The Official Transfer Thread

Guest Stevie

KEVIN KEEGAN has offered £5million plus Charles N’Zogbia for Celtic’s Aiden McGeady.

Newcastle boss Keegan wants McGeady to start the season at St James’ Park but knows he faces a big task in persuading the Hoops to sell — the winger signed a five-year deal on Saturday.

Republic of Ireland ace McGeady is a product of the Celtic youth system and, at 22, his career is ready for lift-off.

Keegan has so far been careful selecting his transfer targets.

But McGeady is well known to all the top Premier League clubs, after Arsenal first tried to sign him aged just 16.

He made his senior debut for Celtic at 18 and already boasts European experience, excelling in the Champions League — particularly against AC Milan.

McGeady can double his wages away from Celtic Park, with squad members at St James’ picking up around £40,000 a week.

And Celtic boss Gordon Strachan knows he will not be able to stand in McGeady’s way, as he too was tempted to play his football in England.

The Sun

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGeady can double his wages away from Celtic Park, with squad members at St James’ picking up around £40,000 a week.

The Sun

This is the same Sun that every other day is telling us we've got no money and refuse to pay high wages?

:headphonedance:

Though McGeady would be a coup and a half i seriously doubt celtic will let go of one of the most prized assets, and againa although he didnt have a great season for the hoops last year, i can say from the few games i attended at park head he has alot of potential, can go past his man, got a great strike on him and his final ball is alot better than n'zogbia's.

Not sure if id want to use charlie as part of the deal though.....hmmm

Most likely paper trash imo

Though McGeady would be a coup and a half i seriously doubt celtic will let go of one of the most prized assets, and againa although he didnt have a great season for the hoops last year, i can say from the few games i attended at park head he has alot of potential, can go past his man, got a great strike on him and his final ball is alot better than n'zogbia's.

Last season was the most consistent season he has had?

Last season was the most consistent season he has had?

Unlike GL who seems to run cold and colder with most of his football ramblings.

Spurs Odyssey can announce that as has been reported Spurs and Zenit St. Petersburg have agreed a fee for ace Russian striker/creator Andrei Arshavin. It is understood that the player is considering the move at the present time, but still needs to be convinced about coming to Spurs.

It also looks as if the deal to bring Argentinean striker Diego Milito from Real Zaragoza will succeed, with a fee in the region of 12 million Euros being suggested.

That's some budget you've got this summer. Correct policy as well.

Spurs Odyssey can announce that as has been reported Spurs and Zenit St. Petersburg have agreed a fee for ace Russian striker/creator Andrei Arshavin. It is understood that the player is considering the move at the present time, but still needs to be convinced about coming to Spurs.

It also looks as if the deal to bring Argentinean striker Diego Milito from Real Zaragoza will succeed, with a fee in the region of 12 million Euros being suggested.

I think there will be a few outs as soon as the ins are secured.

What's Spurs spending up to now?

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

Gomes - awaiting work permit / personal terms

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

I reckon you'll spend 40-50m which will be offset by Berbs and Keane. You'll need to get in at least one more striker however and still the niggling DM issue. Should have gone for Makoun 2 yrs ago imo.

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

I thought it was a lot more than that, but maybe I'm thinking about last seasons buys too. :headphonedance:

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

I thought it was a lot more than that, but maybe I'm thinking about last seasons buys too. :headphonedance:

Well I know they're still paying off Bent.

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

Don't forget Bostock was 700K.

Also Modric deal is £16.6M and Giovanni is £4.7M.

£22M so far.

If they buy these other two and sell Berba and Keane to pay for it all, I'd worry about where the goals will come from as the new signings take time to settle.

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

If they buy these other two and sell Berba and Keane to pay for it all, I'd worry about where the goals will come from as the new signings take time to settle.

Chimbonda, Tainio, Malbranque, Kaboul, Robbo, all on the way out.

Our kitty is going to be mega. Lets hope the new signings bed in quickly.

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

Modric rises to 20m if they qualify for Europe. ITK-tastic!! :headphonedance:

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

DM?

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

DM?

I KNOW

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

DM?

I KNOW

But does Rajvinder Ramos know?? :headphonedance:

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

Incorrect, the statement to the stock exchange said 4 payments of 4.125m over four year if all criteria met.

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

Modric rises to 20m if they qualify for Europe. ITK-tastic!! ;)

Incorrect, the statement to the stock exchange said 4 payments of 4.125m over four year if all criteria met.

Not that Spurs would have to worry about that criteria anyway. :headphonedance:

Modric - 15.8m initial

GDS - 4.5m initial

£22M so far.

Yes you've convinced me. ;)