should keegan get the sack if we go down?

Dr Gloom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gloom by name, gloom by nature...

Feel free to bump this thread after we have been relegated, but I don't see any need to discuss this kind of hypothetical (or indeed hysterical) scenario right now...

you think this thread is overly gloomy given our current situation? :nufc:

Yes, it looks like you are nowadays trying to be gloomy for the sake of it. We are in danger of getting relegated, sure, but we are not relegated yet. So what point do you want to prove in starting this kind of discussion?

Edited by Isegrim

No, the currrent situation is the product of the Souness/Roeder/Allardyce regimes, the only thing Keegan is guilty of is being the one left holding on when the music stopped.

Keegan shouldn't be sacked, but I do fear he might walk if the worst happend.

No chance of getting anyone better if we go down so best to stick with.

No (realistic) chance of getting anyone better if we stay up to be brutally honest.

Keegan's hardly doing a bad job, considering the time he's had (still very short), that he's has no real time to buy, that he's trying to rebuild a football team from what was a hoofball team (that wasn't doing very well as that in the first place), and that he has been pretty unlucky (Sven would have won against Blackburn 3-0 all things being equal :nufc:).

I doubt he'd walk, to be honest I wouldn't want him to either. We need to stop this knee-jerking nonsense just on what the press reports (inaccurately). Kev's the right man for the job regardless of what people outside the club or it's support might want to believe.

Many people might level the criticism on Keegan that he hasn't won anything as a manager but no one can fault his record of getting teams promoted and re establishing them in the premier league.

Therefor I think we would be mad to get rid of him at that stage even if there were doubts about how far he could take us after that, especially as it would take about the duration of his contract to get us back to a stage where we could think about looking to challenge again.

Hopefully this will all be irrelevant when we stay up but I can't say I'm confident of that at the minute.

Why don't we just give our managers a six month contract, then we can have two every year, and every season can be a 'transitional' one. Hooray! :nufc:

Doesn't that already happen?

And in a much worse position than when he took over.

Not saying he could be completely forgiven if we went down. Just putting a positive spin on the times ahead even if the worst came to the worst.

Which it won't.

Not saying he could be completely forgiven if we went down. Just putting a positive spin on the times ahead even if the worst came to the worst.

Which it won't.

I know that man :nufc:

Don't think it will matter tbh, he'll walk anyway

only way he'll walk away is if the board don't back him or someone sticks their nose into his job.

Either of these, and I wouln't blame him either.

Can't believe how many of our so called fans have him down as a quitter, shows the stamp of them tbh and if going down meant seeing the back of them I'd take it.

agreed.

Which it won't.

Much worse is a bit harsh btw.

Only dropped one position since his arrival :nufc:

Which it won't.

Much worse is a bit harsh btw.

Only dropped one position since his arrival :nufc:

I meant what you said, i.e. if he did take us down.