chance of guaranteed first-team football.

Come 'n get us, Kev!

By SHAUN CUSTIS

rigTeaserImage

JERMAIN DEFOE and Shaun Wright- Phillips were last night queueing up to join Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle revolution.

Tottenham striker Defoe and Chelsea wideman SWP would relish the free- flowing, attacking football that has become a trademark of Keegan’s teams.

New Toon boss Keegan, who has £20million to spend, told players to expect changes.

He said: “If new players are coming in and you are worried about that then you should not be here. You should want good players at this football club.”

A Newcastle insider said: “It wasn’t like a big speech by the manager or anything but it sounded like he would be making a few changes.

“With only a couple of weeks left in the transfer window, he has not really got time to assess what is already there. He has to make some quick decisions.”

Defoe, 25, and Wright-Phillips, 26, are the sort of players Keegan admires although their wage demands and asking prices may be barriers.

Defoe is struggling to establish himself under new Spurs boss Juande Ramos, while Wright-Phillips may relish the chance of guaranteed first-team football.

:icon_lol:

Come 'n get us, Kev!

By SHAUN CUSTIS

rigTeaserImage

Defoe: No thanks. Not good enough for Spuds, frankly not good enough for us.

SWP: I think wingers is one area where we honestly don't have problems (I truly expect a Duff revolution and then there's the Zog and Milner) but he's class and I'd have him nonetheless.

I reckon that the majority of names being linked to us at the moment is bollocks as I cant see how KK could have had a chance to even think about that let alone talk to anyone about it.

I reckon that the majority of names being linked to us at the moment is bollocks as I cant see how KK could have had a chance to even think about that let alone talk to anyone about it.

If, what Oliver said was true (snigger), that Keegan was appointed on Sunday afternoon, then he's had plenty of time to draw up a possible shortlist.

swp is streets ahead of milner in both pace and delivery. him and duff on the flanks would be excellent, with milner and zog as back up. plus milner and zog could also then have more opportunity to play inside

Would be delighted with them but i'd personally go for:

Gudjohnsen, Van Buyten and 2 new centre midfielders.

I like Gudjohnsen but I do think he's quite similar to Viduka and I'm not convinced he's got the legs to play in midfield. He certainly wouldn't cut it as one of a 2 man central midfield in the Prem.

I like Gudjohnsen but I do think he's quite similar to Viduka and I'm not convinced he's got the legs to play in midfield. He certainly wouldn't cut it as one of a 2 man central midfield in the Prem.

I meant as a replacement for Viduka. Did we give him a 2 year contract?

I meant as a replacement for Viduka. Did we give him a 2 year contract?

Not sure he's a step-up either. Not that much of a one anyway. I presume Viduka got at least two years btw (just checked - it is two years). I'd quite like to see how Viduka might be utilised in a side that might actually play the ball on the deck a bit.

His knees are fucked aren't they?

Chip Butty would be good...Saw him a couple of times playing for Hamburg...Better than anything we have.

Fred (24, BRAZILIAN, can score many kinds of ridiculous goals, pace, bring him here! must be mates with Cacapa the friendly centre-back, Van Buyten (if he stays fit), Arshavin, SWP/Barnes - more pace out wide

Edited by bassplayerjj

I'll have Van Buyten (rock-solid) and then we can finally banish Rozenhal to the official "flops corner."

Have we been linked to Arshavin anytime recently? Would like to hear if the interest has been followed up as he's class.