Corrective measures in Jan.

Park Life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this lost will be for sale in Jan. They are perilously short of cash.

1 Robert Green Goalkeeper

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

4 Daniel Gabbidon Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

8 Scott Parker Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

11 Matthew Etherington Midfielder

12 Carlton Cole Striker

13 Luis Boa Morte Striker

15 Matthew Upson Defender

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

17 Hayden Mullins Midfielder

18 Jonathan Spector Defender

19 James Collins Defender

20 Julien Faubert Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

I'd still have Ashton, to replace Viduka maybe. Behrami is quality but just signed for them, and yes, Noble is the only other one I'd have.

(As an aside, if somehow Bellamy was available for less than 3mil, I'd have him back.)

Myself, I'd cast my eyes Blackburn's way...Vogel is a good defensive midfielder who hasn't made an appearance under Ince, could see him being agreeable to a move here.

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

I'd still have Ashton, to replace Viduka maybe. Behrami is quality but just signed for them, and yes, Noble is the only other one I'd have.

(As an aside, if somehow Bellamy was available for less than 3mil, I'd have him back.)

Myself, I'd cast my eyes Blackburn's way...Vogel is a good defensive midfielder who hasn't made an appearance under Ince, could see him being agreeable to a move here.

Noble and Vogel would fill the yawning hole commonly known as our midfield. I bet JFK signs a pair of muppets though.

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Ashton's a class player but I read last week he's only played 33 games in the last three years.

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Ashton's a class player but I read last week he's only played 33 games in the last three years.

Dodgy knee isn't it?

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Dodgy knee isn't it?

He had a nasty broken ankle with the England squad about two and a half years ago. Think its all been niggles since then. He'll probably never be right.

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Dodgy knee isn't it?

He had a nasty broken ankle with the England squad about two and a half years ago. Think its all been niggles since then. He'll probably never be right.

Rumour down this way has that West Ham are eager to sell Ashton in January...

Speaks volumes to me about his fitness.

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

12 Carlton Cole Striker

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Dodgy knee isn't it?

Rumour down this way has that West Ham are eager to sell Ashton in January...

Speaks volumes to me about his fitness.

Planning to get their own back on us for Dyer tbh.

Upson and Noble would do me out of that lot.

Upson's a mercenary bastard and not actually that good. No thanks.

Wrong on both counts. Don't really know where you get the mercenary part from but he is certainly a good player. He's not a stand out kind of player but he's very consistent which is just what we have lacked for years. I think he would work well with Colloccini too.

Noble would be a good type of player to look at, he's a grafter who seems to be able to contribute well in attack. We've got no chance of bringing in the type of playmaker we were all after in the summer so a Noble type player would be our best chance. Bullard would be better but I think he would be more difficult to get.

With regards to what else we can do, I'm not sure there is anything. We aren't going to change manager without the club being sold and I can't see there being any money for additional backroom staff when you would be thinking that when the club is sold they would probably be replaced. Our only way forward is for Ashley to quite quickly in January show some intention with cash backing for Kinnear and add to that with some loans for the rest of the season as well as trying to tie down Owen to a new deal. Having one of the best goalscorers in the world on a long term contract isn't going to harm his chances of selling the club (don't for a second think he will sign anway like but they should give it a go).

A clear statement of intent from Ashley, before the window, would be nice. Something covering transfer funding,the club sale,plans for remainder of the season. As long as the fucker puts his head above the battlements and says something ,simple and unambiguous .

As far as players goes, I really can't see any players of quality coming here this year.If we can hold on to what we have it'll be a friggin miracle. Our only hope of fresh blood in the 1st XI is youth players coming up ,

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Wrong on both counts. Don't really know where you get the mercenary part from but he is certainly a good player. He's not a stand out kind of player but he's very consistent which is just what we have lacked for years. I think he would work well with Colloccini too.

Noble would be a good type of player to look at, he's a grafter who seems to be able to contribute well in attack. We've got no chance of bringing in the type of playmaker we were all after in the summer so a Noble type player would be our best chance. Bullard would be better but I think he would be more difficult to get.

With regards to what else we can do, I'm not sure there is anything. We aren't going to change manager without the club being sold and I can't see there being any money for additional backroom staff when you would be thinking that when the club is sold they would probably be replaced. Our only way forward is for Ashley to quite quickly in January show some intention with cash backing for Kinnear and add to that with some loans for the rest of the season as well as trying to tie down Owen to a new deal. Having one of the best goalscorers in the world on a long term contract isn't going to harm his chances of selling the club (don't for a second think he will sign anway like but they should give it a go).

Upson's injury record would put me off like. Good player though. SBR could have had him for about £1.2m iirc.

Upson's injury record would put me off like. Good player though. SBR could have had him for about £1.2m iirc.

Yeah that's a fair enought point although I get the impression he seems to have turned things around on the score. Whenever I see them play he always seems be in but the stats might prove me wrong.

Wrong on both counts. Don't really know where you get the mercenary part from but he is certainly a good player. He's not a stand out kind of player but he's very consistent which is just what we have lacked for years. I think he would work well with Colloccini too

He's a mercenary in my eyes for how he abandoned Birmingham's promotion push mid-season for $$$ at West Ham. And he's a bit of a sicknote or has been in recent years, which is just what we don't need.

Wrong on both counts. Don't really know where you get the mercenary part from but he is certainly a good player. He's not a stand out kind of player but he's very consistent which is just what we have lacked for years. I think he would work well with Colloccini too

He's a mercenary in my eyes for how he abandoned Birmingham's promotion push mid-season for $$$ at West Ham. And he's a bit of a sicknote or has been in recent years, which is just what we don't need.

I don't think he was pushing for a transfer like Defoe was from West Ham when they went down and I wouldn't think many would blame him from wanting to leave Birmingham.

As for him being a sicknote I agree we should be looking to avoid players like that going forward but in our current position we are going to have to accept that our first choices are no longer going to be possible. He's started all of their league games this season btw.

I can't blame him for leaving Birmingham with the money West Ham were throwing about at the time. Lucas Neill turned down Liverpool to go there.

• 3 weeks later...
[

Not likely to add many to that total this season either:

No early return for Ashton

Not read the rest of the thread so my apoligies now if i repeat anything thats been said.

In my opinion the corrective measures needed in january are self explanitary really:

New LB...Baines or Warnock

Backup RB....suggestions?

Tough tackling defensive midfielder as butt is fuckin finished....suggestions?

Skjelbred to cover gutierrez and give us a creative option in the middle too!

Premote...Kadar, Edgar, Tozer and Lua Lua.

Send back Gonzalez

Sell or loan our Xisco

--------------------------------

(End of season) Sell and replace...Geremi, Cacapa, Duff, Smith and Shola

Wise removed from "director of football" and from the club completely.

Employ a "Chief scout" to follow MA plans on scouring the globe for talent, only to report to JFK and next manager.

Simple really.

The team come the end of january shouldnt look too dissimilar to our best line up now only with the exception at left back and maybe a bench with more options.

Given

Beye Coloccini Bassong Baines

Gutierrez Barton Guthrie N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Subs: Harper, Taylor, RB, Enrique, Skjelbred, Duff, Viduka

That there, i think is a top four squad IMO

EDIT: Besty...this ones for you bud! Merry christmas :lol:

Edited by Geordie Lad...