relegation

jab

As Ive maintained, I think what will stop is going down is another team (and I class Fulham and Derby as gone) having a harder run in.

Just look at bolton : Liverpool h, wigan a, man u a, man city h, arsenal h, villa a, west ham h, boro a, spurs a, sunderland h, chelsea a

Wigans is also pretty tough.

Then again, ours aint that pretty <_<

This has actually cheered me up, you're right. I think we would have been fine if we had won today. We could be in the bottom three after the Liverpool game now though.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Ive maintained, I think what will stop is going down is another team (and I class Fulham and Derby as gone) having a harder run in.

Just look at bolton : Liverpool h, wigan a, man u a, man city h, arsenal h, villa a, west ham h, boro a, spurs a, sunderland h, chelsea a

Are Bolton worse than us? I seriously think they have more wins in them than us, they could easily beat Citeh at home and West Ham then Sunderland, It's hard to see where Newcastle's next is coming from like, take the specs off

Edited by @yourservice

I now think relegation is a certainty. This is because I am afraid KK is picking the same shit players over and over again. If Smith and Barton play at Anfield we will be beat heavily.

Godber barton cannot play at Anfield because of his bail conditions, phew!! <_<

Are Bolton worse than us? I seriously think they have more wins in them than us, they could easily beat Citeh at home and West Ham then Sunderland, It's hard to see where Newcastle's next is coming from like, take the specs off

I dont think you could say easily beat them tbf. We should beat Fulham, Reading maybe, mackems even possibly, though Id not say easily.

Our next 7 games after Liverpool are

Birmingham

Fulham

Spurs

Reading

Portsmouth

Sunderland

West Ham

If we play like we did yesterday theres nothing stopping us getting 12 or more points out of those games

We played class yesterday , Owens finishing let us down and Barton was shocking but most people put in a good shift. There was a lot of potential for a couple of howlers from Taylor like <_<

Good atmosphere, bringing back the retro 'Where did you park your mini bus' :razz:

Our next 7 games after Liverpool are

Birmingham

Fulham

Spurs

Reading

Portsmouth

Sunderland

West Ham

If we play like we did yesterday theres nothing stopping us getting 12 or more points out of those games

Big 'if' though. That's about the best we've played for several months.

Conversely, Reading’s run in:

Man City

Liverpool

Birmingham

Blackburn

Newcastle

Fulham

Arsenal

Wigan

Tottenham

Derby

and Fulham:

Blackburn

Everton

Newcastle

Derby

Sunderland

Reading

Liverpool

Man City

Birmingham

Portsmouth

I've done the BBC predictor and trying to be as realistic as possible with our fixtures and I've got us finishing 12th on 40 points, my bottom 4 was:

17th - Wigan - 29 points

-----------------------------------

18th - Bolton - 28 points

19th - Fulham - 26 points

20th - Derby - 11 points.

I hope I'm right.

I've done the BBC predictor and trying to be as realistic as possible with our fixtures and I've got us finishing 12th on 40 points, my bottom 4 was:

17th - Wigan - 29 points

I hope I'm right.

I think 'well be 35-38 points and finish 15th or so.

We wont go down (you have to admire my stubborness on this point <_< )

17th - Wigan - 29 points

I hope I'm right.

I think 'well be 35-38 points and finish 15th or so.

We wont go down (you have to admire my stubborness on this point <_< )

Give it a go:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...tor/default.stm

It's looking like about 6 clubs fighting not to be 3rd bottom. It's lucky the bottom two looked doomed because if there were two places up for grabs you'd have to say we'd be looking like one of them.

Agree with Alex on that. What you have to do is look at all the teams down there, I think we've got enough in us to finish above one of them. If we were cut adrift that we've be staring down the barrel, as it is I think we have to be positive, accept that yesterday we were decent but wasteful and paid the price. Or we could go off into a spiral of despair and call everything and everyone worse than shit.

Call me daft, but I've still not been concerned by relegation.

Since Keegan came, he's only had 2 games against bottom half opposition. He lost neither and deserved to win both.

He's had some tough games like. I think people have ignored that at times.

looks like third place will be as low as 34 points............. so anyone who gets a couple of wins and a couple of draws will be Ok

Reading for example have been playing well and not getting results - an away win at Smog City will have improved their morale no end

I still fancy the Rabble for the drop........... with Fulham and Derby........

I wasn't there yesterday but by all accounts we played well and should have won.

If we play as good as we did yesterday against Reading, Fulham, sunlun and the rest, we should be able to pick up another 10 points.

Still got us finishing fifth bottom.

looks like third place will be as low as 34 points............. so anyone who gets a couple of wins and a couple of draws will be Ok

Reading for example have been playing well and not getting results - an away win at Smog City will have improved their morale no end

Fulham and Derby? You reckon? <_<

Fulham and Derby? You reckon? :razz:

Proper pundit <_<

Looking at our games up to the derby, and the mackems', I reckon there'll be a bit more space between us come derby day.

They've got.

Everton

Chelsea

Aston Villa

West Ham

Fulham

Man City

I reckon they'll do well to take 3 points from that lot, wheras we can take points off all except Liverpool.

I've only just realised there's only a point between us and Sunderland... <_<

And they've got a better goal difference!

I genuinely haven't been worried about relegation at all, not so much a great belief in us but mainly down to there being some shocking teams in this league. I did however think we'd win yesterday and to be fair we really should have but for finishing. Come the end of the Brum game if we've lost to them and Liverpool then i would start to worry as depending on what other teams have done we'd be in the bottom 3 quite likely.

Our aim sadly has to be to emulate the mackems and that means beating the bottom teams at home. If we beat Fulham, Reading and the mackems themselves a home and pick up a point or 2 away from home we'll be fine. Lose any of those games and it won't look good at all!

But i don't think we'll go down and would put money on us to stay up if i was the gambling type.