SKY SPORTS POLL

Douggy B

4th I reckon. What would have frustrated me last year if I were a Liverpool is that the league was there for the taking but they were never in the hunt. They only started stringing a decent league run together when they were already all but out of the running. I fancy them to do well in Europe again though as they are so hard to beat in the cl.

Everton could have had them last season, just the sheer amount of cash they are throwing around tends to save them, but probably 4th.

You 'could have' had us last season ... but guess what ... you didn't. :D

No we couldn't. I think you need to find that Reality place you were on about. :jesuswept:

You 'could have' ... the same as Neverton 'could have' ... but didn't.

Reality wouldn't suit you.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th I reckon. What would have frustrated me last year if I were a Liverpool is that the league was there for the taking but they were never in the hunt. They only started stringing a decent league run together when they were already all but out of the running. I fancy them to do well in Europe again though as they are so hard to beat in the cl.

Everton could have had them last season, just the sheer amount of cash they are throwing around tends to save them, but probably 4th.

No we couldn't. I think you need to find that Reality place you were on about. :jesuswept:

I don't think you've even visited Reality, never mind welcomed people to it, if you think we were in the same boat as Everton last season. :D

Where do you think we'll come this season then? Champions League winners?

Edited by Fop

I don't think you've even visited Reality, never mind welcomed people to it, if you think we were in the same boat as Everton last season. :D

Where do you think we'll come this season then? Champions League winners?

Is English your second language?

I think you'll finish around 10th. You won't win the CL.

You wish. :jesuswept:

I don't, whilst Rafa holds on to 4th, it gives us a stationary point to aim for. :icon_lol:

You don't really count.

Exactly my point. :D

Sure ... whatever you say. :D

You wish. :jesuswept:

I don't, whilst Rafa holds on to 4th, it gives us a stationary point to aim for. :D

You don't really count.

Exactly my point. :D

Sure ... whatever you say. :icon_lol:

Sorry, but you walked right into that. :D

Is English your second language?

I think you'll finish around 10th. You won't win the CL.

So you think Liverpool around 11th then? :D

:jesuswept:

Torres sweetie Liverpool will struggle for top 4 this year.

Games against Villa, Pompey, Everton and now Man City are getting harder with every passing season. I'll be honest we're a season behind those four now. I'd say all four of those and possibly Spurs (depending on who leaves) will push hard for top 4 this year.

Games against Villa, Pompey, Everton and now Man City are getting harder with every passing season. I'll be honest we're a season behind those four now. I'd say all four of those and possibly Spurs (depending on who leaves) will push hard for top 4 this year.

Liverpool won't struggle at all. Everton, Villa and Spurs will be no harder than they are any other year. Same crap, different year.

Liverpool won't struggle at all. Everton, Villa and Spurs will be no harder than they are any other year. Same crap, different year.

Different :jesuswept: ? :D

Edited by Fop

Brilliant, Torres. Absolutely brilliant.

:jesuswept:

As for the question, Chelsea. They probably should have had it last year in all truth. A good start this time round and they're laughing.

Depends on Ronaldo, still at Man U and another season like the last one, and they'll be hard to beat.

Let's wait and see :jesuswept:

Rafa's well into the running of it by now and is unlikely to repeat past errors being the schrewd man that he is. If we hadn't drawn so many at the start of last season we'd have been in the running. Torres and Keane & Co will ensure that that won't happen this year.

What past errors would those be? Buying players who aren't good enough? Because he seems ready to spunk big money on Robbie Keane and Gareth Barry. I like those two, especially the former, but I don't think they're going to win you the league by being added to the squad.

He's also still adding third rate players like Voronin and this year Degen to his squad...

Such players are necessary in any squad.

No they aren't. If you want to fill up your squad with players those should at least in some form be good enough to maintain the standard. Otherwise you should rather use youngsters. The fact that Liverpool in fact even gave Voronin some playing time was very much part of why they are so far behind the other top teams.

Dortmund fans are "laughing their arse off" (as their former manager Doll would say) how someone could be stupid enough to sign Degen who was an absolute liability to their team.

Rafa's well into the running of it by now and is unlikely to repeat past errors being the schrewd man that he is. If we hadn't drawn so many at the start of last season we'd have been in the running. Torres and Keane & Co will ensure that that won't happen this year.

