buying them in cheap and then selling them on years later for huge fees

Hadrian

We've offered serious millions for Woodgate and Modric, even offering betterw ages than SPurs, AND the people running the club want to instigate actual sensible, long term planning to stop us pissing away millions like we have in the past, what's the problem!

If come the start of next season and Keegan has been given nowt to spend, then i'd have a go at them, as it stands they seem ready to back him with money when required and have provided a structure and team to set us down the path of identifyign young and cheap signings who will hopefully go on to be star players.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We've offered serious millions for Woodgate and Modric, even offering betterw ages than SPurs, AND the people running the club want to instigate actual sensible, long term planning to stop us pissing away millions like we have in the past, what's the problem!

If come the start of next season and Keegan has been given nowt to spend, then i'd have a go at them, as it stands they seem ready to back him with money when required and have provided a structure and team to set us down the path of identifyign young and cheap signings who will hopefully go on to be star players.

What he said.

All the facts point to us being willing to spend and bringing in a sensible policy when it comes to youngsters and cash. The press have been wrong about almost everything concerning this club since last summer, I doubt this is any different.

Woodgate didn't want to be in the North East for personal reasons, not footballing reasons.

He would have loved to come back to Newcastle but needed to be well out the way.

Woodgate didn't want to be in the North East for personal reasons, not footballing reasons.

He would have loved to come back to Newcastle but needed to be well out the way.

Do we know he would have loved to have come back to us though? I know why he had to leave though.

Do we know he would have loved to have come back to us though? I know why he had to leave though.

Freddie said he asked for the number 6 to be kept for him.

Maybe he didn't want to argue with Cacapa over it :D

Freddie said he asked for the number 6 to be kept for him.

Maybe he didn't want to argue with Cacapa over it :D

And he'd turned us down once before after that statement. :D

thats what they are telling us, or have us believe.

So what has the last week been about then ?

This idea of bringing in potential youngsters, how many do you think will make the grade and be top players ? The current trophy winning clubs aren't exactly packed out with their own products are they ? We've also tried the same ourselves, its nothing new.

This idea of bringing in potential youngsters, how many do you think will make the grade and be top players ? The current trophy winning clubs aren't exactly packed out with their own products are they ? We've also tried the same ourselves, its nothing new.

You mean the media frenzy around a meeting that was quite literally about fuck all?

"That's what the club has always done in the past — and it's got them nowhere.

From the Championship to 3rd in the Premier League?

An array of fantastic finishes.

Being the best team in the Premier League at one point

Nearly Winning it

Champions League Football

UEFA Cup football (semi final and quarter)

2 F.A Cup Finals

A ground full of 52K fans

Establishing the football club in the modern era

Housing the some of the greatest players the league has ever seen

Housing the top goal scorer in the league

Yeh not a fucking thing!

:D

interesting, I wonder how many other people that thought the grass would be greener .........

This is the shite I've always sensed was waiting to come out

At least now its confirmed - if true - and we can get on with the job of heading for real mediocrity and being a feeder club for the ambitious clubs again.

I'm clinging to the fact that this is an exaggeration or not totally true on the basis that Keegan hasn't pissed off.

Well I would hate to be part of a feeder club. Football is sometimes devoid of logic, I not sure if there is anything worse the total Premier league deadlock, finishing 10th every season and watching all our players float up to the top four while a billionaire gets richer.

However i think this will not be the case, Keegan and Wise will bring in different types of players and hopefully the parallels will compliment each other and it will be a success.

it would appear - reading into comments - that Keegan doesn't plan to stay past the end of his contract, when he will be 60.

That gives him 3 years, until the time we'll have to replace him again. What happened last time ie unfulfilled promise for someone to mess up ....... Keegan can deliver what we want but if they don't back him, the chance could be lost, again.

ehh , he's implied the exact opposite in recent days , saying he will still be only 60 at the end of these 3 year .

what comments you reading into like ???

The last week has been as usual about the media writing any old shite about NUFC and trying to stir up as much trouble as humanly possible and as usual its worked on alot of people.

