Fulham 2-1 Newcastle United

Nobby

And still we have the little rays of sunshine on here complaining about taylor, HE WASNT FUCKING PLAYING...I think he is grosly mistreated by many on here. No he is not world class, but he is decent, and had he of been playing last night, that would NOT of happened imo.

Aye he would probably have halfed Johnson in two conceding a penalty before Colo had a chance to get near him.... :(

Yawn

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't hard to blame Colocinni at all. It was his fault. He's still a good player. Big problem today was we didn't have a 'centre-half', we had two sweepers. Taylor was a miss. And I don't even rate Taylor.

Taylor is average. But if he was there Coloccini would not have had to react to Cacapa going to ground.

Apart from that being speculative to say the least, Cacapa was fouled and he didn't 'go to ground'.

Without speculation this would be one empty forum. My point was that Taylor would not have been so easily dismissed. I didn't say Cacapa wasn't fouled. I'm disappointed with his performance in that situation and his overall performance in the game, particularly as most of the rest of the team had pretty decent games. We obviously have better players than Fulham, so not getting anything in this match hurts given our position on the table.

Kinnear is going to cop a fine for his comments.

My point was Cacapa didn't go to ground for the penalty. His overall performance wasn't great by any means but the penalty was in no way, shape or form his fault so I don't know what you're on about there regarding that situation.

How can you say that cacapa wasnt partly responsible for the penalty?

Was he fouled? Some say yes some say no...come on, one one hand we complain because the refs are taking the physical side out of the game and on the other at times when it suits us its too physical...Bullshit, cacapa wasnt fouled, he was turned inside out, he turned the wrong way and was too fucking slow to recover.

His useless positional ability had us in trouble all night and yes it was coloccini's foul for the penalty, but he would of had to do that had cacapa not fucked up.

And still we have the little rays of sunshine on here complaining about taylor, HE WASNT FUCKING PLAYING...I think he is grosly mistreated by many on here. No he is not world class, but he is decent, and had he of been playing last night, that would NOT of happened imo.

Of course he was fouled :(

Thats the best you can do? Come on mate your better than that! ;)

That was NOT a foul, he's just shit

What else do you want me to say? How is a push in the back not a foul?

A push?? Watch it again mate and tell me cacapa wasnt flat footed and as lightweight as a feather in the wind pal

It isn't hard to blame Colocinni at all. It was his fault. He's still a good player. Big problem today was we didn't have a 'centre-half', we had two sweepers. Taylor was a miss. And I don't even rate Taylor.

Taylor is average. But if he was there Coloccini would not have had to react to Cacapa going to ground.

Apart from that being speculative to say the least, Cacapa was fouled and he didn't 'go to ground'.

Without speculation this would be one empty forum. My point was that Taylor would not have been so easily dismissed. I didn't say Cacapa wasn't fouled. I'm disappointed with his performance in that situation and his overall performance in the game, particularly as most of the rest of the team had pretty decent games. We obviously have better players than Fulham, so not getting anything in this match hurts given our position on the table.

Kinnear is going to cop a fine for his comments.

My point was Cacapa didn't go to ground for the penalty. His overall performance wasn't great by any means but the penalty was in no way, shape or form his fault so I don't know what you're on about there regarding that situation.

How can you say that cacapa wasnt partly responsible for the penalty?

Was he fouled? Some say yes some say no...come on, one one hand we complain because the refs are taking the physical side out of the game and on the other at times when it suits us its too physical...Bullshit, cacapa wasnt fouled, he was turned inside out, he turned the wrong way and was too fucking slow to recover.

His useless positional ability had us in trouble all night and yes it was coloccini's foul for the penalty, but he would of had to do that had cacapa not fucked up.

Of course he was fouled :(

Thats the best you can do? Come on mate your better than that! ;)

That was NOT a foul, he's just shit

What else do you want me to say? How is a push in the back not a foul?

A push?? Watch it again mate and tell me cacapa wasnt flat footed and as lightweight as a feather in the wind pal

I've seen the replay, it looked like a push to me.

Alex my marra...

Your defence of a defender who cant defend is undefendable ;)

And you have a go at me for a nothing argument :( To be honest, I've only seen the replay once (during the actual game) as I didn't really fancy reliving that on MoTD 2. I honestly thought it was a foul but at the same time I said he was probably brushed off the ball too easily as well. If I saw the replay a few more times I'd be willing to admit it if I thought I was wrong. I'm not defending Cacapa's performance, I just thought blaming him for the pen was unfair.

Cacapa had the perfect opportunity today to show why Steven Taylor isn't deserving of automatic selection when fit. Unfortunately he blew it apart and for my mind, shouldn't be considered for selection again.

Quite why we sold Faye in the summer and not him is completely beyond me (and Keegan I don't doubt).

As for the penalty well it was all the way - none of this 'Cacapa was nudged off the ball', he's a centre half FFS, he should be braying the likes of featherweights like Andy Johnson.

Michael Owen managed to ensure that he'll remain out of Fabio's squad in the immediate future too.

Shame about the match today like because, like last Monday, I think we were all over them after we'd scored and the game was there for the taking. Still reckon we were the better side in the second half but FFS, when are we going to have a match where we play in the first 30 mins? They should have been about 3 or 4 up at half time for sure!

So Cacapa makes a mistake and he shouldn't be allowed near the team ever again yet Taylor can fuck up week after week and I suppose its ok for him to be back in the squad next week?

Scapegoat-tastic

The majority of the team were fucking woeful.

