What did you guys think of.................

Torres

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic cup game and 2J is right - for the cream of European football there was some awful refereeing over the two legs...

FWIW I felt the penalty at Anfield was right but then I also think the claim at the Emirates should have been given too.

I'd just like a neutral view.

You've come to the wrong place then, mate :icon_lol:

Nah, just curious. I though it was a fascinating 2 games at the highest level. Arsenal`s fans are quite poor supporters though.

Babels wasnt a pen imo. Arsenal played better. Liverpool got lucky in Europe again.

Again. Just seems to go on and on does n`t it.....................funny that!

Liverpool V Arsenal in the CL over the two legs? I`d just like a neutral view.

Nah, just curious. I though it was a fascinating 2 games at the highest level. Arsenal`s fans are quite poor supporters though.

`

I've never used that key on my keyboard before, I didn't even realise it was there.

Babels wasnt a pen imo. Arsenal played better. Liverpool got lucky in Europe again.

tbf you have to admit that both penalties, given and not given, were dodgy at best.

If I'm honest, Liverpool and Arsenal was enjoyable but the prospect of Liverpool v. Chelsea is about as interesting as watching grass grow.

I thought Liverpool would do it like. dunno what it is with them. they dont seem to have what it takes in the league, but on the CL they seem to have more belief or something. I also thought both pens were dodgy. Arsenal should have had one in the first game. Liverpools was a bit soft. But, you make you're own luck eh.

I thought Liverpool would do it like. dunno what it is with them. they dont seem to have what it takes in the league, but on the CL they seem to have more belief or something. I also thought both pens were dodgy. Arsenal should have had one in the first game. Liverpools was a bit soft. But, you make you're own luck eh.

eh eh eh? :icon_lol:

In the first leg I thought Arsenal were the better footballing team throughout but they seem to have lost the final finish when they get into the box.

In the second Arsenal started brightly enough but then faded and Liverpool took over and looked the better team and as always it's goals that count and the Scousers scored the most.

I thought it was a definite pen against Babel in the 2nd leg. The one in the first leg was a pen too though. I thought Arsenal were a bit unlucky but Liverpool showed some great spirit, especially after they went a goal down in the second leg. They also played some nice football themselves, something they haven't always done under Benitez and the tempo at which they played made it very difficult for Arsenal in the second half of the second leg in particular. I certainly don't think the result was a travesty by any means. The 2nd leg was a great game too.

Yeah anyone would think the competition was rigged. :(

Clearly Torres has made the differance when your two banks of 90 defenders decide to counter attack. :icon_lol:

Edited by Park Life

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...nvoronin110.xml

:icon_lol:

Andriy Voronin bemoans life at Liverpool

By Vicki Hodges

Last Updated: 9:07am BST 10/04/2008

"Out-of-favour striker Andriy Voronin has made himself Public Enemy No 1 on Merseyside after criticising the standard of living in Britain and in particular the city of Liverpool.

The 27-year-old Ukrainian has failed to make an impact on the pitch since arriving on a free transfer from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer, but he has made his presence felt when it comes to bemoaning all that is wrong with life in the UK.

Get me outta here: Voronin launches attack on life in England

Voronin took no prisoners in his rant which criticised the Scouse way of talking, the high crime rate in the city and attacked the country's health care."

Compared with Germany, England is far behind in terms of comfort and culture," Voronin said in an interview with a Russian newspaper.

"Five out of the seven houses near us are occupied by footballers.

advertisement

"Steve Gerrard was burgled recently so a police patrol car comes into our compound fairly often.

"We hear police sirens all the time. Leverkusen, by contrast, was so much quieter."

On Britain's health care, he said: "The medical services here are poor. When I was in Germany, there were lots of good clinics and doctors.

"It is nothing like that here - when our child had a skin allergy we waited hours for the doctor to see him.

"When we finally got to see a doctor, he said he didn't know how to treat children and to try rubbing in this ointment.

"That was it. I was stunned. As a result my wife had to go back to Odessa with him and took a full set of tests there."

Edited by Park Life

Guest Stevie

A total injustice, shite atmosphere too especially in the first half, anyone can sing a few songs with 10 mins to go in a CL QF to decide who goes through to a semi, yet idiots like Souness were wanking over it. If there was any justice it would've finished 2-2 . On a separate note, I think Liverpool have the best fox in the box in the world, the question is how long can you hang on to him?

I didn't think the atmosphere was owt special like, especially when the Liverpool players needed the crowd behind them. It's normally very good on these sorts of nights though (I suppose it should be).

Guest Stevie
I didn't think the atmosphere was owt special like, especially when the Liverpool players needed the crowd behind them. It's normally very good on these sorts of nights though (I suppose it should be).

Nothing they can ever do or Celtic for that matter could touch Barca in 97.