"United" fan trying to defend all the glory supporters they get

smoggeordie

I think there has to be a distinction between glory supporters and (to borrow stevies phrase) out of towners. I don't think anyone has a problem with a lad from Phuket supporting Newcastle for his entire life, it's the nobheads who support whomever is successful at the time and have no problem switching allegiance.

If a six yr old supported Blackburn because they won the title, but has stuck with them ever since, fair dos if you ask me... it's when someone supports Arsenal through the invincibles era, only to turn to Chelsea later. Thems the ones to be shot with shit.

What a load of dribbling shite!

Really, what have I said that's wrong? B)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of our out of towners have seen enough shit lately to command some respect

Unless of course they're from the south side of the Tyne, right?

Well that would only leave Jock toon fans other than geordies...

You've got to take your hats off to some of our OOT's who despite the long distances involved, they spend a lot of money following the club...the likes of Scottish Mag, Parky etc..

Has Parky ever been to Newcastle?

He's geordie. I always thought he pissed black and white.

I don't know his entire history.

I just know he's got a history of formulating opinions on things he's never seen in his life.

It started with films and recently extended to Mackem football reporters.

B)

I think there has to be a distinction between glory supporters and (to borrow stevies phrase) out of towners. I don't think anyone has a problem with a lad from Phuket supporting Newcastle for his entire life, it's the nobheads who support whomever is successful at the time and have no problem switching allegiance.

If a six yr old supported Blackburn because they won the title, but has stuck with them ever since, fair dos if you ask me... it's when someone supports Arsenal through the invincibles era, only to turn to Chelsea later. Thems the ones to be shot with shit.

You didn't say it in a Geordie accent and there weren't enough mistakes.

Firstly he supports his local club Man Utd, no issue with that. The rest of his post what a fuckin load of bollocks. He basically goes on about barren periods in 1968 to 1993 that out of town supporters were attracted to the club. This barren period, included...4 FA Cups, 1 League Cup, a European Cup Winners Cup, numerous charity shields, 14 trips to Wembley and 10 top four finishes. Poor cunts eh????

At the end of the day people have so little in their lives they feel the need to be attached to a succesful entity. That's what I call a wank fan. I'd rather we won fuck all in my life than support anyone other than the club of my birth, my local team. There's no doubt broadly speaking Manchester United were a broadly speaking were a succesful club in their barren years, they were easy to support, the best supported team, the Munich history, the biggest spending club, the most famous name, so these cunts can't start on about barren years. Barren years is fucking watching successive home defeats to Charlton and Notts County, with a home humbling to Bristol Rovers just round the corner.

When we were good 94-98, everywhere you'd go you'd see kids in toon shirts, Scotland, London, Bristol, Wales etc... but one of the good things about being shit, is we got rid of a lot of these, and we're left with loyal out of towners. In not all cases but most they were probably attracted by the image of NUFC at the time, sleak, sexy, attractive, exhilirating, and that's what pisses me off. I've been there with my mates, some of whom have walked away from the corporate game since, in front of 10,004 v Oxford, 13,000 v Charlton 14,000 v Cambridge, with not an out of towner is sight. That's what pisses me off about the internet where the toon is concerned, when geeky non-entities from places like Leeds, Lincoln, Hertfordshire, Southampton and Birmingham, can tell me I'm banned from posting on my home clubs websites. It's something that you wouldn't have been able to make up back in 1991.

So glory hunters are cunts, but a lot of our out of towners have seen enough shit lately to command some respect, the bad thing is if we're ever good again, they'll be branded glory hunters too, while other people from their areas jump on our bandwagon again.

Oh and fuck Man Utd.

B)

Guest Stevie
I'm an out of towner and I couldn't give a fuck.

My family have been going to matches pre-war.

You're no more of an out of towner than Bobby Robson. We're on about people who don't have batter on their chips out of towners here.

You're no more of an out of towner than Bobby Robson. We're on about people who don't have batter on their chips out of towners here.

Ah fair play B)

That's a fine distinction actually. B)

You didn't say it in a Geordie accent and there weren't enough mistakes.

You mean there were any? :icon_lol:

a lot of our out of towners have seen enough shit lately to command some respect

Unless of course they're from the south side of the Tyne, right?

Well that would only leave Jock toon fans other than geordies...

You've got to take your hats off to some of our OOT's who despite the long distances involved, they spend a lot of money following the club...the likes of Scottish Mag, Parky etc..

Has Parky ever been to Newcastle?

Parky laughs at Stevie's patter so he gets a get out of jail free card.

Soz bud i wasment to quote the article lol :icon_lol:

A lad I went to school with had a season ticket that he got out of the 'lucky dip' policy Man U used to employ in the 90s.

