Firefox

LeazesMag

Firefox here also. I hate IE with a passion. The new FF has some good functions as well. such as for example if I just type "toontastic" in the address bar it brings me right here. None of this "www .net malarky.

Firefox here also. I hate IE with a passion. The new FF has some good functions as well. such as for example if I just type "toontastic" in the address bar it brings me right here. None of this "www .net malarky.

do you need to re-configure your email address if you switch to it ? I use google through OE by the way, I did this because my original freeserve one gets loads of spam

do you need to re-configure your email address if you switch to it ?

Do what? :jesuswept:

who uses it and what are the pro's and cons ?

Compared to Internet Explorer?

Pro's? It's much more secure (especially if you run it with noscript and adblocker plus add-ons), loads of features (even more with add-ons), it's got a nice icon ( :jesuswept: ).

Con's? No really, there's a very, very few webpages that don't like it (but it's very few), but even those can be run with an IE emulation add-on.

well, as my google email address is configured to use OE, will it need to be re-configured again

well, as my google email address is configured to use OE, will it need to be re-configured again

What's OE got to do with Firefox ??

i think leazes has got his wires crossed.

what youve got to remember leazes is that firefox is a browser and nothing more.

IE is more than just a browser - its embedded in the OS at kernel level if i remember rightly. in other words, its a fundamental part of the OS.

You can keep using OE as you do now if you wish. FF only replaces IE, nothing to do with OE (bloody hell, listen to me man :jesuswept: )

Don't you use it to receive and send emails ?

You can use Thunderbird to replace Outlook Express if you want, but it's separate from Firefox.

I've just started giving Safari a go. It's super-quick but obviously it doesn't have all the add-ons that Firefox has.

It is super-quick, yes. Quite a few websites don't load properly though, at least on my Mac at work.

OE - Outlook Express is a stand alone Email/news client. Nothing to do with IE - Internet Explorer

IE - Internet Explorer is for browsing t'internet

Googlemail is an online email service that you can access through any web browser by going to www.gmail.com. You can also set this up with mail forwarding so that it forwards your mail to your mail client (like OE).

Firefox will replace IE. So, you will be able to access your mail online or if you do email forwarding then it wont effect that as thats between googles mail server and your email client (OE).

Anyone else had problems with Firefox 3 running the YouTube site?

Apart from that little issue, I use it every single time :headphonedance: