Transfer activity

Wavey Davey

Much as I'm enjoying Euro 2008 (I got sucked in, I admit it) I find myself being unable to wait for it to be over so some serious transfer activity can take place. The chinese water-torture method of hearsay, rumours and outright lies is starting to get to me.

Chelsea, however, seem to have gone back to their old ways of 'buy it if it breathes' policy so I might be off the mark in thinking all is too calm. I realise that a lot of the Chelsea speculation is maybe media-hype owing to Scolari's appointment, but this is a familiar chelsea approach.

Anybody else feel like this?

I would certainly like to see us sign some genuine. exciting "here and now" talent. Not just teenagers who might be good one day.

I appreciate Ashley is getting the club "into shape", but fuck me it's not very exciting! :)

With Emre,Rozy out the door and talk of Ameobi and Milner following them it will be interesting to see who we get. I dont think there is any chance of big names coming in and must admit I`m not confident we will be attracting the type of players who will enable us to push the top 6

Spurs are stating their intentions, Redknapp will pull some transfers out of his arse. Any players that the top four want we wont get a sniff off. Hughes will have money to spend at City so where does that leave us. I reckon we need at least 8 or 9 players if the above is true

I thought Owen and Oba`s new contracts would have been sorted out by now

I would certainly like to see us sign some genuine. exciting "here and now" talent. Not just teenagers who might be good one day.

I appreciate Ashley is getting the club "into shape", but fuck me it's not very exciting! :)

I agree, and although there is a lot of deadwood at the club that needs pruning, and running costs needing to be cut, I am starting to wonder exactly what Ashley's agenda and the club is, with season ticket prices going up and talk of players wages being reduced and the only strong links with players are youth players, it seems Ashley wants things done on the cheap.

Well there hasn't really been a lot of movement in the transfer market overall so I'm not getting too worried yet. I know we've been mostly been linked with recruiting young players but given Keegan's and Mort's past comments I think we can expect to see around 3 first teamers come in over the summer and the bid for Modric shows that we do have the cash to spend should Keegan want it.

With Emre,Rozy out the door and talk of Ameobi and Milner following them it will be interesting to see who we get. I dont think there is any chance of big names coming in and must admit I`m not confident we will be attracting the type of players who will enable us to push the top 6

Spurs are stating their intentions, Redknapp will pull some transfers out of his arse. Any players that the top four want we wont get a sniff off. Hughes will have money to spend at City so where does that leave us. I reckon we need at least 8 or 9 players if the above is true

IF Zoggy and Given are added to that, then Keegan must have cut the best part of 200K out of the wage bill without losing any of his first team.

Good work.

Not fussed about making any big name signings. It's what I've slated Shepherd for in the past.

IF Zoggy and Given are added to that, then Keegan must have cut the best part of 200K out of the wage bill without losing any of his first team.

Good work.

Not fussed about making any big name signings. It's what I've slated Shepherd for in the past.

I'm bothered about the squad not being improved, and although that doesn't automatically mean big names, the first team does need shoring up.

I'd love to know wtf Wise and Jiminez are doing right now, there's a few players at the Euro's I would have and we need to be up players agents arseholes right now to stand a chance, therefore more rumours would be abound as to who we might be getting but that's just not happening.

Personally I'd be going for the following:

1. Arshavin

2. Van Der Vaart

3. Villa

4. Sneijder

5. Sionko

6. The big black guy who played the holding midfield role for the Dutch hte other night, Engelaar I think?

I'd love to know wtf Wise and Jiminez are doing right now, there's a few players at the Euro's I would have and we need to be up players agents arseholes right now to stand a chance, therefore more rumours would be abound as to who we might be getting but that's just not happening.

1. Arshavin

2. Van Der Vaart

3. Villa

4. Sneijder

5. Sionko

6. The big black guy who played the holding midfield role for the Dutch hte other night, Engelaar I think?

I think you're in dreamland there.

1. Arshavin

2. Van Der Vaart

3. Villa

4. Sneijder

5. Sionko

I doubt that Sionko would make it in the PL. He hasn't excately set the world alight in the Danish Premiership. His good and all, but not the worldbeater he should be in the Danish Premiership.

Seems like Ashley is going to have to sort out the mess FFS left behind before you start doing more money on wages.

It'll do the club good in the long term, but it'll probably screw us in the short term. Keegan cobbled together a pretty ok 11 man team last season, but just 1-2 injures to key players and we'd be screwed (never mind that some of that team might be gone already).

Nobody seems to be buying anoyne to be fair. Once the group stages of the Euros are over and squads start disbanding we might see a bit of movement. The stories about us unloading a few players would indicate that we might have a few coming in..at least we beter have.

Seems like Ashley is going to have to sort out the mess FFS left behind before you start doing more money on wages.

It'll do the club good in the long term, but it'll probably screw us in the short term. Keegan cobbled together a pretty ok 11 man team last season, but just 1-2 injures to key players and we'd be screwed (never mind that some of that team might be gone already).

I agree here. I think what MA is doing is good for the club going forward, but the short term effect of this might leave us a tad frustrated :)