Identify your local neighbourhood facist

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Interesting that. I'd think more tbh, and the majority have not been fortunate enough to leave the shores of England and explore the world. Some here would arguably consider London foreign. Sorry state of affairs really.

Fop makes a half-decent point here though. Prejudice connotations occur all over the world. In Japan a non-Japanese is called a gaijin which means foreigner. Nothing like chink or nip though as our very cultured and sophisticated man on this forum Stevie uses quite often, but it does occur. However I think Fop is just trying to make himself look informative and intelligent, and it is a poor attempt to balance out the failings of poor Stevie. :D

All I've got to say about the BNP though is that it is a non-entity. It will never reach out to the mainstream. It only attracts the uneducated and the desperate. Case closed.

If you think gaijin is really directly comparable or the only example, then I may have to explain to you that the Isle of Wight is not "foreign" either. :)

In fact the hard thing do is find a place where vicious prejudice (and the language to go with it) doesn't occur - Antarctica is probably your best bet outside of whaling season. :angry:

Closed minded people like old Happy Face may struggle with the harsh reality of the world however.

No, never did I say gaijin is the only example. But in Japan, that is about as bad as it gets. I maintain the opinion that I made, after all I've spent about 4 years there collectively, and made many non-Japanese friends there who have stayed there much longer, and gaijin is about as bad as it gets over there.

As I also said previously prejudice beliefs occur throughout the whole world, but the one common denominator is that they are made by morons. Therefore those who preach prejudice beliefs like the BNP are also morons. :lol:

Which basically means everyone is a moron in some way or another. :)

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. :D

Edited by Ken

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my 2 best mates is a mackem - the other one I sit next to at Newcastle games. We've all been mates since we worked together at Longbenton when we were 16. We call him a mackem bastard all the time and he calls us mag twats.

You just don't get it do you?

Have people from Newcastle ever owned Mackems as slaves?

Have they murdered them by the thousand? Have they stolen their land? Have they prevented them from working or travelling? Have they stopped them from marrying who they want?

Equating foorball rivalry with racism is absolutely ridiculous to an incredible degree.

tongue in cheek reply to people who have incredibly hissy fits over being called nasty names

They don't though Leazes. There's racist language used all over the board that everyone lets go without comment, for example...

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=525952

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ost&p=41808

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...1&hl=chinky

Only gets a response when someone bangs on that it's not racist, which it clearly is.

no, what NJS says has merit, its all disgraceful and wrong. But I was responding to the notion of calling someone a few names which is vastly different to genuine racist actions.

I realise the post "stopped short" because I was going to say that I worked with a black lad when I was about 20 and he was a great lad, everybody liked him because he used to call us white honkies etc but it was all friendly stuff. Nothing malicious on either side but nowadays there would be some interfering arsehole complaining about it and people getting into bother.

Plenty of people have called me something like Geordie bastard when I worked down south for starters but I just responded by calling them southern twats. No big deal.

What's that? Everybody liked the only black lad you once worked with in the 70s because he endured the racism without complaint.

You're the model of tolerance mate.

to go further........he was far from being intimidated, he was built like a boxer, if he'd wanted, he could have took anyone outside and kicked their heads in. He used to come into work and sit in the rest room and say something like "how many of you white honkies listened to Gary Glitter last night then" as he loved soul music etc, and just laughed like fuck and someone cracked a comment back. And vice versa. I'm not saying that I took a big part in it because I didn't, I admired him for dealing with it the way he did. Don't think this is all bad - it was different times, like I said, people called me a Geordie/Northern twat so I just responded in kind. To some people it isn't nice, of course it isn't, but the purpose of all this is just to say how ridiculous the whole thing has got now, when someone is branded a racist just for saying "I'm going down to the chinkies for a curry"

What a load of over-reactive bollocks. This is what the interfering do-gooders and brainwashed hippy school teachers and other such tosspots etc have done to the country.