What past errors would those be? Buying players who aren't good enough? Because he seems ready to spunk big money on Robbie Keane and Gareth Barry. I like those two, especially the former, but I don't think they're going to win you the league by being added to the squad.

He's also still adding third rate players like Voronin and this year Degen to his squad...

No they aren't. If you want to fill up your squad with players those should at least in some form be good enough to maintain the standard. Otherwise you should rather use youngsters. The fact that Liverpool in fact even gave Voronin some playing time was very much part of why they are so far behind the other top teams.

Dortmund fans are "laughing their arse off" (as their former manager Doll would say) how someone could be stupid enough to sign Degen who was an absolute liability to their team.

That's why all top clubs have them then? You can only buy what you can afford. We got Degen and Veronin for free to bulk up our squad, not to star in it. Funny how all the mismanaged clubs critisize us ... yet wonder why they lack dept!?!

Degen is the one laughing his arse off ... leaving that muppet show to join one of Europe's greatest clubs.

That's why all top clubs have them then? You can only buy what you can afford. We got Degen and Veronin for free to bulk up our squad, not to star in it. Funny how all the mismanaged clubs critisize us ... yet wonder why they lack dept!?!

Degen is the one laughing his arse off ... leaving that muppet show to join one of Europe's greatest clubs.

Liverpool's benchmark shouldn't be other 'mismanaged clubs' but Manchester and Chelsea who have a far better depth in quality. As I said as long as Liverpool actually field those players in the Premierleague they don't have to complain about not getting the right amount of results to compete for the title.

You're right about Degen being the happy one though. The job he got should have been totally out of his reach.

Interesting looking at those old league tables:

Liverpool:

07/08 - 11 points from top

06/07 - 21 points from top

05/06 - 9 points from top

04/05 - 37 points from top

03/04 - 30 points from top

02/03 - 19 points from top

01/02 - 7 points from top

00/01 - 11 points from top

Tottingham:

07/08 - 30 points from 4th

06/07 - 8 points from 4th

05/06 - 2 points from 4th

04/05 - 9 points from 4th

03/04 - 15 points from 4th

02/03 - 17 points from 4th

01/02 - 21 points from 4th

00/01 - 20 points from 3th

I think its safe to say Liverpool wont win the league and Tottingham wont get in the champions league.

Liverpool's benchmark shouldn't be other 'mismanaged clubs' but Manchester and Chelsea who have a far better depth in quality. As I said as long as Liverpool actually field those players in the Premierleague they don't have to complain about not getting the right amount of results to compete for the title.

You're right about Degen being the happy one though. The job he got should have been totally out of his reach.

Manchester and Chelsea have better dept simply because they have endless funds. Simple really. So if you can't match them financially one simply has to put together the best you can with limited funds, which is what we've done/are doing. There are far worse players than Degen playing in first 11s in the PL. He will only be a squad player at Liverpool. Arbeloa/Carra and perhaps Finnan are ahead of him.

Benitez is on his way man, you still think he's some kind of Liverpool legend but he's been just another makeweight who has given you years of - dare I say it? - top 4 mediocrity. Now, I don't want to give you the idea that I'm saying top 4 is somehow bad, because we'd jump at the chance, but given Liverpool's history and relative state as compares to other clubs, they should be doing more than settling for 4th.

Keegan has mounted more serious title challenges than Benitez. I don't think he has it in him and I don't think he'll see out the year. Poor selection, bringing in weak players, a general reliance on one or two key players rather than a squad such as Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal have, all weaknesses that keep him and you from challenging for the title.

Benitez is on his way man, you still think he's some kind of Liverpool legend but he's been just another makeweight who has given you years of - dare I say it? - top 4 mediocrity. Now, I don't want to give you the idea that I'm saying top 4 is somehow bad, because we'd jump at the chance, but given Liverpool's history and relative state as compares to other clubs, they should be doing more than settling for 4th.

Keegan has mounted more serious title challenges than Benitez. I don't think he has it in him and I don't think he'll see out the year. Poor selection, bringing in weak players, a general reliance on one or two key players rather than a squad such as Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal have, all weaknesses that keep him and you from challenging for the title.

Back to Spain. :jesuswept: