Alvaro from Levante to Toon???

ohhh_yeah

Alvaro Off To Newcastle

Newcastle are poised to announce the signing of Brazilian defender Alvaro from Levante as the transfer deadline approaches. Spanish side Levante are willing to listen to offers in the region of €3 million for the centre back with the Magpies reportedly keen on pushing a deal through. With Levante strapped for cash, the 28 year old has been told he will be sacrificed if the price is right. Having lost out in the race to sign Jonathan Woodgate, time is running out for Kevin Keegan if he is to strengthen his back four before the end of the January transfer window. The former Real Zaragoza stopper is good in the air and should help stiffen a Newcastle backline that has looked less than secure recently.

Alvaro is believed to be travelling to England in a bid to discuss personal terms and the move to the North East, which would see him become Keegan's first major signing since his return to the game.

goal.com

Alvaro Off To Newcastle

Newcastle are poised to announce the signing of Brazilian defender Alvaro from Levante as the transfer deadline approaches. Spanish side Levante are willing to listen to offers in the region of €3 million for the centre back with the Magpies reportedly keen on pushing a deal through. With Levante strapped for cash, the 28 year old has been told he will be sacrificed if the price is right. Having lost out in the race to sign Jonathan Woodgate, time is running out for Kevin Keegan if he is to strengthen his back four before the end of the January transfer window. The former Real Zaragoza stopper is good in the air and should help stiffen a Newcastle backline that has looked less than secure recently.

Alvaro is believed to be travelling to England in a bid to discuss personal terms and the move to the North East, which would see him become Keegan's first major signing since his return to the game.

goal.com

Marcelino?

Alvaro Off To Newcastle

goal.com

Marcelino?

But Cheaper?

from what ive seen hes awful, no better than cacapa- although if im fair hes very good in the air. big fella and scores a fair few goals from corners and setpieces

Edited by JaMoUsE

Most likely one of the 'ones for the future' ;):D :D

I know absolutely fuckin' nowt about this guy so why do I feel so underfuckintasticallywhelmed ???? Players who are 28 that we've never heard of suddenly becoming just what we need ????

Just call me Thomas. Doubting fuckin' Thomas.

Álvaro se va al Newcastle

Álvaro viajará el miércoles a Inglaterra para pasar la revisión médica con el Newcastle, después de haber llegado a un acuerdo con el club valenciano para poder ser traspasado a la entidad británica, después de que esta asegurara el cumplimiento de los requisitos solicitados por el club español.

Según reconoció el jugador, el Newcastle se ha comprometido a pagar el coste íntegro de su traspaso antes del 31 de enero, motivo por el que el Levante había rechazado inicialmente la oferta del club inglés, al no tener garantizado el pago dentro de ese plazo.

Aunque no ha trascendido oficialmente la cuantía del traspaso, éste podría rondar algo más de dos millones de euros, con los que el club levantinista podría hacer frente a buena parte de las deudas que tiene contraídas con sus empleados,

La salida del brasileño Álvaro se une a las de su compatriota Savio Bortolini, el francés Christian Riganó, los italianos Marco Storari y Bruno Cirillo y Jose Emilio Viqueira, quienes durante este mes de enero han llegado a un acuerdo con el Levante, para abandonar la entidad, bien en forma de rescisión de contrato, de cesión o de traspaso.

and ran through a translator it says this...

Alvaro goes away to the Newcastle Alvaro will travel Wednesday to England to pass the medical revision with the Newcastle, after to have reached an agreement with the Valencian club to be able to be transferred to the British organization, after this assured the fulfillment the requirements asked for by the Spanish club. According to the player recognized, the Newcastle has itself it jeopardize to pay the complete cost of his crossing before the 31 of January, reason by which Levante had initially rejected the supply of the English club, when not having guaranteed the payment within that term. Although not has extended officially quantity of crossing, this one could to make the rounds something more than two million of euros, with that the levantinista club could do in front of good part of the debts that it has contracted with its employees, The exit of the Brazilian Alvaro is united to those of its compatriot Savio Bortolini, the French Christian Riganó, Italian the Frame Storari and Bruno Cirillo and Jose Emilio Viqueira, who during this month of January has reached an agreement with Levante, to leave the organization, or in form of crossing or cession, contract rescission.

Doesn't sound like it's a deal that fits anywhere near Keegan's stated stragey for signings. He's got no premiership experience and is anything but one for the future.

Sounds like he would add to the problems we already have.

Hopefully Senegal will get knocked out this week and we will soon have Faye and Beye back.

A bit of cover I assume. No bad thing (assuming he's half-decent) given how we aren't exactly overbrimming with centre-backs who are any good.

Sounds like the Barton scenario all over again...

He is apparently holding out for a pay-off because he didn't ask to leave.

Yet on the other hand he is saying that he doesn't want to play for them again.

One to steer clear of I think!

I agree! Don't know nowt about him, but if he was any good a host of clubs would be in for him.

I agree! Don't know nowt about him, but if he was any good a host of clubs would be in for him.

Bad logic there lad.

Bad logic there lad.

Not so sure. He's 28 after all.

Guest Patrokles
played against swansea last summer and was a pile of shite by all accounts ( so I'm told)

Only just noticed where you're from. I have a friend who lives down Mumbles way.

played against swansea last summer and was a pile of shite by all accounts ( so I'm told)

Only just noticed where you're from. I have a friend who lives down Mumbles way.

emm im not from swansea, just live here with wife and kids etc. Give us a shout next time you're down visitng him :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles

emm im not from swansea, just live here with wife and kids etc. Give us a shout next time you're down visitng him :nufc:

Her. I'm a hit with the half-welsh ladies. :icon_lol:

emm im not from swansea, just live here with wife and kids etc. Give us a shout next time you're down visitng him :angry:

Her. I'm a hit with the half-welsh ladies. :icon_lol:

Aye, she's called Baaaabara :nufc:

Álvaro Fury As Levante Hold Up Newcastle Move

Álvaro has claimed that he has to leave Levante immediately after the club looked to block his transfer to Newcastle United as they could not agree a compensation package.

zoom - galleria The Brazilian defender has hit out at the Granota outfit for not allowing him to wrap up a dream move to the Premier League.

Having spoken to Newcastle, Álvaro was due in England to undergo a medical and sign for the club and last minute hold-up has upset him.

"I am very hurt. Only the club will know the reasons why they have done this," he stated.

"My head is no longer with Levante.

"I am hurt because I have had the offer to leave since January 21 and I do not understand why they have done this."

Álvaro then said that he believes that things will sort themselves out as there is still enough time to push the deal through before the transfer window closes.

"I hope that this can be resolved, because if not then there will be big problems," he added.

According to Levante, they have not sanctioned the switch as it could not be agreed how much they would have to pay him as he had not asked to leave.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com