Football Manager 2009

The Fish

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they start showing up every year. Around June the 20th for British (when your assistant manager tells you you've got a new crop of kids from your academy) teams then for Spain and Italy it's into July. I think in South America it's November-December time.

Got the demo, I haven't experienced any problems, and I really like the 3D matchday. Watching Jonas slide through two defenders never gets old for me :aye:

Xisco is rated quite highly in this version, as is this one lad I'd never heard of called Ignacio Gonzalez. Wonder who he plays for ;)

Anyone starting a season on something of a budget look for Abou Trika...he has an unbelievably low release clause at Al Ahly and is a class attacking midfielder.

Thats gotta be pre-patch surely? I never get anyone but Chelsea sniffing round Owen in the January window, even then he's only worth 4 million and they refuse to meet that cos his contract is running out. Geremi shifts to Boror fo £5 million on mine so thats not far off. Best I've ever got for Beye was £5 million and got £7.5 million for Enrique.

Thats gotta be pre-patch surely? I never get anyone but Chelsea sniffing round Owen in the January window, even then he's only worth 4 million and they refuse to meet that cos his contract is running out. Geremi shifts to Boror fo £5 million on mine so thats not far off. Best I've ever got for Beye was £5 million and got £7.5 million for Enrique.

tested it out with the patch myself today, flogged him to spurs for 30 mil geremi for 7.5 beye for 12 etc

Tried it too with a new game. Got the Smith and Beye prices but Owens was only £29.5 million and most of that was over 24 months. Rejected it and never got another sniff. No one fancied Enrique on anything other than loan to buy at just under his value, ditto N'Zogbia.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Just going over the nufc data, making a fair few changes... I did a pretty shit job of it in the summer.

Any reconsiderations then stick them in here.

• 1 month later...

Any 'must sign players' in this?

I got taken over by a Spanish billionaire with £90mill to spend, but all I've really gone for are Cardozo, Arshavin and Altidore. None of which have been great.