What is the crappiest city you've visited in England?

Torres

Stoke is fucking awful.

I quite like Birmingham, but then I was a stoodent there so I suppose I'd have to.

Manchester has always been shit when I've been there, but I'm reliably assured that it's actually a really nice place and I just attract the local nutters.

homophobe.

shut up.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoke is fucking awful.

I quite like Birmingham, but then I was a stoodent there so I suppose I'd have to.

Manchester has always been shit when I've been there, but I'm reliably assured that it's actually a really nice place and I just attract the local nutters.

homophobe.

shut up.

:blush:B)

Stoke is fucking awful.

homophobe.

shut up.

no really, shut the fuck up.

Guest Stevie

Birmingham is a shithole I've not been since Shaka saved Dwight Yorke's pen in 1997, but by all accounts its improved since then. The thing with Birmingham, its a shithole and the people are boring cunts. Their voices man, fuckin hell and they all walk round with their head down. Second city my arse, no one cares about Birmingham its just there, you know what it is people stereo type places and peoples, scousers are all thieves who wallow in self pity as it goes, we are all pissheeds who say whey aye every sentence, but brummies are all boring cunts, and of those three examples that stereotype is definitely the most warranted.

Honourable mention to Portsmouth, fuckin who are they? Some cunt rings a bell and all of a sudden with their 20000 gates theyre a big club, and they have amazing fans despite in the last 7 years registering a gate of 2,208 for a first team game. Shithole place, biggest cunts in the south.

Edited by Stevie

how many of the big cities are "nice" places then? none of them can be as they will all have grotty areas. it's a subjective thing really. I reckon most towns/cities in this country will seem dull unless you have an emotional attatchment to it of some sort.

no really, shut the fuck up.

:blush:

Stoke is fucking awful.

24 fucking posts before someone mentions it.

Easily tops the poll, followed by Hull a shit shit shithole.

Stoke is a truly horrible place.

Guest Stevie
Carlisle. If it was UK I'd probably say Glasgow.

Id say both them places are fuckin bang on, if you took all the Old Firm bigots out of Glasgow it would be a great toon.

Id say both them places are fuckin bang on, if you took all the Old Firm bigots out of Glasgow it would be a great toon.

Same number of gang-related crimes as London with a sixth of the population, Nice.

Got to go there at the end of the month, not looking forward to it.

Torres, when was the last time you were in Leeds by the way? Also, what are you looking at when you evaluate the city? Just curious.

The standard of living one would have there.

So, education, health, public transport, employment, cultural & public amenities, criminality, architecture, pollution, weather, surroundings etc ...

There were 3 Swiss cities in the top 10 worldwide this year.

http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

Same number of gang-related crimes as London with a sixth of the population, Nice.

Got to go there at the end of the month, not looking forward to it.

I'm going there tomorrow, thankfully I will only be there for about 3 hours.

Odd, the standard of living in Leeds is pretty good if you ask me. Couple of very good schools in the city centre and in some of the satellite towns, I've been very imprerssed with the medical facilities in Leeds, the LGI has a top rate emergency room ( B) ), there's an NHS walk-in centre on one of the main roads and there's a student medical practise which is modern and well staffed. Lacks a bit on the culutre stakes I'll give you that, only really the gallery and the Museum, although the armouries are .. ok. Never really seen much bother in Leeds itself, I know that there are one or two dodgy parts of the town, but I'd say they were within tolerance levels for a city of that size. Architecture is actually quite nice, not Newcastle calibre, but certainly better than Manchester and the like imo. Much of the centre is pedestrianised so pollution's not a factor. Not much you can do about Weather the surroundings to be fair.

Just curious why you've got a bad impression of Leeds. It's not the best city in Britain by a long shot, but I'd say it wasn't close to being the worst.

Dublin in that list that Torres linked to is at 25, fook me B)

That`s what I thought too ... must be a mistake. Public transport is wank, health is horrid, food is gash, criminality is rife, corruption is rampant and you can't find a waste bin to save your life. Good boozing and floozies though!

Odd, the standard of living in Leeds is pretty good if you ask me. Couple of very good schools in the city centre and in some of the satellite towns, I've been very imprerssed with the medical facilities in Leeds, the LGI has a top rate emergency room ( B) ), there's an NHS walk-in centre on one of the main roads and there's a student medical practise which is modern and well staffed. Lacks a bit on the culutre stakes I'll give you that, only really the gallery and the Museum, although the armouries are .. ok. Never really seen much bother in Leeds itself, I know that there are one or two dodgy parts of the town, but I'd say they were within tolerance levels for a city of that size. Architecture is actually quite nice, not Newcastle calibre, but certainly better than Manchester and the like imo. Much of the centre is pedestrianised so pollution's not a factor. Not much you can do about Weather the surroundings to be fair.

Just curious why you've got a bad impression of Leeds. It's not the best city in Britain by a long shot, but I'd say it wasn't close to being the worst.

I must be honest in saying that it's a while since I was there and didn't see as much as I would have liked.

oh definitely got some rough as bugger locals, but more and more it's trading on it's student-ness, it's also reported to be one the countries centres for finance and for law. The centre itself has gone through some genuine redevelopment. I'd seriously recommend it as a place to live and as Tom says, it's a very very good night out.