And going back to the earlier point re the whole topic of the thread, in light of how the country has changed in the past 30 years, I wouldn't even question whether parts of the country will become divided from other areas, I think its an absolute certainty. So if you're easy with that, good for you.

I made the assumption HF was coming from a UK perspective tbf.

Like I said it's actually applicable and happening in the UK (ignorance and prejudice only make people think it's not, although it's nothing like as applicable as to the wider world).

What are your views on the BNP btw Fop?

I've stated my views a couple of times, have you? :lol:

It's a big thread. I must have missed them. A quick summary would be fine. Fair enough if you don't want to give your views on them. That is your prerogative after all.

By all means, but ladies first. :D

I don't like what they stand for in any way. They have a racist leader with a history in the NF and in denying the holocaust. They're clever in that they don't use overtly 'racist' language (because for some bizarre reason racism is view as being worse than any other prejudice) and in a way that is what makes them dangerous. I don't go along with their ideas about 'voluntary' repatriation and really they're only interested in getting rid of people with different coloured skin. I'll answer any specific questions as well if you like.

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. :lol:

Everyone is prejudiced in some way, just some won't admit it to themselves (al la Happy Face).

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :D

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. :D

Everyone is prejudiced in some way, just some won't admit it to themselves (al la Happy Face).

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :angry:

Prejudice in regards to race and religion is what I meant here. :)

Please don't use the geek who watches Star Trek at IT get-togethers, or the salad bowl haircut and wearing thick glasses as an example, because it was not what I meant on this occasion. :lol:

Although I see the point that you're making.

:D I wouldn't say I'm huge, I'm big but people who use this board could verify I'm quite mobile. Regardless of that, "nee fucker likes you", coming from someone from Washington who spends more money on clearasil than match tickets, and will never in his life say anything interesting, can you explain to me why that will make you life better by putting that on this message board. "Nee fucker likes you :) " ahahahaha

It's a message board you Heinz Baked beans sorter.

I've nee idea where the Clearasil reference came from but I like it :lol:

I'm going to be honest, there is no rhyme or reason to what I posted I do just generally think you're a cunt. Not only that but I get the feeling you're a spineless cunt with nothing in your locker apart from a couple of fanciful stories to justifiy your head-mental ideas.

Feel free to shout me down if i'm wrong.

I don't even notice you enough to think you're a cunt, you're just there. You'll say something on this message board and on occasion follow it up with a " :angry: " and I'll think what's that daft mackem cunt putting smileys up for when it's not really funny. Each to their own though. As for me being spineless you can't really say that on a message board if you're not going to back it up in person, especially when it comes to the fanciful stories bit, do you agree?

You clearly notice me enough to think i'm a cunt, as you've said as much in the past while telling me that living in Washington blacklists from being a true Newcastle fan.

I reckon you're spineless. I reckon if I offered you out you'd shirk at the idea. I reckon what little arse you had would fall out.

I don't like violence the last one on one fight I had was 11 years ago, but clearly you're a nobhead who has something to prove to himself I'm not going to say something shite like "you're digging your own grave" more than likely I'd look at you and take pity on you, you're clearly a little cockeyed Wearside lad with too much to say, if you want to meet me tomorrow, I'll meet you, but don't be a cheeky little generate disrespectful prick.

4pm, outside the Gate. Washy Rules.

I've just been to the town I'm not going back again today, I'll meet you next weekend, I'll even buy you a mix up if you're a good lad.

I don't like what they stand for in any way. They have a racist leader with a history in the NF and in denying the holocaust. They're clever in that they don't use overtly 'racist' language (because for some bizarre reason racism is view as being worse than any other prejudice) and in a way that is what makes them dangerous. I don't go along with their ideas about 'voluntary' repatriation and really they're only interested in getting rid of people with different coloured skin. I'll answer any specific questions as well if you like.

Pretty much the same (although I'll happily admit too that they actually have some decent policies that aren't "BNP", if you see what I mean - or did last time I looked anyway. Funding those polices is a different matter, of course, but that's no different to the Greens or the Liberals).

