Newcastle United 2-2 PSV

Ketsbaia

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith has been tipped to replace Andy Johnson, who is on the verge of joining Fulham, but Keegan claims that the determined forward didn't play because he was injured.

"I don't think so," replied Keegan to a question about Smith being on his way to Everton.

"With Alan, he's got a sore ankle and I haven't risked anybody in this [friendly match against PSV].

"I knew when I left him out that it would probably cause people to ask some questions on it, but he's got a sore ankle and I can't treat him any different to anyone else."

Smith has been tipped to replace Andy Johnson, who is on the verge of joining Fulham, but Keegan claims that the determined forward didn't play because he was injured.

"I don't think so," replied Keegan to a question about Smith being on his way to Everton.

"With Alan, he's got a sore ankle and I haven't risked anybody in this [friendly match against PSV].

"I knew when I left him out that it would probably cause people to ask some questions on it, but he's got a sore ankle and I can't treat him any different to anyone else."

Must've fallen down the stairs. He certainly didn't do it 'playing' football.

I thought we played quite well last night. We were obviously still missing any strikers yet we still managed to create a fair few chances with Duff and Geremi (in particular) missing very good chances.

Guttierez looks quite an exciting player and Gutherie is looking much better than I expected (although he does seem to fade out of games at the moment). Duff is looking better than he ever has for us but I'm still not convinced. Beye looked like he was lacking a little sharpness but hopefully he will have that bu the opening day.

Add strikers, Faye, Colloccini, Barton and N'Zogbia and we aren't looking in too bad shape.

We still badly need someone to link midfield and attack and could really do with another striker as we all know Viduka and Owen will most likely miss canny chunks of the season.

Taylor MOTM...

He had a canny game. Some good challenges. Still think Keegan should clamp down on his forays into the oppostion half in open play. He's still pelting forward when we're in posession and ambling back when we lose it.

Happy Face's official Taylor is a brown nosing weasely little shit last man off the pitch count total is now: 5

BFITW

Low turnout for sure.

But then, we've finished in the bottom half 2 years running and it's just a friendly, we'll still be around 50K for the first home game proper against Bolton.

The last time Spurs finished in the bottom half 2 years running they only got 28,000 for their opening Premier League fixture the following season.

BFITW?

BFITW

Low turnout for sure.

But then, we've finished in the bottom half 2 years running and it's just a friendly, we'll still be around 50K for the first home game proper against Bolton.

The last time Spurs finished in the bottom half 2 years running they only got 28,000 for their opening Premier League fixture the following season.

BFITW?

Guest Stevie

BFITW

Low turnout for sure.

BFITW?

Tottenham fans are shite always have been always will be, I think most clubs acknowledge the fact they are, them competing with us in terms of support, is like Peter Ramage competing with Beckham for female admirers.

BFITW

Low turnout for sure.

BFITW?

Tottenham fans are shite always have been always will be, I think most clubs acknowledge the fact they are, them competing with us in terms of support, is like Peter Ramage competing with Beckham for female admirers.

:D

Taylor MOTM...

dont tell 2J :D

Sponsors MOM OMG!!

I'm also glad you appeared to ignore the entire Mallorca match thread after his atrocious defending for their goal.

We were impressed by Amrabat (number 11).

Not the fastest but excellent ability on the ball. Only 21 too.

Checking Wiki, he's just signed for PSV though and they reckon he has injury issues.

Who was their beast of a defender? He must have ben seven foot if he was an inch.

Edited by Happy Face

We were impressed by Amrabat (number 11).

Not the fastest but excellent ability on the ball. Only 21 too.

Checking Wiki, he's just signed for PSV though and they reckon he has injury issues.

Who was their beast of a defender? He must have ben seven foot if he was an inch.

Amrabat was tracked by Arsenal before they signed Nasri.

Taylor MOTM...

dont tell 2J :D

Sponsors MOM OMG!!

I'm also glad you appeared to ignore the entire Mallorca match thread after his atrocious defending for their goal.

Didnt see it, I was at work. I never claimed he was Bobby Moore. Just better than the rest of the CBs at the club. Which he proved again tonight.