Sunday Paper gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Chelsea are prepared to pay £40m to sign Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o should Didier Drogba leave Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Express)

Meanwhile, Drogba has told Ivory Coast team-mate Yaya Toure he wants to join Barcelona, AC Milan or Real Madrid. (Mail on Sunday)

Newcastle and Manchester United are battling it out for the signature of Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Mirror on Sunday) :lol:

And the two teams could do an £18m deal that would see midfielder Michael Carrick leave Old Trafford for St James' Park. (Daily Star Sunday)

Manchester City and Aston Villa are interested in Real Madrid forward Julio Baptista, the Brazilian who played on loan at Arsenal. (News of the World)

Liverpool's unsettled midfielder Momo Sissoko is wanted by Monaco and Inter Milan. (News of the World)

Chelsea's Peruvian centre-forward Claudio Pizarro is a target for Italian side Lazio. (News of the World)

Everton want Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing but face competition from Tottenham. (News of the World)

And Toffees boss David Moyes may also move for Chelsea's Steve Sidwell, if the midfielder will consider a pay cut. (News of the World)

West Ham and Derby are looking at 20-year-old Ipswich midfielder Danny Haynes. (News of the World)

Crystal Palace are lining up a £1m bid for Charlton striker Izale McLeod. (News of the World)

Coventry and Plymouth are interested in signing Sheffield United's £1.25m-rated striker Jon Stead. (News of the World)

Peterborough have told Charlton to keep away from their 23-goal striker Aaron McLean. (News of the World)

Leicester and Coventry will be alerted to the fact Derby want to sell defender Darren Moore. (News of the World)

Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid are all interested in 15-year-old Brazilian prodigy Neymar. (News of the World)

West Ham and Fulham want to sign Hertha Berlin striker Marko Pantelic. (News of the World)

Birmingham are set to make a £2.5m bid for Manchester City forward Georgios Samaras. (News of the World)

Portsmouth are planning to swoop for Real Mallorca's £5m-rated striker Daniel Guiza. (News of the World)

Newcastle want Portsmouth centre-back Sol Campbell and Rangers defender Carlos Cuellar. (Sunday Express)

Tell us your transfer rumours

OTHER GOSSIP

Kevin Keegan is being paid £4.5m a year to try to revive Newcastle's fortunes - £500,000 more than was offered to Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp. (News of the world)

Meanwhile, Keegan is set to approach Alan Shearer and offer him a job at Newcastle, but he has revealed that the pair may need to resolve some differences first. (News of the World)

Dennis Wise is also in the frame to land a top job at Newcastle. The Leeds boss is being lined up to become director of football at St James' Park. (The Mail on Sunday)

Former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier will this week be offered the Republic of Ireland manager's position. (Sunday Express)

AND FINALLY

Basketball legend Michael Jordan saw Havant & Waterlooville's 4-2 FA Cup victory over Swansea from his holiday home in the Bahamas, while sitting next to one of the club's directors. Havant now plan to send new fan Jordan an extra-large club t-shirt. (News of the World)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something happened with Campbell down at portsmouth yesterday - at 1 o'clock redknapp was saying he hadn't turned up and was going to have reshape his team cos he didn't know if he was goin to land or not then by 2 o'clock they reckoned he had a back injury - bit suspicious to me - i know he wants to come here and may have thought redknapp would take him if he had got the job - as he didn't he may try toforce their hand

nice show of loyalty by campbell... if thats true.

would be a good asset, but needs to be surrounded by players with pace, as his has gone a bit..

So much more solid than anything we have got and reads the game as well as woodgate - it may be nothing but it was just something that caught my attention

Kevin Keegan wants Dimitar Berbatov

By Brian Mcnally 20/01/2008

Kevin Keegan wants to fight Sir Alex Ferguson for Spurs hot - shot Dimitar Berbatov.

The Geordies' football Messiah saw his first game back in charge at Newcastle end in a lowkey 0-0 draw against Bolton.

But Keegan is plotting another transfer coup over the Manchester United manager Ferguson - and he has an ace up his sleeve.

The £26million-rated Berbatov is a lifelong Toon fan. The 26-year-old Bulgarian striker is at the top of Keegan's wanted list.

The widespread belief is that Berbatov will join Manchester United in the summer.

But, just as he persuaded Alan Shearer to snub Old Trafford and join the Geordies in 1996, Keegan wants to snatch Berbatov out of Fergie's clutches.

And Berbatov's mother Margarita revealed: "As a boy Dimitar used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt. It was that special to him.

"He told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son's hero." The other signings Keegan has nominated include Rangers rightback Alan Hutton. He recently turned down a £7million move to Spurs and is also on Ferguson's wanted list.

Keegan would also like to bolster his team's rocky defence with the recruitment of Spurs defender Ledley King. The England centreback's injury problems may make that deal hard to clinch.