Having said that I'm happy enough to defend their right to exist (and not be fire-bombed), so long as they don't cross the line between freedom of speech and inciting violence/murder etc.

Also I do think they are providing a much needed wake up call to other parties that they can't just ignore vast parts of the population and their concerns with impunity (Blears was on about this today), the BNP only exist as a remotely credible political force because of flaws in the main parties.

The fact of the matter is the BNP is a voice of democracy, not a nice voice, not an agreeable voice, but that shouldn't matter - they should be opposed, but openly on both sides, not with underhand tactics and whispering campaigns.

Frankly if the main parties actually freely and openly debated the issues that the BNP make ground and then acted on the result of it, the BNP would pretty much just go away.

But if they just continue to shy away from it then it will continue to fester and the BNP will gain more ground inch by inch. Which is bad in every way possible for everyone. :lol:

Pretty much the same (although I'll happily admit too that they actually have some decent policies that aren't "BNP", if you see what I mean - or did last time I looked anyway. Funding those polices is a different matter, of course, but that's no different to the Greens or the Liberals).

Having said that I'm happy enough to defend their right to exist (and not be fire-bombed), so long as they don't cross the line between freedom of speech and inciting violence/murder etc.

Also I do think they are providing a much needed wake up call to other parties that they can't just ignore vast parts of the population and their concerns with impunity (Blears was on about this today), the BNP only exist as a remotely credible political force because of flaws in the main parties.

The fact of the matter is the BNP is a voice of democracy, not a nice voice, not an agreeable voice, but that shouldn't matter - they should be opposed, but openly on both sides, not with underhand tactics and whispering campaigns.

Frankly if the main parties actually freely and openly debated the issues that the BNP make ground and then acted on the result of it, the BNP would pretty much just go away.

But if they just continue to shy away from it then it will continue to fester and the BNP will gain more ground inch by inch. Which is bad in every way possible for everyone. :lol:

Yeah, some of their policies do sound alright. Like you say though, you can promise anything when you know you won't get in. Agree with you when you say other parties play into their hands by avoiding immigration. I also think they should be a legal party as well. Views like theirs are better out in the open, even if they aren't very pleasant.

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :angry:

Please don't use the geek who watches Star Trek at IT get-togethers, or the salad bowl haircut and wearing thick glasses as an example, because it was not what I meant on this occasion. :lol:

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :D).

And your prejudiced view of "me" is exactly that, whatever you think you meant or did not.

Which is why this whole thing is pretty interesting on several levels.

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :D).

And your prejudiced view of "me" is exactly that, whatever you think you meant or did not.

You should be a politician.

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. :aye:

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :)

Prejudice in regards to race and religion is what I meant here. ;)

Please don't use the geek who watches Star Trek at IT get-togethers, or the salad bowl haircut and wearing thick glasses as an example, because it was not what I meant on this occasion. :D

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :scratchhead:).

I couldn't keep a straight face for long enough. :(

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. ;)

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :(

Please don't use the geek who watches Star Trek at IT get-togethers, or the salad bowl haircut and wearing thick glasses as an example, because it was not what I meant on this occasion. :D

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :scratchhead:).

:aye:

just this morning found out that a friend of mine is on this list.

does that make him a complete cunt?

It makes him racist and about to be fire-bombed by people that hate er... hate :D (or his next door neighbour is anyway).

thing is he's not a racist. i think he's actually chosen them without looking at the big picture. some of their policies are ok, most aren't.

oh and he has been threatened on the internet by a variety of people.

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. ;)

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :scratchhead:

:aye:

Easy way out tbh. :(

No. Not all people in the world are prejudice, but every country in the world has prejudiced people. There is a difference, don't try and get a rise out of me. :aye:

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :)

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :().

You do take things to ridiculous extremes to try and show how much more than everyone else you know. As though all forms of prejudice are equal or the same. If I dislike someone who is racially prejudiced, I'm being prejudiced I suppose. I can't say the idea bothers me too much though.

