Oasis

Happy Face

Amazed they don't already have a thread, but anyway, we've had Radiohead and Coldplay, now the last of Englands three favourite bands get to release their latest racket....

Oasis have revealed that their long-awaited new album will be called Dig Out Your Soul.

The album, out on 6 October, is the band's first music offering since Don't Believe the Truth in 2005.

The band's seventh studio album will be preceded by their comeback single, The Shock Of The Lightning, due to be released on 29 September.

Speaking about the album, Noel Gallagher said: "I wanted to write music that had a groove."

The Oasis guitarist added: "I wanted a sound that was more hypnotic; more driving. Songs that would draw you in, in a different way. Songs that you would maybe have to connect to - to feel."

Of their new single Gallagher said: "If 'The Shock Of The Lightning' sounds instant and compelling to you, it's because it was written dead fast. And recorded dead fast."

Dig Out Your Soul was recorded in London's Abbey Road studios with producer Dave Sardy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7472993.stm

When are the Brits?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone actually care.

Millions of people.

In 2008, Don't Believe the Truth (their last album) was voted the 14th best British album of the last 50 years by a poll conducted by Q Magazine and HMV.

I still like the 1st album. Got it more or less when it came out on the back of all the hype (actually got wor lass to get me it for my birthday). When was that? '93? I've not been interested in them for a long while though. They don't even annoy me any more.

Doomed to forever be the sound of sunny days in '94 and '95.

Could be worse, could have been Country House.

Aye. I suppose ultimately Blur won the battle, Oasis won the war, then Blur enjoyed a successful period of demilitarisation, peace and prosperity while Oasis remained entrenched. Or something.

All of their albums have some decent stuff imo - though I agree with Meenzer that they are very much associated with a certain time.

Off stage I have a lot of time for Noel but obviously think Liam is a wanker - him losing his teeth to what were later described as IT geeks was great.

Doomed to forever be the sound of sunny days in '94 and '95.

Could be worse, could have been Country House.

Aye. I suppose ultimately Blur won the battle, Oasis won the war, then Blur enjoyed a successful period of demilitarisation, peace and prosperity while Oasis remained entrenched. Or something.

:lol: Probably prefer Blur like. Although Country House is gash.

does anyone actually care.

Millions of people.

In 2008, Don't Believe the Truth (their last album) was voted the 14th best British album of the last 50 years by a poll conducted by Q Magazine and HMV.

:lol: