Portsmouth

Gemmill

Is the one-man goal and assist machine Laurent "Wreckin' crew" Robert allowed to play in this one? Just wondering because I know there was some will he/won't he talk when he first went there.

Incidentally, I haven't seen Portsmouth play this season, but with them sitting 17th in the table, wouldn't you think they'd give Robert a game so he could single-handedly pull them out of the mire? What's that? He HAS been playing? Oh. :lol:

Is the one-man goal and assist machine Laurent "Wreckin' crew" Robert allowed to play in this one?  Just wondering because I know there was some will he/won't he talk when he first went there.

Incidentally, I haven't seen Portsmouth play this season, but with them sitting 17th in the table, wouldn't you think they'd give Robert a game so he could single-handedly pull them out of the mire?  What's that?  He HAS been playing?  Oh.  :lol:

38867[/snapback]

The craic when he went was that he wouldn't be allowed to play against us this season.

Is the one-man goal and assist machine Laurent "Wreckin' crew" Robert allowed to play in this one?  Just wondering because I know there was some will he/won't he talk when he first went there.

Incidentally, I haven't seen Portsmouth play this season, but with them sitting 17th in the table, wouldn't you think they'd give Robert a game so he could single-handedly pull them out of the mire?  What's that?  He HAS been playing?  Oh.  :D

38867[/snapback]

Well if you added the number of goals & assists he's been involved with this season at Portsmouth to our tally, we'd be 3rd. :lol:

Edited by Optimistic Nut

The only thing I expect from robert is a handful of exceptional goals lost in a season of petty, whining, pointing-the-finger-at-everybodyelse to explain his own lacklustre overall contribution as pompey slide out of the premier league. And I expect the pompey fans to be glad to see the back of him in May.

Well, well, Gemmill opens a thread about Robert, and the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to have a pop at him, despite him being by far Portsmouth's best player so far this season. :D

For God's sake give it a rest, or I'll start another Bellamy thread. :lol:

The only thing I expect from robert is a handful of exceptional goals lost in a season of petty, whining, pointing-the-finger-at-everybodyelse to explain his own lacklustre overall contribution as pompey slide out of the premier league. And I expect the pompey fans to be glad to see the back of him in May.

39945[/snapback]

I should have posted something like that instead :D

Well, well, Gemmill opens a thread about Robert, and the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to have a pop at him, despite him being by far Portsmouth's best player so far this season.  :D

For God's sake give it a rest, or I'll start another Bellamy thread.  :lol:

39958[/snapback]

Don't let facts like him being their best player, having scored and created nearly all of their goals get in the way of a bit of pointless Robert bashing Renton!

Well, well, Gemmill opens a thread about Robert, and the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to have a pop at him, despite him being by far Portsmouth's best player so far this season.  :D

For God's sake give it a rest, or I'll start another Bellamy thread.  :lol:

39958[/snapback]

Considering that they sold their one decent player during the summer it's not hard (or meaningful) tbh. More to the point, he's the best player in a team who are rock-bottom - whoopie doo!

Mind you, it's only late September - plenty of time for him to become bored and not give a shit which, lets face it, IS going to happen sooner rather than later.

For God's sake give it a rest, or I'll start another Bellamy thread.  :blink:

39958[/snapback]

Considering that they sold their one decent player during the summer it's not hard (or meaningful) tbh. More to the point, he's the best player in a team who are rock-bottom - whoopie doo!

Mind you, it's only late September - plenty of time for him to become bored and not give a shit which, lets face it, IS going to happen sooner rather than later.

40021[/snapback]

Portsmouth are rock bottom are they? If they beat us on Saturday they will leapfrog us, aren't you tempting fate a bit?

You and Spongey seem to be forgetting that I never said that I put significance in Robert being Pompey's best player - I just think it is pretty ludicrous for Gemmill to imply their lowly league position is down to him alone, that's all.

Robert's merits have been debated to death. However, despite (whatever you might think) an impressive start to the season, people who supported him have let the matter lie. But it seems the "haters" just can't resist having a pop, can they? This despite the fact that technically he is still our player, and may play for us again (admittedly not under Souness) :lol:

He rarely gave 100% when wearing a Newcastle United shirt. A disgrace and an insult to the fans IMO....

They have ever right to have a go at him. If he gave 100% and was simply shite, it'd be a different matter. But we all know (even those who refuse to admit it) that most of the time he simply couldn't be arsed!

Some people will think that it's merely coincidence that the two players who felt they were bigger than the club have moved onto teams who are currently below us in the league. I don't, I think it's poetic justice!

He rarely gave 100% when wearing a Newcastle United shirt. A disgrace and an insult to the fans IMO....

They have ever right to have a go at him. If he gave 100% and was simply shite, it'd be a different matter. But we all know (even those who refuse to admit it) that most of the time he simply couldn't be arsed!

Some people will think that it's merely coincidence that the two players who felt they were bigger than the club have moved onto teams who are currently below us in the league. I don't, I think it's poetic justice!

40062[/snapback]

I also think it's more than "merely coincidence" that Newcastle went from 13th, 11th, 11th, to 4th, 3rd & 5th with those two key, key figures in all 3 campaigns.

40062[/snapback]

I also think it's more than "merely coincidence" that Newcastle went from 13th, 11th, 11th, to 4th, 3rd & 5th with those two key, key figures in all 3 campaigns.

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40062[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

You've said it all before. Hundreds of times. Just let it lie will you. :D

Well, well, Gemmill opens a thread about Robert, and the usual suspects come out of the woodwork to have a pop at him, despite him being by far Portsmouth's best player so far this season. 

For God's sake give it a rest, or I'll start another Bellamy thread.

Don't let facts like him being their best player, having scored and created nearly all of their goals get in the way of a bit of pointless Robert bashing Renton!

Portsmouth are rock bottom are they? If they beat us on Saturday they will leapfrog us, aren't you tempting fate a bit?

You and Spongey seem to be forgetting that I never said that I put significance in Robert being Pompey's best player - I just think it is pretty ludicrous for Gemmill to imply their lowly league position is down to him alone, that's all.

Robert's merits have been debated to death. However, despite (whatever you might think) an impressive start to the season, people who supported him have let the matter lie. But it seems the "haters" just can't resist having a pop, can they? This despite the fact that technically he is still our player, and may play for us again (admittedly not under Souness)

Sport-fishing2.jpg

Piece of piss. :lol::D

40062[/snapback]

40064[/snapback]

no coincidence at all

40066[/snapback]

Lets see where we end up without them then yeah? After all if they're are the difference between success and failure, then by definition both Blackburn and Portsmouth should finish the season above us.... :D