Owen OUT!

Geordiesned

Michael Owen was set to play through the pain for United at Portsmouth today.

Story continues

The striker limped out of training yesterday with a dead leg, in another injury blow for Toon boss Graeme Souness.

But after intensive ice treatment overnight, the former Real Madrid man was ready to face Pompey in today's Fratton Park showdown, and line up alongside Alan Shearer in attack

--

this what it says

can someone please confirm fast, i have him on my fantasy football team as capitan

Newcastle United plans for tomorrow's trip to Fratton Park to take on Portsmouth have been disrupted after Scott Parker and Titus Bramble were hit by injuries in training yesterday.

Both were named in the squad to travel south, but significantly Souness placed Martin Brittain and Michael Chopra on standby in case there was any reaction after today's training session.

Souness is already without Emre and Nobby Solano, who were left behind on the treatment table when the United squad flew out of Newcastle airport for the South coast this afternoon.

Kieron Dyer is expected to be on the plane, but with his recent injury record Souness will not be able to give a sigh of relief until he sees his midfielder running out at Fratton Park tomorrow.

Unbelievable. What a complete joke. I'm absolutely pissed off, why does this always happen to us?!

41566[/snapback]

it happens to everyone mate. But other clubs spend and sell money more wisely

and get bigger squads for their cash ie they don't make it known to everyone they are desperate to sell, desperate to buy ....

And they get bigger and better managed squads for far less then we have got

WTF does Souness do in training?

Does he hit them or something?

41568[/snapback]

probably

41569[/snapback]

Souness confirmed reports the pair clashed after Yorke attempted to tackle his manager during a six-a-side match.

Souness, renowned as a tough-tackling midfielder in his playing days, responded with a crunching tackle on Yorke, for whom he paid Manchester United £:2 million in 2002.

The two men had a stand-up row during which Souness accused the Trinidad striker of being "a playboy".

"These things happen on training grounds every week in football and you move on," said Souness.

WTF does Souness do in training?

Does he hit them or something?

41568[/snapback]

probably

41569[/snapback]

Souness confirmed reports the pair clashed after Yorke attempted to tackle his manager during a six-a-side match.

Souness, renowned as a tough-tackling midfielder in his playing days, responded with a crunching tackle on Yorke, for whom he paid Manchester United £:2 million in 2002.

The two men had a stand-up row during which Souness accused the Trinidad striker of being "a playboy".

"These things happen on training grounds every week in football and you move on," said Souness.

41571[/snapback]

ah...Souness' version of the tackle where he tried to break his own players leg in training.

Once again, another disguised lie.

More hypocrisy from the man who also said of Yorke's reaction when he subbed him, "I like players who don't want to be subbed, that is the sort of player I want in my team"

Ahem ...............

Edited by LeazesMag

I'll say it before anyone else.

Relegation is looming again..........

© Kneejerk Reactions

Edited by Sima

According to Radio Newcastle it's a dead leg and he'll probably still play for England.

According to Radio 5 it's a hamstring.

According to Talksport it's a calf strain.

Somebody is lying. I reckon it's just a knock.