Which country would you most like to visit?

Asprilla

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Switzerland, Ireland.

37152[/snapback]

Been through Switzerland before on route to Italy on a coach holiday (remember them?). The scenery is stunning.

37162[/snapback]

Lucky you, i'd really like to see it, wouldnt mind Prague and Venice too.

Yeah, i remember coach holidays, still do them cos i wont fly :lol:

Australia.

And there's nowt wrong with LA.  It's a really nice place if you visit the nice parts of it.  The US as a whole is a great place to visit though.

37167[/snapback]

Overrated :lol:

Nah, it's well worth the visit mate.

Switzerland, Ireland.

37152[/snapback]

Been through Switzerland before on route to Italy on a coach holiday (remember them?). The scenery is stunning.

37162[/snapback]

37170[/snapback]

Venice is beautiful too, haven't been to Prague yet.

Japan

36896[/snapback]

I wanna visit the US but after having seen so much of it on telly Im bound to be disappointed. I wanna see New York, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Disney Land, the Grand Canyon, Cowboys and cacti, visit cape canavaral, have breakfast in a roadside diner, go to the whitehouse, watch a denver broncos game and go jellystone park.

knaa what i meen lyek? would be quite a hectic weekend i suspect

36915[/snapback]

do it mate, u wont be disappointed, except maybe by LA which is a total shit hole.

36924[/snapback]

im gonna have to do some planning to get the most of of it though, where would you recommend me go? obviously i cant go everywhere like.

perhaps i should have thought of this before i had kids as well really, guess I'll have to settle for disneyland in a few years!

36939[/snapback]

In 96 I travelled for about 18 days on Amtrak - you could get this unlimited pass for about $200 (regardless of age) - you should check it out (especially if you like slow moving trains - the best way to travel!). I stayed in all the major cities from Florida to Boston (my favourite). Accomodation wise it was off season (also had the benefit of missing us "losing" the premiership), so I basically booked medium priced hotels on the day - hotels in the US were also quite cheap then.

This worked out OK apart from one night in Baltimore. They were having some game of rounders or something, and all the hotels were booked up with travelling rounders fans - I slept on the street that night which was VERY scary.

I believe you can also get cheap unlimited plane tickets as well - definitely worth doing if you want to see the states and your time is limited. A word of warning though, I believe (from experience) the whole atmosphere of the country has changed since 9/11, and it isn't the relaxed experience it once was. For instance, you used to be able to turn up on the day and get shown around the whitehouse (btw Washington is a great city), but I doubt you can do that now.

As for me I agree with several others - Japan has a strange allure.

This worked out OK apart from one night in Baltimore. They were having some game of rounders or something, and all the hotels were booked up with travelling rounders fans - I slept on the street that night which was VERY scary.

37176[/snapback]

Renton is a bum. :lol:

Switzerland, Ireland.

37152[/snapback]

37162[/snapback]

37170[/snapback]

37174[/snapback]

apparantely because Prague has become quite a fashionable place to visit (stag doos etc) its got really expensive.

Switzerland, Ireland.

37152[/snapback]

37162[/snapback]

37170[/snapback]

37174[/snapback]

apparantely because Prague has become quite a fashionable place to visit (stag doos etc) its got really expensive.

37179[/snapback]

I think it's relatively expensive rather than actually being so (from what I've heard). The days of the 20p pint of pilsner are probably over though ;)

Switzerland, Ireland.

37152[/snapback]

37162[/snapback]

37170[/snapback]

37174[/snapback]

37179[/snapback]

I think it's relatively expensive rather than actually being so (from what I've heard). The days of the 20p pint of pilsner are probably over though ;)

37182[/snapback]

My wife went there in the summer hols in 1990. Apparently as a condition of the visa, you had to spend at least £3 a day there. Doesn't seem like a lot - except you could eat 5 of the finest meals a day (which were still rank) and virtually unlimited alcohol with this money. Basically, you couldn't spend it fast enough.

Japan

36896[/snapback]

I wanna visit the US but after having seen so much of it on telly Im bound to be disappointed. I wanna see New York, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Disney Land, the Grand Canyon, Cowboys and cacti, visit cape canavaral, have breakfast in a roadside diner, go to the whitehouse, watch a denver broncos game and go jellystone park.

knaa what i meen lyek? would be quite a hectic weekend i suspect

36915[/snapback]

do it mate, u wont be disappointed, except maybe by LA which is a total shit hole.

36924[/snapback]

im gonna have to do some planning to get the most of of it though, where would you recommend me go? obviously i cant go everywhere like.

perhaps i should have thought of this before i had kids as well really, guess I'll have to settle for disneyland in a few years!

36939[/snapback]

we've done a trip a couple of times

Denver - Aspen - Rockies - Silverado- Mesa Verde - Monumnet Valley - Grand Canyon - Las Vegas - LA - coast highway to Monterrey finish in San Francisco - takes 2 weeks

best in Sept/Oct

Canada. Whilst I would love to say I want to go for purely cultural reasons, it would mainly be to catch an NHL game in the home of hockey...  :lol:

37097[/snapback]

Well miss out the Ecoast (watch the Shipping News if you want to see what its like)

go directly to Calgary and watch the Flames and then through the Rockies to Vancouver

Canada. Whilst I would love to say I want to go for purely cultural reasons, it would mainly be to catch an NHL game in the home of hockey...  :lol:

37097[/snapback]

Well miss out the Ecoast (watch the Shipping News if you want to see what its like)

go directly to Calgary and watch the Flames and then through the Rockies to Vancouver

37197[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. The Mrs has relatives in Vancouver so we're hinting and waiting for the invite.

37097[/snapback]

37197[/snapback]

My wifes brother emigrated to Nova Scotia a couple of years ago and we're actually flying out for a visit tomorrow. To say theres not a lot there would be an understatement...

Canada. Whilst I would love to say I want to go for purely cultural reasons, it would mainly be to catch an NHL game in the home of hockey...  ;)

37097[/snapback]

37197[/snapback]

Sounds good to me. The Mrs has relatives in Vancouver so we're hinting and waiting for the invite.

37207[/snapback]

phone1.jpg

:lol:

My wifes brother emigrated to Nova Scotia a couple of years ago and we're actually flying out for a visit tomorrow. To say theres not a lot there would be an understatement...

37222[/snapback]

Nova Scotia! Is he the reason they changed the phone numbers to 2 digits then?

I don't like visiting places for a week or two. Currently in France for a year or 2 and want to live in Italy for a while and Norway for 6 months. Would love to spend a few years further afield - New Zealand and Peru - when I'm feeling more adventurous.

Brazil

37277[/snapback]

Me too. I had a bit of an adventure to Brazil all planned out a couple of years ago but circumstances meant that I didn't end up going. I'd still like to do it eventually though and I'd also like to see some more of South America. There's parts of North America I'd like to go to including re-visiting NYC and New England, and various cities I'd like to visit including Paris, Vienna, Florence etc..

Anywhere's an adventure IMO anyway....

Edited by catmag