The only facts are that Keegan was backed with millions to go for Woodgate and Modric, even the media are agreed with the club that we went for them and he was given the money. Thats basically over £20m for just 2 players, thefore i am fully expecting him to be given this and alot more to buy players in when he finds ones who will agree to sign for us. They turned us down because of where the previous regime left us, ie. lower midtable medocrity, out of europe and totally unattractive to potential star players. Thanks to Fat Fred, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce's efforts Keegan has a hell of a job to talk the better players round to his vision of where he wants us to go.

Alot of youngsters don't make it i agree with that, but Wenger and Arsenal have shown how it can work, their mistake is not augmenting it with proven experienced players. And manu have had years of using their own products to win trophies, its only now that the last of them (Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc.) are comeing towards the end.

Plus comparing us to the top 4 at the moment isn't really that relevant as they have year after year of CL money, exposure and asuccess to attract players we can only dream of. They can go out and buy almost any player in the world they want, they have the cash, the reputation, the success and the CL football on offer the top players want. We don't, so its completely the right way to go to try and search the world for young potential and also a few hidden gems that you can pick up cheap, as well as obviosuly spalshing the cash when required, as they tried to with Woody and Modric.

And also i didnt just say youngsters, i said cheap signings as well, deals like Blackburn managed with McCarthy and Santa Cruz, this is what we can finally hope to do down the line now the new regime has actually put in place proper scouting teams and people who's main/only job is to identify the best talent out there and give the manager this info to go and get the players.

The last week has been as usual about the media writing any old shite about NUFC and trying to stir up as much trouble as humanly possible and as usual its worked on alot of people.

The only facts are that Keegan was backed with millions to go for Woodgate and Modric, even the media are agreed with the club that we went for them and he was given the money. Thats basically over £20m for just 2 players, thefore i am fully expecting him to be given this and alot more to buy players in when he finds ones who will agree to sign for us. They turned us down because of where the previous regime left us, ie. lower midtable medocrity, out of europe and totally unattractive to potential star players. Thanks to Fat Fred, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce's efforts Keegan has a hell of a job to talk the better players round to his vision of where he wants us to go.

Alot of youngsters don't make it i agree with that, but Wenger and Arsenal have shown how it can work, their mistake is not augmenting it with proven experienced players. And manu have had years of using their own products to win trophies, its only now that the last of them (Giggs, Scholes, Neville etc.) are comeing towards the end.

Plus comparing us to the top 4 at the moment isn't really that relevant as they have year after year of CL money, exposure and asuccess to attract players we can only dream of. They can go out and buy almost any player in the world they want, they have the cash, the reputation, the success and the CL football on offer the top players want. We don't, so its completely the right way to go to try and search the world for young potential and also a few hidden gems that you can pick up cheap, as well as obviosuly spalshing the cash when required, as they tried to with Woody and Modric.

And also i didnt just say youngsters, i said cheap signings as well, deals like Blackburn managed with McCarthy and Santa Cruz, this is what we can finally hope to do down the line now the new regime has actually put in place proper scouting teams and people who's main/only job is to identify the best talent out there and give the manager this info to go and get the players.

I understand this, but it just seems to be the current hype phrase and outlook. I'm saying its unrealistic. Its also been tried before. Its also being used by many other clubs who aren't successful. So it guarantees nothing.

I also say that the longer we are out of the top 4 teams, the further we will fall behind.

Like it or not, my take on this is that the ambition - or the footballing awareness - isn't there. Which completely ties in with the thread that wacky has just started. A lot of what has came out of the club in the past 10 months or so has pointed towards this direction.

As I've also said, I'm clinging to the hope that this isn't the case purely because Keegan hasn't pissed off.

I understand this, but it just seems to be the current hype phrase and outlook. I'm saying its unrealistic. Its also been tried before. Its also being used by many other clubs who aren't successful. So it guarantees nothing.

I also say that the longer we are out of the top 4 teams, the further we will fall behind.

Like it or not, my take on this is that the ambition - or the footballing awareness - isn't there. Which completely ties in with the thread that wacky has just started. A lot of what has came out of the club in the past 10 months or so has pointed towards this direction.

