Replacement for Given

bawan

If we sell Given and need a second choice keeper to come in I think Oleksandr Shovkovskiy would be a great choice.

I don't think any of our youngsters are ready to step into the Premier League just yet.

Who would you have.

Here is just a little video with Oleksandr Shovkovskiy:

Edit: Shovkovskiy is 33

Edited by bawan

Rene Adler of Bayer Leverkusen looks a good prospect

Absolutely. He is having a great season and was very good in his first season last year as well.

Neuer from Schalke isn't bad either, but has been struggling a bit this year after being incredible last season. His performance against Lisbon last week was absolutely world class though.

Edited by Isegrim

IF we sold Given I'd alternate Krul and Forster as sub to Harper, that way they still get plenty of games with the reserves but are also there until we bring them to the fore.

It'll be an "experienced" (old, past-it) guy for a year or two to back up Harper until Krul is ready to step up, or maybe that other youngster we signed.

Doubt Given will leave anyway. He's missed the boat in terms of a big move, not much of a step up available for him out there anymore.

Don't think either Krul and Foster are near ready like. We definitely need a new keeper as well like, and if Keegan has big bucks to spend... However i don't see him buying anyone else just yet.

Harper is more than good enough , ive felt so more comfortable knowing he's in goal when he's played this season , he's got given's shot stopping and a whole lot more to boot imo .

Where's this Given leaving suggestion come from?

I dunno.

I can't imagine we'd get all that much for him now, and really if he gets his injury issues sorted out, I'm not sure why we'd want to sell him. Both Given and Harper should still be in their prime for goalkeepers and for a couple of seasons yet at least.

Bawan.

Was just a suggestion since hes probably had his shittest season since he put on a Toon top.

That's what I just said numbnuts :( I think he's finished fwiw. Which isn't a lot admittedly.

Jaaskelainen on a free would be my guess.

What I was going to say, not had his best season at Bolton though from what I have heard (can't claim to watch all that many Bolton games). Was a good keeper though.

Bawan.

Was just a suggestion since hes probably had his shittest season since he put on a Toon top.

That's what I just said numbnuts :razz: I think he's finished fwiw. Which isn't a lot admittedly.

Well that really depends on if his injuries issues are something that can be operated on and sorted out (and just haven't been), or whether the damage is always going to leave him injury prone and/or less mobile no matter what is done to him.

Probably won't get a clear idea until well into next season anyway I guess.

Bawan.

That's what I just said numbnuts :razz: I think he's finished fwiw. Which isn't a lot admittedly.

Well that really depends on if his injuries issues are something that can be operated on and sorted out (and just haven't been), or whether the damage is always going to leave him injury prone and/or less mobile no matter what is done to him.

Don't go committing yourself there Fop.

Bawan.

Only and fool or I guess a prophet would claim to know something that is currently completely unknowable.

As I said only time will tell.

Bawan.

Only and fool or I guess a prophet would claim to know something that is currently completely unknowable.

As I said only time will tell.

If you say so.