Kevin Keegan warns Shola Ameobi to take his next chance at Newcastle or leave

ewerk

Kevin Keegan has warned Shola Ameobi he has to take his next chance at Newcastle or leave.

The Toon boss is keen to get the former England Under-21 striker firing again - but says his chances are running out.

Ameobi, 26, is struggling for first team action behind Mark Viduka, Michael Owen, Oba Martins and Alan Smith and is wanted by Glenn Roeder at Norwich.

Keegan said: "Our challenge, mine in particular, is to look at the club and assess players. I've told him what I think.

"You think he's a young lad, but he's 26 now and he's got to make the breakthrough quickly or maybe there's somewhere else he can do it.

"There's a better player in Shola than we've seen so far, but the test will be when he gets his chance - and he will.

"He's one of the challenges here and it's one I relish."

Following Nigel Pearson's departure last week, three more experts brought in by Sam Allardyce left the club yesterday.

Head of sports medicine Mark Taylor, ProZone analyst Gavin Fleig and fitness coach Mark Howard made their exit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20319901/

Kevin Keegan has warned Shola Ameobi he has to take his next chance at Newcastle or leave.

The Toon boss is keen to get the former England Under-21 striker firing again - but says his chances are running out.

Ameobi, 26, is struggling for first team action behind Mark Viduka, Michael Owen, Oba Martins and Alan Smith and is wanted by Glenn Roeder at Norwich.

Keegan said: "Our challenge, mine in particular, is to look at the club and assess players. I've told him what I think.

"You think he's a young lad, but he's 26 now and he's got to make the breakthrough quickly or maybe there's somewhere else he can do it.

"There's a better player in Shola than we've seen so far, but the test will be when he gets his chance - and he will.

"He's one of the challenges here and it's one I relish."

Following Nigel Pearson's departure last week, three more experts brought in by Sam Allardyce left the club yesterday.

Head of sports medicine Mark Taylor, ProZone analyst Gavin Fleig and fitness coach Mark Howard made their exit.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20319901/

Apart from the last couple of paragraphs its pretty much a rehash of Keegans Radio Newcastle broadcast.