But if they just continue to shy away from it then it will continue to fester and the BNP will gain more ground inch by inch. Which is bad in every way possible for everyone. :D

Yeah, some of their policies do sound alright. Like you say though, you can promise anything when you know you won't get in. Agree with you when you say other parties play into their hands by avoiding immigration. I also think they should be a legal party as well. Views like theirs are better out in the open, even if they aren't very pleasant.

Totally in favour of all flavours and ideas being out in the open, makes it easier to debate and is basically what democracy is all about.

The problem I have with saying some of their stuff seems reasonable is the big pile of shit in the salad bowl ie their covert racism.

just this morning found out that a friend of mine is on this list.

does that make him a complete cunt?

It makes him racist and about to be fire-bombed by people that hate er... hate :D (or his next door neighbour is anyway).

thing is he's not a racist. i think he's actually chosen them without looking at the big picture. some of their policies are ok, most aren't.

oh and he has been threatened on the internet by a variety of people.

That's the irony of this whole issue. Hate is hate, no such thing as "righteous" hate.

Prejudice is prejudice, the particular flavour doesn't make it ok or not (just popular flavours are popular or unpopular flavours popular to be unpopular..... :().

You do take things to ridiculous extremes to try and show how much more than everyone else you know. As though all forms of prejudice are equal or the same. If I dislike someone who is racially prejudiced, I'm being prejudiced I suppose. I can't say the idea bothers me too much though.

I don't think pointing out his prejudiced picture of "me" is taking it to extremes, it's just a good and recent example.

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :aye:

Who have I pre judged and which facts did I not have?

What are your prejudices?

Your own prejudice is one of the reasons I liked your "pictures" of me, it clearly shows it and was most interesting. :aye:

Who have I pre judged and which facts did I not have?

What are your prejudices?

The same people I said above, and I still don't hate you. ;)

My major prejudice is probably taxi drivers, but I'm fortunate in that mostly I hate everyone equally. :)

Malaysia clerics issue yoga fatwa

By Robin Brant

BBC News, Kuala Lumpur

_45230391_yoga_ap226b.jpg

Many people see yoga as a way to maintain their health

Millions of people in Malaysia have been banned from doing yoga because of fears it could corrupt Muslims.

The Islamic authorities have issued a ruling, known as a fatwa, instructing the country's Muslims to avoid yoga because of its Hindu roots.

To most people yoga is simply a sport - a stress-busting start to the day.

Malaysia's National Fatwa Council said it goes further than that and that elements of the Indian religion are inherent in yoga.

Announcing the decision, the council chairman Abdul Shukor Husin said practices like chanting and what he called worshipping were inappropriate and they could "destroy the faith of a Muslim".

The ruling is not legally binding but many of Malaysia's Muslims abide by fatwas.

Yoga classes here are filled with mostly non-Muslim Malaysians of Chinese or Indian descent, but in the major cities it is not uncommon to see several Muslim women at classes.

Prayers and gym

For Muslims across Malaysia the day starts at 5.30 in the morning, as the call to prayer goes out.

A handful of the most devout arrive at a mosque in the western outskirts of Kuala Lumpur.

_45230413_hinduyoga_ap226b.jpg

In India, yoga is an integral part of the Hindu religion

Over the other side of the road, in the shadow of the Mosque's golden dome, a few others start arriving to start their day - at the gym.

Each is carrying a yoga mat, slung over their shoulder.

Adam Junid is a Muslim Malaysian who does both - prayers and gym, specifically yoga.

An engineer in his 30s, he goes to a weekly class for about 30 people.

"I don't think it interferes with the religion at all," he says.

"In fact it helps you, makes you healthy and more aligned and it helps you become self aware," he adds.

Adam is a rarity because it is mostly women and not many Muslims who do this.

Islam is able to cater to the needs of Muslims - spiritual needs, intellectual needs and other needs, material needs - there is no need to bring in elements from outside

Professor Osman Bakar

"The yoga masters repeat that it actually can be quite compatible with religion," he said. "It makes you a better person."