Keegan has spent the 16 months based in Scotland at his Soccer Circus business and one of his immediate targets will be Dundee United's Barry Robson. Robson is 29 and could be available in this month's transfer window. He's a hard-winning midfielder who will provide Keegan with more options in his team's floundering engine room. Keegan has also mentioned Geordie boy Michael Carrick as a future transfer target to owner Mike Ashley.

Manchester United will bve reluctant to sell the England star who slipped through Newcastle's clutches as a schoolboy when Keegan was in charge and made his name at West Ham.

Kevin Keegan wants Dimitar Berbatov

By Brian Mcnally 20/01/2008

Kevin Keegan wants to fight Sir Alex Ferguson for Spurs hot - shot Dimitar Berbatov.

The Geordies' football Messiah saw his first game back in charge at Newcastle end in a lowkey 0-0 draw against Bolton.

But Keegan is plotting another transfer coup over the Manchester United manager Ferguson - and he has an ace up his sleeve.

The £26million-rated Berbatov is a lifelong Toon fan. The 26-year-old Bulgarian striker is at the top of Keegan's wanted list.

The widespread belief is that Berbatov will join Manchester United in the summer.

But, just as he persuaded Alan Shearer to snub Old Trafford and join the Geordies in 1996, Keegan wants to snatch Berbatov out of Fergie's clutches.

And Berbatov's mother Margarita revealed: "As a boy Dimitar used to sleep in his Newcastle shirt. It was that special to him.

"He told me it was his dream to play for Newcastle one day and wear the same shirt as Alan Shearer, who is my son's hero." The other signings Keegan has nominated include Rangers rightback Alan Hutton. He recently turned down a £7million move to Spurs and is also on Ferguson's wanted list.

Keegan would also like to bolster his team's rocky defence with the recruitment of Spurs defender Ledley King. The England centreback's injury problems may make that deal hard to clinch.

Keegan has spent the 16 months based in Scotland at his Soccer Circus business and one of his immediate targets will be Dundee United's Barry Robson. Robson is 29 and could be available in this month's transfer window. He's a hard-winning midfielder who will provide Keegan with more options in his team's floundering engine room. Keegan has also mentioned Geordie boy Michael Carrick as a future transfer target to owner Mike Ashley.

Manchester United will bve reluctant to sell the England star who slipped through Newcastle's clutches as a schoolboy when Keegan was in charge and made his name at West Ham.

Robson scored twice yesterday i think thats eleven for the season - as with all scottish midfielders its whether he can transfer his form to the premiership - have seen him on setanta and he is a strong runner and quite tall - a bit like nolan - might worth a punt cos i think he would go for under a mill - could be a good squad man

He certainly would be but boyish dreams aside, the reality is that he could walk into a number of the CL sides at the moment.

The Dennis Wise thing I find a bit baffling like.

I think KK played Wise for England but it might have been Hoddle. That's the only connection I can think of. Probably bollocks anyway though.

"Newcastle and Manchester United are battling it out for the signature of Tottenham striker Dimitar Berbatov. (Mirror on Sunday) nufc.gif"

Battling? BATTLING?? :lol: :lol: ;):D

Dimitri - you can join the biggest club in the world, guaranteed CL footie for the rest of your life, 5-8 medals, play with some of the most exciting talents in the game in front of 70,000+ people or............... well the beer is cheap"

Edited by Rob W

And the two teams could do an £18m deal that would see midfielder Michael Carrick leave Old Trafford for St James' Park. (Daily Star Sunday)

Um fook that for a laugh! Not another rip off man u player

Except for the fact that Carrick is pure quality...

Maybe KK can sell Berbatov the dream. perhaps we might just have that edge that can tempt him here, as he (reportedly) followed this club as a child.

Ohhhhhhhh its history in the making!!!!

nice show of loyalty by campbell... if thats true.

would be a good asset, but needs to be surrounded by players with pace, as his has gone a bit..

Hmm, not too sure as the best £40 mill worth centre forward (according to the dog molester) in the premiership tore him to bits last week.

I heard Carrcik didn't like the club because they sacked him off as a kid. Don't know if that would have been Keegan's era though. He's still a geordie though, read about him coming back to Waaallsend for xmas and that.

I heard Carrcik didn't like the club because they sacked him off as a kid. Don't know if that would have been Keegan's era though. He's still a geordie though, read about him coming back to Waaallsend for xmas and that.

It was Keegan's era, aye.

Didn't say he wasn't even though i doubt he is. Just stating would be a piss take for us to spend 18mil on a player who isn't anything special, 8mil would be a decent figure imo

Didn't say he wasn't even though i doubt he is. Just stating would be a piss take for us to spend 18mil on a player who isn't anything special, 8mil would be a decent figure imo

Well, you are saying he isn't, aren't you?

He certainly would be but boyish dreams aside, the reality is that he could walk into a number of the CL sides at the moment.

The Dennis Wise thing I find a bit baffling like.

Bit worrying but I had a dream that Dennis Wise arguing on telly with Alan Shearer about taxi fares.

Well, you are saying he isn't, aren't you?

I suppose i am :lol: