He's off again...

TheMoog

Hel disappear into obscurity. Hes another Dean Richards man, one half decent season and his agents hawking him about for as much money as he can get

Half a season?

Would rather tie him up on a new deal than spend daft money on the likes of dunne - he is easily as good as him (though i don't reckon taylor is a superstar or anything) Dunne got raped and humiliated by Torres - no better than what we have got

don't agree, I'd prefer to have Taylor, Dunne and Faye playing for the 2 central defence positions.

With Edgar pushing for a claim too, its a big season for him and his career coming up

Edited by LeazesMag

Dunne got ripped apart by someone who is one of if not the best striker in league. The shame of it all.

Hey- fair enough - i never said he was shite - but if he does sign for us and the same thing happens next season i will say fuck all - it will be ragin on here - christ if that had happened to one of our lot last season he would have been nailed to a stake

ps.never said taylor was better- just similar in quality

Torres has ripped many defenders to shreds and will no doubt continue doing it next season. He is better than what we have and due to his contract situation will come at a price you are unlikley to get someone of that quality for.

• 3 weeks later...
Steven Taylor is set to end growing uncertainty over his Newcastle future by signing a new long-term contract at St James' Park.

Newcastle chiefs risked losing one of their most prized assets after dragging their heels over offering him fresh terms and allowing his current deal to run down.

But, just as the England Under-21 centre-back was bracing himself for an unwanted departure from his hometown club, Newcastle's board have indicated a willingness to negotiate a pay hike that would put him in line with other senior players.

Meanwhile the club's new managing director Derek Llambias has given his backing to Kevin Keegan despite an increasingly strained relationship between the manager and his London-based board.

Llambias succeeds Chris Mort, who officially stepped down as club chairman yesterday after just 12 months in the role, and will head up a new boardroom structure along with executive directors Dennis Wise and David Williamson.

Keegan is becomingly increasingly marginalised in key decisions, but Llambias said: 'I firmly believe we have the right people with the right expertise, with Kevin Keegan back as manager and being fully supported by Mike Ashley and the directors, to take the club forward.'

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/footba...e.html?ITO=1490

:D

Just fuck off, Taylor.

Dunne and Cuellar please.

Cuellar can fuck off. The itv boys always constantly lick the guys arse, if it wern't for carlos this, fantastic block cuellar that!

When ive seen him in those games hes been average if not slightly above and would be a big risk to take for an above average player in a mediocre league.

Taylor deserves a new contract but not a substantial increase on wage or a long contract as he is yet to prove himself.

Long contracts have nothing to do with what a player deserves these days though. You either put them on a long contract or risk losing them for next to nothing.

Taylor is both over and underrated at the same time. He shows potential to end up being a very good defender but he isn't anywhere near there yet and he needs to apply himself and stop believing the hype (and have a bit a bit of stability, he's played under five mangers here in his short career and alongside countless clowns) if he is to fulfill that potential.

But in the mean time if we don't put him on a long term contract we will lose him for nothing/next to nothing and that doesn't make any sense for us when we aren't exactly blessed with an abundance of centrebacks and are being linked with spurs rejects as additions.

I have to admit I dont rate Dunne at all.

And you rate Taylor as well. Enough said really :D

I think he has potential and gets a rough ride on here.

We pick all his mistakes apart but then I could probably do that for Dunne. One straight off the top of my head was letting Lescott get a free header in at Eastlands. Taylor would be slaughtered for that. But we tend to forget that when we only see opposing players 5-10 times a season.

I think he get's an easy ride. There's only so many seasons you can blame Bramble/Boumsong/Rozenhal for dragging the level of his game down. I love his commitment, I love the fact that victorys mean so much to him, but I think this local factor has also helped him escape a lot of the criticism aimed at our back four. So when he's shit, I give him stick, because very few people do..especially certain members of our local press. On the flip side. when he has a cracking game I'll give him praise. To be honest, I'm probably overly-critical of him I'll admit that..but I've become a bit piss sick of people told he's class when he's obviously not.

He's opening his fucking gob to the press again.... Can't help himself, can he?

Steven Taylor has revealed he is close to agreeing a new deal with Newcastle after owner Mike Ashley stepped in to try and secure the defender's future.

The 22-year-old has been in talks with the club for over a year but said he is now close to signing a new contract.

"Everyone knows I love this club and want to commit my future here, but the deal has to be right for me and the club," he said

"I am happy there has been progress and I hope everything is sorted out soon."

Taylor, who was born in Greenwich but grew up in Newcastle, added: "It's all in the hands of my agent, and I can't really say any more."

The England Under-21 international came through the club's youth academy and has established himself as a a key player at the heart of Newcastle's defence.

His existing deal, which is due to expire at the end of next season, means he is currently one of the lowest earners at St James' Park among the first-team squad.

Taylor's agent has been discussing the new terms of a new deal with vice-president Tony Jimenez in recent weeks and a new contract would put him on a financial par with the likes of James Milner and Charles N'Zogbia.

Magpies manager Kevin Keegan is also keen to tie-up a new deal with striker Michael Owen, whose contract also expires next summer.

The 28-year-old's future remains a doubt, however, as Owen is one of Newcastle's highest earners and it is believed Ashley is keen to cut expenditure on wages.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7473872.stm

Then why say anything at all?