Yoga comes in many forms. For some it is a stress-busting sport. For others a serious bit of soul searching.

What Adam does once a week is the serious stuff. The class I sat in on was two hours long.

Spiritual experience

It included breathing exercises, with the help of the tick-tock of a metronome.

There was meditation, then half an hour of darkness for intense relaxation.

Before that some of the class managed a very stable headstand. Others could touch the back of their head with their foot.

"It can go with any religion," instructor Mani Sekaran told me.

"Or it can go with those who don't believe in any religion, because it's purely sports," he added.

He is also founder of the Malaysian Yoga Society. A bald and very fit man, he once did martial arts.

"If I want to train for an Olympic gold medal... whether I believe in a religion or not doesn't matter. I just keep on training."

_45230418_mosque_afp226b.jpg

Malaysia is a secular democracy where Islam is the official religion

"Based on that we can use yoga to enhance whatever we are doing, whether it is religion or whether it's spirituality... but it [yoga] is stand alone."

During the class I sat in on, yoga's Hindu roots were mentioned, albeit briefly. A spiritual experience was on offer for those who wanted it.

This is the point where some Muslims in Malaysia worry about yoga. They think it is encroaching on their way of life.

One Muslim student told me that she combined yoga techniques with prayers. That concerns some Islamic experts.

"If people want to practice yoga, the physical exercise, I think that is no problem," Professor Osman Bakar, from Malaysia's Institute of Advanced Islamic Studies, told me.

"Many Muslims would say fine. But they would object to the mixing of the two things."

"Islam is a complete way of life. Islam is able to cater to the needs of Muslims; spiritual needs, intellectual needs and other needs, material needs. So there is no need to bring in elements from outside," he added.

Adam's yoga class ended with a quick discussion about self-awareness, concentration and why people do yoga. I was not sure if this was a weekly occurrence or for my benefit.

He told me that yoga has made him a better person. He has no plans to stop.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7743312.stm

Let's all just be thankful we don't have a British Yoga Party. :D

:aye: I wouldn't say I'm huge, I'm big but people who use this board could verify I'm quite mobile. Regardless of that, "nee fucker likes you", coming from someone from Washington who spends more money on clearasil than match tickets, and will never in his life say anything interesting, can you explain to me why that will make you life better by putting that on this message board. "Nee fucker likes you ;) " ahahahaha

It's a message board you Heinz Baked beans sorter.

I've nee idea where the Clearasil reference came from but I like it :D

I'm going to be honest, there is no rhyme or reason to what I posted I do just generally think you're a cunt. Not only that but I get the feeling you're a spineless cunt with nothing in your locker apart from a couple of fanciful stories to justifiy your head-mental ideas.

Feel free to shout me down if i'm wrong.

I don't even notice you enough to think you're a cunt, you're just there. You'll say something on this message board and on occasion follow it up with a " :) " and I'll think what's that daft mackem cunt putting smileys up for when it's not really funny. Each to their own though. As for me being spineless you can't really say that on a message board if you're not going to back it up in person, especially when it comes to the fanciful stories bit, do you agree?

You clearly notice me enough to think i'm a cunt, as you've said as much in the past while telling me that living in Washington blacklists from being a true Newcastle fan.

I reckon you're spineless. I reckon if I offered you out you'd shirk at the idea. I reckon what little arse you had would fall out.

I don't like violence the last one on one fight I had was 11 years ago, but clearly you're a nobhead who has something to prove to himself I'm not going to say something shite like "you're digging your own grave" more than likely I'd look at you and take pity on you, you're clearly a little cockeyed Wearside lad with too much to say, if you want to meet me tomorrow, I'll meet you, but don't be a cheeky little generate disrespectful prick.

4pm, outside the Gate. Washy Rules.

I've just been to the town I'm not going back again today, I'll meet you next weekend, I'll even buy you a mix up if you're a good lad.

Bottled it tbh.