Zico wants the toon job

Guest Stevie

ZICO EYES NEWCASTLE JOB

E-mail Article Print-Friendly Subscribe to RSS Feed

Post to del.icio.us Facebook

By James Pearson

Brazil legend Zico has revealed he would be interested in succeeding Kevin Keegan as Newcastle United manager.

The Magpies are currently on the look out for a new man to take charge of first-team affairs following Keegan's shock resignation last week.

A number of big names have been linked with the St James' Park hot-seat and now former Japan and Fenerbahce boss Zico has joined that list.

One of the alleged reasons behind Keegan's departure was the club's use of a director of football but Zico, who made 88 appearances for Brazil, has no qualms with the North East side's internal structure.

"The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour," he told the Daily Mail.

"I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England.

"I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

He can want as far as I'm concerned. This is a manager who lost a league title in a country where his club has ten times more resources than any other club. Now I've seen them play nice stuff Fenerbahce, but defensively they struck me as shite, and when they came here they crossed the half way line twice.

He can want as far as I'm concerned. This is a manager who lost a league title in a country where his club has ten times more resources than any other club. Now I've seen them play nice stuff Fenerbahce, but defensively they struck me as shite, and when they came here they crossed the half way line twice.

Didn't he win the league in 07?

I work with a Fener fan so will get his opinion tomorrow.

Didn't he win the league in 07?

I work with a Fener fan so will get his opinion tomorrow.

If you worked in a country where you had a wage budget 4 times higher than everyone else, £30m to spend every season and everyone else has £3m to spend, where your clubs averaged gate is approaching 50,000, and the next best is just under 20,000, you could win the league. In fact under the above conditions it's criminal to lose aLast updated May 4, 2008 [32][33]

Pos Team P W D L F A GD Pts Qualification or Relegation

1 Galatasaray © 34 24 7 3 64 23 41 79 UEFA Champions League Third Qualification Round

2 Fenerbahçe 34 22 7 5 72 37 35 73 UEFA Champions League Second Qualification Round

3 Beşiktaş J.K. 34 23 4 7 58 32 26 73 UEFA Cup Second Qualifying Round

4 Sivasspor 34 23 4 7 57 29 28 73 UEFA Intertoto Cup Second Round

5 Kayserispor 34 15 10 9 50 31 19 55 UEFA Cup First Round

6 Trabzonspor 34 14 7 13 44 39 5 49

7 Denizlispor 34 13 6 15 48 48 0 45

8 Gaziantepspor 34 11 10 13 36 45 -9 43

9 Ankaragücü 34 11 10 13 36 44 -8 43

10 Ankaraspor 34 10 11 13 35 38 -3 41

11 Gençlerbirliği OFTAŞ 34 10 10 14 30 36 -6 40

12 İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor 34 10 8 16 44 47 -3 38

13 Bursaspor 34 9 11 14 31 40 -9 38

14 Konyaspor 34 10 6 18 37 64 -27 36

15 Gençlerbirliği S.K. 34 9 8 17 44 51 -7 35

16 Vestel Manisaspor ® 34 7 8 19 42 62 -20 29 Relegated To Bank Asya 1. League

17 Çaykur Rizespor ® 34 7 8 19 32 64 -32 29

18 Kasımpaşa S.K. ® 34 8 5 21 26 56 -30 29

Worst coach the Japanese national team has had in the last twenty years, why would we want it?

This sticks out in my mind. He had a decent squad to work with, even better than Phillipe Troussier's Japan team, but he stuffed it up. He basically picked the best 11 and tried to fit them in, somehow, in anyway he could. There were no excuses either because the man had lived in Japan for years and should have known their system back to front. They lacked cohesion and were just shit.

Fenerbache did have a decent run in the Champs league last season though, and they were quite entertaining to tell the truth.

He is an unknown quantity, unproven, but is there anyone else???

Lad at work confirms what Stevie said - would have to be seriously shit not to win the league in Turkey given their financial dominance - did once but failed last year - champions league was good however and made him liked.

ZICO EYES NEWCASTLE JOB

By James Pearson

Brazil legend Zico has revealed he would be interested in succeeding Kevin Keegan as Newcastle United manager.

The Magpies are currently on the look out for a new man to take charge of first-team affairs following Keegan's shock resignation last week.

A number of big names have been linked with the St James' Park hot-seat and now former Japan and Fenerbahce boss Zico has joined that list.

One of the alleged reasons behind Keegan's departure was the club's use of a director of football but Zico, who made 88 appearances for Brazil, has no qualms with the North East side's internal structure.

"The Newcastle job is one that I would be very interested in taking. It would be a privilege and an honour," he told the Daily Mail.

"I've always wanted to experience the Premier League as I believe I could enjoy much success coaching in England.

"I am used to working alongside technical directors so this isn't an issue for me. It's normal for me to work in those conditions."

so long as he accepts other people choosing his players to buy and sell he'll be good enough for fat cunt and his cahoots

ZICO EYES NEWCASTLE JOB

By James Pearson

so long as he accepts other people choosing his players to buy and sell he'll be good enough for fat cunt and his cahoots

Good name for a band that. ;)

ZICO EYES NEWCASTLE JOB

By James Pearson

Good name for a band that. ;)

The pikey dwarf and his side kicks