No... you're missing my point entirely.

Steven Taylor is gash IMO, yet for some reason, if he's fit, seems to get in the squad week in, week out without fail. Yesterday provided an ideal opportunity, for someone (Cacapa in this event) to offer cast-iron evidence as to why Taylor should be over-looked. He failed to prove it IMO.

Aside from that, my reasons for not selecting him again go beyond the 90 mins yesterday. Whenever he's played I don't think our back 4 have ever had an ounce of confidence. Sadly don't rate him despite having high hopes when he came from Lyon.

Well up until the infamous Pompey game where the media labelled him the new Bramble/Boumsong alot of people rated him. This thread in particular..

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...5&hl=cacapa

Aye he had a howler that game and who knows if he we carrying a knock or not as had been said afterwards but I believe that he got back into the squad against Fulham and picked up the Man of the Match. He then went on to not see much 1st team football under Keegan as Taylor and Faye were first choice centre backs and then this season again with Colo and Taylor.

Don't get me wrong I am not fighting his corner to be a 1st team starter week in, week out I just fully believe that he has not made half the howlers he supposedly has, and has become yet again another centre back scapegoat for us...

Cacapa had the perfect opportunity today to show why Steven Taylor isn't deserving of automatic selection when fit. Unfortunately he blew it apart and for my mind, shouldn't be considered for selection again.

Quite why we sold Faye in the summer and not him is completely beyond me (and Keegan I don't doubt).

As for the penalty well it was all the way - none of this 'Cacapa was nudged off the ball', he's a centre half FFS, he should be braying the likes of featherweights like Andy Johnson.

Michael Owen managed to ensure that he'll remain out of Fabio's squad in the immediate future too.

Shame about the match today like because, like last Monday, I think we were all over them after we'd scored and the game was there for the taking. Still reckon we were the better side in the second half but FFS, when are we going to have a match where we play in the first 30 mins? They should have been about 3 or 4 up at half time for sure!

So Cacapa makes a mistake and he shouldn't be allowed near the team ever again yet Taylor can fuck up week after week and I suppose its ok for him to be back in the squad next week?

Scapegoat-tastic

The majority of the team were fucking woeful.

No... you're missing my point entirely.

Steven Taylor is gash IMO, yet for some reason, if he's fit, seems to get in the squad week in, week out without fail. Yesterday provided an ideal opportunity, for someone (Cacapa in this event) to offer cast-iron evidence as to why Taylor should be over-looked. He failed to prove it IMO.

Aside from that, my reasons for not selecting him again go beyond the 90 mins yesterday. Whenever he's played I don't think our back 4 have ever had an ounce of confidence. Sadly don't rate him despite having high hopes when he came from Lyon.

Well up until the infamous Pompey game where the media labelled him the new Bramble/Boumsong alot of people rated him. This thread in particular..

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...5&hl=cacapa

Aye he had a howler that game and who knows if he we carrying a knock or not as had been said afterwards but I believe that he got back into the squad against Fulham and picked up the Man of the Match. He then went on to not see much 1st team football under Keegan as Taylor and Faye were first choice centre backs and then this season again with Colo and Taylor.

Don't get me wrong I am not fighting his corner to be a 1st team starter week in, week out I just fully believe that he has not made half the howlers he supposedly has, and has become yet again another centre back scapegoat for us...

Fair do's...

How times change, eh? He never set the world alight for me but reading back on those comments (Sima's in particular!) it's amazing how people's perception has changed.

With regards to Taylor though, I thought you knew me better than that Ritchie. :( The way he gets in the team every fucking week drives me mad. He's no better than Kevin Scott ever was.

Faye was sold because he fell out with Keegan according to the .com lads.

They had a bust up at half time in the Everton game and he was left out of all of our pre season fixtures.

:(

Pissed off with this, a game we could have won if it weren't for individual errors....again. How many pens we gave away now?

5 in 12 games, shocking.

Even more annoying, apart from Beye's they were all justified and down to the clumsyness and/or stupidity of our players...

Pissed off with this, a game we could have won if it weren't for individual errors....again. How many pens we gave away now?

5 in 12 games, shocking.

True. Coloccini didn't even need to make it yday as someone else was round on the cover and Given probably could've smothered the ball if needed. They should've been told especially not to leave legs dangling in the area against Johnson

It was a foul on Cacapa leading up to the goal. You could guarantee given a role reversal that AJ would have been flat on his face after that.

100% correct!

Nobody is claiming Cacapa is particularly strong, even those who might rate him in any way, but surely most people here have played football, it doesnt matter if you're strong or not, a 2 handed push in your back unbalances you, thats the point in doing it! And if Johnson had got even half that contact from Cacapa he'd have been flat on the ground waving his arms for a foul as he does so well.

It was a shocking game and what annoyed me the most was the way we didn't get going til the second half :/

For me Enrique was far worse than Cacapa..although Cacapa wasn't great either. I hope we don't keep seeing this kind of performance or we wont get out of the bottom half at all.

Enrique's match was summed up by the five yard pass to Jonas that was about 2 yards off target ;)

What pissed me off was the fact Jonas was actually in Enrique's position doing his job for most of first half.

I know Enrique is still learning but that performance was piss poor

Jonas(my hero) was off form too. He hit a similar pass to Enrique that was 5 yards away, under no pressure and was intercepted. Bad day at the office all 'round.

He did more in the game though than Enrique. It was wrong to bring him off, if anyone was going to do something it would of been him