Newcastle and Hearts on top table after G14 break-up

Tom

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has Robbie Keane gone to Liverpool yet ?

Appearently we're going upmarket and preparing a 25million bid for David Villa. Now that would be great if it came off.

Well yeah, he's light years better than Keane. He's also not going to move to Liverpool. Too fond of his stereo system though. :D

Well yeah, he's light years better than Keane. He's also not going to move to Liverpool. Too fond of his stereo system though. :D

That's what they all said about Torres. :o

The way I remember it, people thought it was pretty likely that Torres would join you lot.

Either way, the only Villa coming to Anfield in the league this season is Aston.

Villa is fast or strong enough for the premiership. He wont be half as good as torres

To be fair, he is fast albeit a bit light. He scores some good goals and is good from setpieces. I'd love to sign him but realistically we'll probably end up with Keane.

Appearently we're going upmarket and preparing a 25million bid for David Villa. Now that would be great if it came off.

Your lot are so broke you want 20mil for Crouch and tried to barter some nobodies to us for Milner and Finnan and some others for Barry, but you've got 25mil to bid for David Villa?

18mil out for Barry - 10mil in for Crouch...you're still down 8mil. Where's this money going to come from?

Guest Stevie

Your lot are so broke you want 20mil for Crouch and tried to barter some nobodies to us for Milner and Finnan and some others for Barry, but you've got 25mil to bid for David Villa?

18mil out for Barry - 10mil in for Crouch...you're still down 8mil. Where's this money going to come from?

20m for Crouch, you sure?

How do you know all that is true?

I doubt we were even seriously in for Milner at all, Pennant is better imo. Insua being one of the possible youngsters offered shows how wrong the speculation was, he's a great little player and far too good to let go.

With sales and the 20 million budget given by the owners Rafa could have around 50 million to spend. I don't think he'll go for Villa but it's not an impossibility.

Benitez on Crouch: Also, a few people in the press were talking about £7million – so then I talked about £15million because I wanted to protect the club.

I doubt we were even seriously in for Milner at all, Pennant is better imo. Insua being one of the possible youngsters offered shows how wrong the speculation was, he's a great little player and far too good to let go.

With sales and the 20 million budget given by the owners Rafa could have around 50 million to spend. I don't think he'll go for Villa but it's not an impossibility.

Benitez on Crouch: Also, a few people in the press were talking about £7million – so then I talked about £15million because I wanted to protect the club.

This will be Benny's last season at Anfield.

If the press have anything to do with it, it will.

Agreed 100% here. He might not last till Christmas. They've got their knives out for him already, imo.

For me, the Milner link is just too pervasive to be completely made-up. I doubt he was first choice for Liverpool but I don't doubt for a moment they've enquired.

While you're visiting, what do you really think of Barry? I'm more than a little sceptical, don't think he's nearly worth 18mil and I don't think having one decent season and some England action justifies the kind of silly money that Villa want for him.

Agreed 100% here. He might not last till Christmas. They've got their knives out for him already, imo.

For me, the Milner link is just too pervasive to be completely made-up. I doubt he was first choice for Liverpool but I don't doubt for a moment they've enquired.

While you're visiting, what do you really think of Barry? I'm more than a little sceptical, don't think he's nearly worth 18mil and I don't think having one decent season and some England action justifies the kind of silly money that Villa want for him.

You're right, Barry has only had one good season and is nowhere near worth the fee MON appears to be sticking too. I think Liverpool should walk away now that he's bought Sidwell, see how quickly the price comes down then.

Alonso is a better player altogether, even though he has been off form for a while, and I don't understand why we are selling him and replacing him with Barry.

:D