Shola

Snake

The worry is that at the end of this season we could be left with just Martins & Xisco as are strikers. Shola, Viduka, Owen will all be out of contract and Smith is a waste of time to begin with.

If they all go we are going to have to do a lot of work replacing them.

Why hasn't Shola always put this much heart into his performances? He's a leech on the clubs back and if he wins a new contract off the back of these games, I for one will be seething.

I don't think he's lacked heart, the difference is he's playing without an injury, he's playing with a partner who dovetails well and he's playing under a manager who a) believes in him and :D wants him keep it simple.

The worry is that at the end of this season we could be left with just Martins & Xisco as are strikers. Shola, Viduka, Owen will all be out of contract and Smith is a waste of time to begin with.

If they all go we are going to have to do a lot of work replacing them.

not a bad couple strikers to be left with though...but yeah its not enough. I'm not holding my breath for owen to sign an new deal and think we will prob end up offering shola a new deal... :D

Why hasn't Shola always put this much heart into his performances? He's a leech on the clubs back and if he wins a new contract off the back of these games, I for one will be seething.

You won't be the only one. :D

I think both he and Smith should go at season's end, irrespective of how well Shola plays for the remainder of the season or how chirpy a lad Smith is in the dressing room.

Aye you are right. Not like Owen and Viduka keep them they've been great. Shola (as said) has played with an injury (owen n Viduka just need to fart to be out a month) He costs a fraction and he has had loads of arseholes who boo him or get on his back at the drop of a hat. He's not that good but he's better value for money than the ward 14 twins. Is Owen not a leech (do you want to wait until Jan. to answer that)

Aye you are right. Not like Owen and Viduka keep them they've been great. Shola (as said) has played with an injury (owen n Viduka just need to fart to be out a month) He costs a fraction and he has had loads of arseholes who boo him or get on his back at the drop of a hat. He's not that good but he's better value for money than the ward 14 twins. Is Owen not a leech (do you want to wait until Jan. to answer that)

Owen gets goals...end of.

I don't class Viduka as a Newcastle player.

How many injuries has Shola had in the last two or three years? Not defending the injury records of the other two but at least they have the advantage on not being shit. Fuck me, 2 or 3 half-decent games and you rather hang onto Shola than Owen? Laughable imo. So fuck if he's 'better value'. It's not a fucking Tesco's. We could re-sign Chopra and he'd be 'better value' than the lot of them if he stayed fit. He'd still be gash though. And so is Shola.

To reinforce my point - Shola's last two seasons:

2007-08

Shola 0 goals from 4 games (+ 4 as sub)

2006-07

Shola 5 goals from 11 games (+ 5 as sub).

That's a smeeeagain, isn't it? :D

How many injuries has Shola had in the last two or three years? Not defending the injury records of the other two but at least they have the advantage on not being shit. Fuck me, 2 or 3 half-decent games and you rather hang onto Shola than Owen? Laughable imo. So fuck if he's 'better value'. It's not a fucking Tesco's. We could re-sign Chopra and he'd be 'better value' than the lot of them if he stayed fit. He'd still be gash though. And so is Shola.

If you photoshopped Shola's face onto a tin of Tesco's own brand baked beans he'd still air-kick at least one chance per game.

Its not what I want its what Owen wants do you think (in your opinion) he wants to be here? Me I would get rid of Viduka asap, I would give Shola a new contract and I would wait to see what Owen wants from us for his incredible service. I'm not saying Shola is good but he is the best we have had recently (poor reflection on the club and the others fitness records)

Shola is shit but he does not pick himself.

In his time here Owen has picked up 2 serious freak injuries he could do fuck all about and cost him many months of playing time. But do people actually look at his record once he was finally over all of that, the run he had in the team in the latter part of last season and all of this season till he picked up the minor injury he's now over, he's barely missed a game at all.

Add the fact he scores pretty much 1 in 2 for us no matter how shite we've been at times and that he's far and away the best striker we are ever likely to see here as there won't be any more Shearer's willing to sing for us these days and i'd do anything to get him to stay here. But ever since he's been here ive never worried about him leaving, and to be honest if the club gets sorted off the field in one way or another and makes him a good contract offer i think he'll still stay on. If we're still in complete chaos maybe he will leave but he'd be right to!

As for Shola i've been impressed by and large with his efforts since Kinnear took over and he's definitely offered something, even if ultimately he's not good enough. But depending on who does stay and go and what the clubs situation becomes we may well have to look at giving him some sort of contract extension as we don't have a big squad and mightn't be able to afford to replace him!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Its not what I want its what Owen wants do you think (in your opinion) he wants to be here? Me I would get rid of Viduka asap, I would give Shola a new contract and I would wait to see what Owen wants from us for his incredible service. I'm not saying Shola is good but he is the best we have had recently (poor reflection on the club and the others fitness records)

Viduka is out of contract anyway in the summer. So is Shola. So is Owen. If I had to pick one of those to stay it wouldn't be Shola. Obviously Owen might want away. I wouldn't blame him either.

Viduka is out of contract anyway in the summer. So is Shola. So is Owen. If I had to pick one of those to stay it wouldn't be Shola. Obviously Owen might want away. I wouldn't blame him either.

Why would you not blame Owen?

Why would you not blame Owen?

Because the club is an utter shambles and the current owners don't seem like making the required investment to make us a top 6 side.

I think Owen is a fantastic player and i would hate for him to go which is why its so frustrating that he hasn't signed a new deal. I hope we get rid of Smith and if Viduka can sort him self out i think we should give him another year. As someone said in this thread the back end of last season martins viduka owen tore defences apart and its a great trio to have.

I am shocked. Absolutely fucking shocked that you would want this to happen.