He used to get one of the coaches that came from all corners of the country carrying fans to Manchester every match day, from Scotland, Wales, London, Newcastle etc.

You couldnt make it up!!!

It's shocking man when I lived in Fenham there was a bloke in my street that was a member of the 'Gateshead reds' what a fucking loser he was too, used to moan about their minivan getting bricked was always bragging to my dad and his mates about how brilliant 'United' were compared to us. Went into hiding when we battered them 5-0 like B) .

I don't mind people choosing to support one of the alleged big four, it's just I find their views either arrogant or patronising. I also find them quite boring. I think al ot of them try to overcompensate for the lack of going to games/being from Manchester by watching lots and lots of football and preaching to you. You know who you are, and you're usually the first to ring 606/You're on Sky Sports/Talksport and talk utter utter shit.

Guest Stevie
I don't mind people choosing to support one of the alleged big four, it's just I find their views either arrogant or patronising. I also find them quite boring. I think al ot of them try to overcompensate for the lack of going to games/being from Manchester by watching lots and lots of football and preaching to you. You know who you are, and you're usually the first to ring 606/You're on Sky Sports/Talksport and talk utter utter shit.

I ring Talksport and usually call Adrian Durham an idiot in nice terms on an annual basis. B)

I remember going down to Liverpool last season on the bus and we had some right radgie little tosspots on our coach. We stopped at services and there were more coaches carrying Liverpool fans to the home game than there were our lot. I listened to one knacker with a very posh home counties accent going on about how he hoped Owen would get a shoeing and decided I wouldn't swap one of our radgies on the coach for any of those fuckers.

I remember going down to Liverpool last season on the bus and we had some right radgie little tosspots on our coach. We stopped at services and there were more coaches carrying Liverpool fans to the home game than there were our lot. I listened to one knacker with a very posh home counties accent going on about how he hoped Owen would get a shoeing and decided I wouldn't swap one of our radgies on the coach for any of those fuckers.

Spot on.

And I remember staying Windsor way before the Charity Shield against Man Utd and on the way there the amount of coaches passing us from the South-West etc. was unbelievable.

I was the product of a mixed marriage between my Mam (Geordie) and Dad (Mackem). My Dad went AWOL before I was old enough to show an interest in football so my Grandad on my mothers side brought me up the right way, taking me to games and such. It just so happens my birth/interest coincided with our catapulting up the leagues.

I know i'm probably committing some cardinal sin Stevie's eyes and risk his wrath by posting this sort of information here B)

Edited by Ketsbaia

I ring Talksport and usually call Adrian Durham an idiot in nice terms on an annual basis. B)

I meant the likes of;

'John from Cornwall on the line. Who do you support John?'

'United'

Guest Stevie

Not at all Ketsbaia, part of you has reasonable genes.

SLP and Alex I totally agree. I did Cardiff via London, and got the clipper there, jumped the train back to Paddington. On our clipper no word of a lie 15 toon fans, about 15 cockney reds and 8 Malaysian Reds, all with 10 ROONEY on their backs, I thought to mesel you might as well have WOONEY on cos that's how yiz say it. All the way there along the M4, Man Utd coaches BASINGSTOKE REDS, ALDERSHOT MUSC, what a joke.

The train on the way back was probably 40/60 in their favour, most toon fans heading to London, yet when it stopped at Reading it half emptied of Man Utd going all over the south of England.

I went to university with a Man Utd fan called Dom. He was 'outed' by a fellow fan at the same university who went to his school called Chris (canny lad btw). Turns out this Dom from Stockport never even liked football until he was about 16, being into rugby and other sports. His new-found interest in the team and the sport coinciding with Man Utd winning their first league title in 30 years (or whatever it was). Canny funny as this Dom was ok but a right arrogant and opinionated cock on the subject of Man Utd and football in general. I thought it was a bit funny when he gave me a blank look when I was talking about the 1990 World Cup which was only about 3 years previous to that. Due to the timing of my going to university there were loads of clueless cocks who'd been into football for about 5 minutes who, more often than not, were Man Utd and Liverpool fans. I find them harder to understand than just about any other football fan to be honest. Far more so than your Chinese Chelsea fan or whatever.

Got to admit I've got a shite memory, especially for dates and stuff like that. So when people are questioning my commitment to Newcastle and ask me who played right back in 87 I've got no fucking idea, or even who won the World Cup in 97.

Don't think this makes me less of a fan, it's my disability :icon_lol:B)

Got to admit I've got a shite memory, especially for dates and stuff like that. So when people are questioning my commitment to Newcastle and ask me who played right back in 87 I've got no fucking idea, or even who won the World Cup in 97.

Don't think this makes me less of a fan, it's my disability :icon_lol:B)

Relax, no one won the world cup in '97.