Ashley: get me out of Toon

Jimbo

Fuming Newcastle United fans in mass protest

MIKE ASHLEY has instructed his advisers to get him out of Toon – and fast.

Newcastle United’s owner, a hate figure on Tyneside since the departure of manager Kevin Keegan, is looking to unload the club in an autumn sale for £260million.

A senior club insider said: "Mike is finished with the club. He has no long- term interest and wants it sold."

Ashley and director of football Dennis Wise missed yesterday’s shock 2-1 home defeat against Hull City.

And the news that Ashley will sell-out will delight the mutinous Geordie fans.

After yesterday’s set-back thousands chanted for Ashley to quit outside St James’ Park.

They were dispersed by mounted police an hour after the final whistle.

The news that Ashley met Keegan on Friday night in London made some fans believe a peace deal could be struck and that their football Messiah might return.

It would have been a major coup for Ashley if Keegan had returned.

But the talks broke down as Ashley stood by Wise and his current management structure. The lawyers for the club and Keegan will be left to discuss his demands for compensation.

Sources close to Ashley claim there are four parties vying for control.

And the news that Ashley will sell-out will delight the mutinous Geordie fans.

Should change the club crest to the skull & crossbones.

Or stick a hat and an eye patch on the magpie at the least

A nice reminder of the Westwood/McKeag era, which is what we seem to be slipping into under Ashley.

I wonder who the 'four parties vying for control' are?

It could mean four buyers.

But with us it could equally mean, Wise + Cockney wide boy 1, 2, & 3 with over turned desks and peashooters.

:thumbup:

So lets ge tthis straight..

He pays £134million for the club, paid what £80 - £100million off the debts, is desperate to get out but still wants a £20million profit?

fat twat.

There is no documentation anywhere that he has paid off the debts.

I wonder who the 'four parties vying for control' are?

It could mean four buyers.

But with us it could equally mean, Wise + Cockney wide boy 1, 2, & 3 with over turned desks and peashooters.

:thumbup:

He'll be gone by the end of Jan.

I'm still very cautious about this like. He could sell to ANYONE. He's not arsed what the buyers plans are for the club. While you might say anything has to be better than this, I think thats far far from the truth.

I'm still very cautious about this like. He could sell to ANYONE. He's not arsed what the buyers plans are for the club. While you might say anything has to be better than this, I think thats far far from the truth.

The only "good" thing is that anyone with the cash to buy us is likely to have the cash to sort us out.

Although frankly Ashley could have done it himself, and mostly with the way he was/is supposedly planing to do, if he'd just put in place better middle-management and not so royally honked off Keegan in the process.

If Mort could have stayed and we'd had a DoF that was working with Keegan (rather than seemingly directly against him), we might well be looking forward to a decent season without actually having spent much more than we did. :thumbup:

The only "good" thing is that anyone with the cash to buy us is likely to have the cash to sort us out.

Although frankly Ashley could have done it himself, and mostly with the way he was/is supposedly planing to do, if he'd just put in place better middle-management and not so royally honked off Keegan in the process.

If Mort could have stayed and we'd had a DoF that was working with Keegan (rather than seemingly directly against him), we might well be looking forward to a decent season without actually having spent much more than we did. :thumbup:

QFBTMFT.

What he said...