As I've also said, I'm clinging to the hope that this isn't the case purely because Keegan hasn't pissed off.

I agree it doesn't guarnetee anything, but we are bigger than all these clubs (ie the blackburns of the world) that do manage this trick of snapping up bargain players and so my belief is we should looking to combine that, plus scouting for young players with the big money investment on proven players we both agree is needed as well!

We'll all know where they're aiming by the time the next season kicks off, for now though i am very happy with the scouting and backroom side of things as this club was a complete joke in that area for most of my time watching the toon and i have some optimism about that. The actual big spending on proven first team players as of yet we don't know how much, but i don't listen to the media as 99% of what they say is bollocks and if they do get something right its probably a flukey guess!

So far they were willing to lash out on Woody and Modric so i am not at this moment in time worried, if come the start of the season we havent backed the manager then i'll be of your opinion that they arent dealing with the short term need as well as the long term.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I think Ashley will back Keegan, because it's obvious the squad isn't good enough and I think he's right to go for youngsters and up and coming stars. If you look at our transfer history in recent seasons Owen, Duff, Butt, Geremi, Smith they are all players who fell out of favour with the big clubs who obviously thought they were no longer good enough for them so why should they be good enough for us?

Previous regimes have signed these players and given them stupid wages which is just crazy. If we want to be a top 5 club we aren't going to get there by signing all their surplus shite players we need to sign emerging stars who are still hungry and are developing into world class players.

I think Ashley will back Keegan, because it's obvious the squad isn't good enough and I think he's right to go for youngsters and up and coming stars. If you look at our transfer history in recent seasons Owen, Duff, Butt, Geremi, Smith they are all players who fell out of favour with the big clubs who obviously thought they were no longer good enough for them so why should they be good enough for us?

Previous regimes have signed these players and given them stupid wages which is just crazy. If we want to be a top 5 club we aren't going to get there by signing all their surplus shite players we need to sign emerging stars who are still hungry and are developing into world class players.

yawn..

do you mean Dyer, Jenas, Ambrose, Viana, Cort, Bellamy, Milner, Martins, Domi, Lua Lua, Pistone, Bernard, O'Brien, Bramble......... were all established stars on stupid money ....... rather than youngsters bought for their potential........

why do people keep spouting this bollocks

Not to mention the ready made Robert, Woodgate, Speed, to name 3, were all shit buys.......

People need to remember that this article is from the same newspaper that carried a two-page interview with Ashley a few months ago. A couple of days later, Ashley said he'd never spoken to anyone from the NOTW.

Guest Patrokles
People need to remember that this article is from the same newspaper that carried a two-page interview with Ashley a few months ago. A couple of days later, Ashley said he'd never spoken to anyone from the NOTW.

That's because he's a big fat liar

This buy 'em young and cheap and flogg em on philosophy did us no good with the likes of Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Cort, N'Zogbia etc, if you want to emulate Arsenal you need a Wenger.

This buy 'em young and cheap and flogg em on philosophy did us no good with the likes of Bramble, Ambrose, Viana, Cort, N'Zogbia etc, if you want to emulate Arsenal you need a Wenger.

Exacertedly. :icon_lol:

I wouldn't exactly say that the likes of Bramble, Viana and Cort were cheap now.

I agree it doesn't guarnetee anything, but we are bigger than all these clubs (ie the blackburns of the world) that do manage this trick of snapping up bargain players and so my belief is we should looking to combine that, plus scouting for young players with the big money investment on proven players we both agree is needed as well!

I don't think anybody can argue with that, but its what we've been doing anyway !!!!!

Keegan with a good coaching staff would be pretty decent at developing players I think, but it would be getting them in the first place that would be the trick and something that would require a fair old bit of infrastructure.

Plus it's not going to pay off for several years at best.

Guest alex

Keegan with a good coaching staff would be pretty decent at developing players I think, but it would be getting them in the first place that would be the trick and something that would require a fair old bit of infrastructure.

You're not wrong.

Exacertedly. :D

You're not wrong.

I agree! :icon_lol:

Exacertedly. :D

You're not wrong.

I agree! :icon_lol:

I find myself in total agreement. OOOo..err Mrs!