iPhone

Andrew Flintoff

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Gemmill,

Regarding the camera roll bit. Before I had taken any photo's, the iphone worked and connected fine, once I had taken some photo's though, it crashed my pc as soon as I plugged it in. When I deleted them, it connected no problem. Really annoying.

Regarding the web useage :

O2 Ireland entitles me to :

* 350 Anytime minutes

* 150 SMS

* 15 MMS

* 1 GB Data allowance

I'm not too pushed about jailbreaking it at the minute, I may do it eventually if there are some brilliant apps.

Barney, hope I'm not being rude, but how much are you paying for that, because that's a shit deal.

No, not at all. I organised the lot.

Here's the 02 Ireland Price Plans for iphone regardless of the plan, you're limited to 1gig of usage(excluding wifi which is unlimited).

I've spotted that you can check you're remaining, minutes, texts and gigs by pressing *100# and call.

data.gif

Not working on my phone, could be O2 UK or it could be my phone though...

Aye, I use the free Spotify service, but there's no way I'd pay to have it on the iPhone, when if I really want that tune I could download it and then sync it across for nothing.

Isn't LastFM free on the iPhone?

Aye, I use the free Spotify service, but there's no way I'd pay to have it on the iPhone, when if I really want that tune I could download it and then sync it across for nothing.

Yeah, but when I last used it wasn't worth the trouble. The interface kept crashing and it could never get enough information on a certain band you searched.

I've heard about the data limit before, I think the bottom line is if you are browsing the web, checking emails etc you shouldn't get anywhere near exceeding it, this is why BBC iplayer won't work over 3G and YouTube video is very low-fi, and also why you can't download anything over 10mb from iTunes, however I think the 1gb limit is only a guide and you would only be contacted by O2 and asked to cut back on your use if you continually abused it, it's a fair use policy rather than a proper limit.

Yeah, but when I last used it wasn't worth the trouble. The interface kept crashing and it could never get enough information on a certain band you searched.

They've updated it now.

Can you get hotmail on your iPhone or not?

Yes !

As you can tell I really want one but I'm tied into my other contract for quite a while yet so need to get rid of that first.

Yes !

As you can tell I really want one but I'm tied into my other contract for quite a while yet so need to get rid of that first.

Sort of in the same situation for me but not totally 100% convinced that I would love the iPhone as much as everyone else.

What do people think are the best and worst bits of the iPhone?

Yes !

Sort of in the same situation for me but not totally 100% convinced that I would love the iPhone as much as everyone else.

I've got a Touch which is why I want one as I know how good they are. But would love to have the functionality of one but on the go all of the time.

Out of interest who is your contract with? If it's Orange then you can probably get out of it.

I'm with 3 unfortunately so have no chance.

3 have recently ended their agreement with Orange to use their network as a backup signal and this seems to have been causing problems for users in Manchester, if you tried to tell them that you were working and living in Man during the week and couldn't get signal then they could release you from your contract. See http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/445799/3-mo...p-network-oran/

Alternatively, you could just say that you've recently moved house and you can no longer receive a signal in your area and try to get out of it that way (probably your best bet Matty).

Normally the call centre staff will try everything to fob you off but if you're persistent then you should be able to get out of it.

I want an Iphone but my Blackberry Bold is the mutts nuts for answering e-mails on. Thinking of going pay as you go on the Blackberry and paying a fiver a month for the Blackberry add on and getting an Iphone too when my contract is up..

Yes !

imo

best bits, Harbour master and flight control :) and pretty much everything else

worst bits, no video recording

The best:

The Apps, 13,000 of them, no other phone can compete with that.

Push messaging

Mobile iTunes connectivity

Fantastic screen

unrivalled touch interface

The worst:

The keyboard can take some getting used to

the camera could be better but is not as bad as people make out

Battery life is poor depending on usage but does recharge VERY quickly.

Playing Metal Gear Solid on it at the minute. Great fun and free.

So far I'm delighted with the phone. There's video recording on it, and I got used to typing straight away.

worst bits, no video recording

Isn't that a feature of the new O/S release? (I obviously mean video recording being a feature, not 'no' video recording)