Most overated Prem players

Douggy B

If he'd scored a hat trick and been MOTM in the final it would have been notable as it would be one of the only occasions he did turn up in a big game. He did play alright though. Not to his normal standard.

you can say that about any player though. etoo and messi wernt exactly up to their normal standard against man utd and thats because they are playing against a better defence than what they normally do and messi is arguably the best player in the world

Messi always looked dangerous and never went missing. He always wanted the ball too. Contrast that with Ronaldo in the same matches.

i wouldnt have really said he looked that dangerous. i can only really remember him having one decent chance and that went wide. But my point is even if you think messi had a decent game he wasnt up to his usual standards which is because hes playing against a better defence than normal and therefore cant play aswel, which is why i dont think ronaldo should be singled out for saying he isnt world class because he goes missing in big games.

I really haven't seen Messi play in enough big games to comment in all honesty.

well to explain my point i can use henry as my example. Henry in the Premiership was amazing against every team. But when it came to playing teams like man utd or chelsea he wasnt up to he usual standards he was just decent as he is playing against a better defence. However imo there is no doubt that henry is world class and therefore the same should go for ronaldo.

It's a fair criticism of both players imo - i.e. the questionable big game temperament. And both are (or at least were in Henry's case) world class. Some really good players thrive under the big game pressure, some don't. No one is saying he isn't world class though.

well the point was that ronaldo goes missing in big games. Can you name me a attacking player that doesnt go missing in big games that currently plays in the premierleague?

Gerrard performs well normally.

as shown throughout his england career?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope meant more like the 2005 CL final.

against a team of 50 year olds that had tired by half time

They were good enough to be in the final that year.

the best team doesnt always win and you have picked 1 big game out for gerrard. what about in games against chelsea, man utd and arsenal in the league? and imo gerrard stands out alot more than he should because of liverpools team being so bad.

The same team who won it in 2007 who were two years older.

the best team doesnt always win and you have picked 1 big game out for gerrard. what about in games against chelsea, man utd and arsenal in the league? and imo gerrard stands out alot more than he should because of liverpools team being so bad.

As 2J shows that Milan team is a very good team, he does play well in big games if Liverpool are so bad and he's the one that stands out then that surely means he's doing most the work when they play Chelsea etc so when they beat them or draw surely he is playing well.

As 2J shows that Milan team is a very good team, he does play well in big games if Liverpool are so bad and he's the one that stands out then that surely means he's doing most the work when they play Chelsea etc so when they beat them or draw surely he is playing well.

are these the liverpool chelsea games that are normally won by the defence? nearly always 0-0, 1-0 or 1-1

he just goes as missing in big games as Ronaldo does.

I completely agree.

i completely disagree

Do you know what about though?

ronaldo doesnt go missing in big games, he just isnt as good as he is against the teams outside the top 4, but you can say that about more or less every player in the world. Also scoring in the champions league final and being man utds biggest threat at the nou camp isnt exactly bad considering man utds team is full of world class players

What about his bottling of those two penalties?

what about the pens in the arsenal game where he scored the 1st one then had to take it again and scored again? also plenty of world class players have missed pens

In their two biggest games of the season pretty much, in a row. I'd class that as bottling.

Yup.

messi plays better in big games than Ronaldo.

he scored a hat trick against Real Madrid last season, the second game after coming back from a long injury, and when Barca only had 10 men. that is performing at the highest level.

and he was awesome in both games in the CL this season. always looked dangerous.

Robbie Keane and Zlatan Ibramhimavic are both crap and still get paid a lot.

Yeh. Total shite... :icon_lol:

He's fucking having a laugh now isn't he first calling Arteta average and now calling Zlatan crap :P Have you ever seen Ibrahimovic play Torres? 32 goals in 53 games for Inter is a very good return he also contributes loads to the rest of play not overrated at all.

Sure I have.....................every time we knock Juve out of Europe!

He`s one of the highest paid players in football and is really crap value for it..............as park life said.

:P Jockey.

He's fucking having a laugh now isn't he first calling Arteta average and now calling Zlatan crap :P Have you ever seen Ibrahimovic play Torres? 32 goals in 53 games for Inter is a very good return he also contributes loads to the rest of play not overrated at all.

He`s one of the highest paid players in football and is really crap value for it..............as park life said.

:P Jockey.

On top of which, Ibrahimovic plays for Inter, not Juve... :hump:

Yeh. Total shite... :D

He's fucking having a laugh now isn't he first calling Arteta average and now calling Zlatan crap :rip: Have you ever seen Ibrahimovic play Torres? 32 goals in 53 games for Inter is a very good return he also contributes loads to the rest of play not overrated at all.

:lol: Jockey.

On top of which, Ibrahimovic plays for Inter, not Juve... :)

And isn't this thread about prem players?

He's fucking having a laugh now isn't he first calling Arteta average and now calling Zlatan crap :icon_lol: Have you ever seen Ibrahimovic play Torres? 32 goals in 53 games for Inter is a very good return he also contributes loads to the rest of play not overrated at all.

:icon_lol: Jockey.

On top of which, Ibrahimovic plays for Inter, not Juve... :icon_lol:

We knocked him out at both clubs.

Edited by Torres

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...