Magpies join Stoke, Everton and Spurs in race to sign Cardiff midfielder Ledley

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United have joined the race to sign highly-rated Cardiff City midfielder Joe Ledley.

Magpies boss Joe Kinnear has targeted three players from the Championship - Ledley, Michael Kightly of Wolves and Reading's Kevin Doyle - and is set to meet club owner Mike Ashley ahead of the opening of the transfer window on Thursday to discover how much cash he has to spend.

Newcastle will face stiff opposition for Ledley in the shape of Stoke City, who had a £6m summer bid rejected, Everton and Tottenham Hotspur but Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale insists he has received no offers for the player.

bit of a gamble going for young players in the championship in our situation.

we need a couple of proven players that can go straight into the team and do the business like when birmingham bought dugarry in the jan tranfer window and helped keep them up.

He scores a few goals and supports his forwards, Joe Ledley. Quite impressed with him, my mates a Cardiff supporter and he says the same, not sure if he can step up to the premiership, someone will go for him.

Doyle and ledley would both be good shouts, seeing as shola SHOULD leave in the summer doyle would be a good replacement. Ledley has a great left peg and like someone said earlier, chips in with goals and is quite creative in terms of passing ability.

Out of the two though i would most definatly take ledley.

You might be right, I don't watch much fizzy pop league but I seem to remember him come from non league or something and making a quick impression on the wing.

And being that right wing is about the only position in which we have a footballer you're probably right.

Edited by David Kelly

ledleys a midfielder aye , but not someone whos going to give us the spark we need in midfield straight away , the kids got a good few year yet before that happens .

id want to see big money on a midfielder ready to walk in a do the business straight away .

ledleys a midfielder aye , but not someone whos going to give us the spark we need in midfield straight away , the kids got a good few year yet before that happens .

id want to see big money on a midfielder ready to walk in a do the business straight away .

I've wanted that for years and it didn't happen when it looked like we had money so there's no chance of it happening now. Bullard and Nobel would be who I'd be going for as we stand.

Ledley's a decent young player, he usually plays out on the left but Cardiff have played him in the centre lately, he's not what you would call creative but he's got a good engine and likes to break forward, they turned down a bid for him in the Summer of £6 million but I don't think it would take much more than that to get him.

Kightly's a better player, he's got the good bits that Milner's got to his game but he's quicker and usually finds himself space in the box.

Ledley's a decent young player, he usually plays out on the left but Cardiff have played him in the centre lately, he's not what you would call creative but he's got a good engine and likes to break forward, they turned down a bid for him in the Summer of £6 million but I don't think it would take much more than that to get him.

Kightly's a better player, he's got the good bits that Milner's got to his game but he's quicker and usually finds himself space in the box.

So we buy him for £6m and sell him on for £12m in the summer? :icon_lol:

I'd take Ledley but certainly not Doyle, sidestep at best from the Shola class of players.

Don't be fucking stupid. If we're talking about Doyle as replacement for the likes of Owen he's not good enough but he's way better than Shola. He would be a canny addition to our squad for me as unfortunately the days of us signing Ferdinand's, Shearer's and Owen's are well gone.

I'd take Ledley but certainly not Doyle, sidestep at best from the Shola class of players.

Don't be fucking stupid. If we're talking about Doyle as replacement for the likes of Owen he's not good enough but he's way better than Shola. He would be a canny addition to our squad for me as unfortunately the days of us signing Ferdinand's, Shearer's and Owen's are well gone.

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. :icon_lol: