Lazio reel in Rozehnal (on loan)

khay

David Rozehnal has admitted he is 'bitter' about how his move to Newcastle has turned out.

The Czech Republic international defender was signed in a £2.9million deal from Paris St Germain by former manager Sam Allardyce in the summer.

But Rozehnal has admitted he is unhappy about the amount of time he spent on the bench under Allardyce, and how he has now been asked to play out of position by new boss Kevin Keegan.

And with Euro 2008 looming on the horizon, Rozehnal knows he must be in action in his preferred position to secure his place in the Czech side.

Rotation

He told Pravo: "I am bitter. I was looking forward very much to coming to Newcastle after playing at Club Brugge and PSG.

"Now I am not sure if this looks like a dream spell. I did not expect I would be sitting on the bench.

"Once I play as right-back, then left-back. Then in right midfield, or as a defensive midfielder.

"For instance, in the FA Cup fixture against Arsenal the coach wanted me to play in centre midfield like when I played against Bolton, but Enrique injured himself so I was put in defence. I don't like such rotation."

"I don't want to drop out of it ahead of Euro 2008. Training (sessions) at Newcastle are of a high-quality but game practice is irreplaceable."

Sad

Rozehnal, who has been linked with Lazio and Real Zaragoza, plans to speak with Keegan over his plans for the future, and is determined to fight for his place.

He said: "He promised to speak to us individually. I want to know his ideas and therefore know what I can expect.

"I like competition, it is useful. There are four equally-talented players for my position. I admit that the team composition is up to our coach and don't complain at all.

"But I think we are on the same level, I am not worse than them. Moreover, I showed some good performances at the beginning.

"That is why I am so sad that I don't play as much as I wish to. That is why I don't feel as well as I felt in Brugge or in Paris. I will fight on."

From skysports.

From his point of view he has a point (Duh!), and I think he certainly doesnt adapt well to other positions. I did think he was canny to begin with but now.... not so sure. Id certainly restrict him to the role he wants, but that would get him even less games than he gets now.

Can't be arsed to retype that, but it's probably the worst couple of sentences I've ever wrote :icon_lol: I knew what I meant...

Yes he has not looked like he enjoys the physical side of the game but fook me what a fickle bunch :icon_lol: , I remember after a few games there were a fair few on here and N-O raving about him.

Anyhoo as pointed out he didn't cost that much and I expect we will easily recoup our money for him if he moves on in the summer..

Lazio have made a dramatic late swoop for Newcastle United defender David Rozehnal.

The Biancocelesti had been looking for reinforcements for the back line after loaning Guglielmo Stendardo to Juventus for the remainder of the season.

With the transfer deadline looming, President Claudio Lotito has revealed that towering Czech international Rozehnal has joined the capital club.

“We have signed Rozehnal from Lazio despite problem in communicating by fax,” the Lazio chief declared on Sky Sport Italia.

“The confirmation was lacking for a while, but in the end everything went well and we have an excellent new defender who will strengthen the squad and increase the competition for places at the club.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan31l.html

I cannot see us letting him go at this stage and with no replacement. Though if they want to swap with Pandev I am all for it. :icon_lol:

Lazio have made a dramatic late swoop for Newcastle United defender David Rozehnal.

The Biancocelesti had been looking for reinforcements for the back line after loaning Guglielmo Stendardo to Juventus for the remainder of the season.

With the transfer deadline looming, President Claudio Lotito has revealed that towering Czech international Rozehnal has joined the capital club.

“We have signed Rozehnal from Lazio despite problem in communicating by fax,” the Lazio chief declared on Sky Sport Italia.

“The confirmation was lacking for a while, but in the end everything went well and we have an excellent new defender who will strengthen the squad and increase the competition for places at the club.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan31l.html

I cannot see us letting him go at this stage and with no replacement. Though if they want to swap with Pandev I am all for it. :icon_lol:

Too right, Him + 7 mill or so to take Pandev away from them... fingers crossed eh?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3097536,00.html

Newcastle United defender David Rozehnal is set to join Lazio on loan for the rest of the season.

The Czech Republic international joined the Magpies in a £2.9million transfer from Paris Saint Germain last summer.

He has made 21 appearances in the Premier League, but appears to be on his way to Serie A with a view to a permanent move.

Rozehnal has been playing in midfield since Kevin Keegan returned as manager, and his agent Pavel Zika admits the 27-year-old wants to revert to a central defensive position.

"David Rozehnal joined Newcastle only last summer, but has not been playing in his position in defence," Zika told Pravo.

"The Lazio offer came shortly before the transfer deadline, but we managed to finish the deal."

Lazio have been busy raiding the Premier League, having brought in Manchester City duo Rolando Bianchi and Ousmane Dabo during the transfer window.

:icon_lol: