Redundancies

Tooj

Well if we're doing updates. Following on from the 5% blanket paycut - which we in the UK can refuse, but those in the US cannot - znet posted a story about a memo that went out to all US employees saying their paypacket for this months would be 10% lighter than normal. :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an interview tomorrow for a decent-ish job.

Torn between going clean shaven (which I hate and feel really self concious) or sporting the "designer" stubble that I wear every other day....

Torn between going clean shaven (which I hate and feel really self concious) or sporting the "designer" stubble that I wear every other day....

no wonder you have been on the scrap heap for so long.

:o

Why not just go the whole hog and take a shit on the interviewer's desk?

cos that'd be rude.

I'm serious though I gots to look my best.

I'm thinking torn jeans, "Nu rave" Converse, blue shirt and a cravat, under a blazer... Oh and the obligatory massive shades...

whaddya reckon? :D

cos that'd be rude.

I'm serious though I gots to look my best.

I'm thinking torn jeans, "Nu rave" Converse, blue shirt and a cravat, under a blazer... Oh and the obligatory massive shades...

whaddya reckon? :D

As soon as you open your mouth they're going to realise what a massive Twat you are anyway so I would wear what you like if I were you.

Glad to hear you're going smart with the clothes, but a stubble would undo all that good work.

true, but surely Emo eye make up would redress the balance?

The stubble says I'm all butch and what not, but the eye make up says there's a heart beating inside of all this macho.

Wacky, thanks for the support I'll be sure to take your words of wisdom to heart, I'll be providing the interviewers with flash cards so my silence doesn't seen as weird.

Well the redundancies are starting :panic: Lad on my team is losing his job on Friday, he doesn't know it yet but he is, this recession is a fuckin total nightmare.

Just seen this, one of my mates lost his recruitment job around this time :o:D

I think your attitude in this thread tells its own story fish.

I bet you drop your aspiration to be a stand up into interviews as well don't you?

You need to take these things seriously. What are the KPIs of the company that you are applying for? what are the behaviours?

Have you done your reading yet? Its more competitive out there than you have ever known it.

this was a thinly veiled way for me to post my excitement about an interview for a job that I actually want.

Yes I've done my reading on the company, yes I've looked at the role from both sides, I've looked at the company's history and it's declared plans.

fucking hell Danny, do you honestly think my main concern about the interview is whether I'm sporting a Goatee or a Foo Man Choo (sp?)

I think maybe you should stick to arguing with Stevie about league cup attendances in the pre-war era or something.

Chances are if you go in looking like George Michael in his Faith video the interviewer wont think youre cool or quirky, just that youre a scruffy lazy bastard who cant be arsed to have a shave so what the fuck are you going to be like if you have to put a days graft in!

this was a thinly veiled way for me to post my excitement about an interview for a job that I actually want.

Yes I've done my reading on the company, yes I've looked at the role from both sides, I've looked at the company's history and it's declared plans.

fucking hell Danny KD, do you honestly think my main concern about the interview is whether I'm sporting a Goatee or a Foo Man Choo (sp?)

I think maybe you should stick to arguing with Stevie everybody about league cup attendances in the pre-war era or something. whether it's cool to drink or not.

Guest Stevie
Well the redundancies are starting :panic: Lad on my team is losing his job on Friday, he doesn't know it yet but he is, this recession is a fuckin total nightmare.

Just seen this, one of my mates lost his recruitment job around this time :o:D

Has he got an Italian surname, thinks he's hard as fuck and lives in Cannin Tahn?

fucking hell Danny KD, do you honestly think my main concern about the interview is whether I'm sporting a Goatee or a Foo Man Choo (sp?)

I think maybe you should stick to arguing with Stevie everybody about league cup attendances in the pre-war era or something. whether it's cool to drink or not.

Go and have a threesome or something you big manly beard grower

Guest Stevie

fucking hell Danny, do you honestly think my main concern about the interview is whether I'm sporting a Goatee or a Foo Man Choo (sp?)

I think maybe you should stick to arguing with Stevie about league cup attendances in the pre-war era or something.

I think you should stop borin cunts about this lass who clearly doesn't want to shag you, grow some hair and avoid looking like Lee Ryder for the rest of your life.

I think you should stop borin cunts about this lass who clearly doesn't want to shag you, grow some hair and avoid looking like Lee Ryder for the rest of your life.

it's like a hug with words.

...fuck

but on the bright side the girl who I've been dating said she didn't want to pursue anything because dating a guy at work never goes well.... no longer a problem Missy because I got told today that because of government cutbacks they have to cut short my contract, effectively my last paid day will be next Friday...

what the fuck? My shittest day ever? prolly

:(

start on Monday, going out with the same girl to celebrate <_<

...fuck

but on the bright side the girl who I've been dating said she didn't want to pursue anything because dating a guy at work never goes well.... no longer a problem Missy because I got told today that because of government cutbacks they have to cut short my contract, effectively my last paid day will be next Friday...

Congratulations "Shagger" Watson.

Though where are you going to find the time for all these women in your life now? :(

...fuck

Congratulations "Shagger" Watson.

Though where are you going to find the time for all these women in your life now? :(

One woman man now mate. It must be official she's changed her relationship status on facebook and everything.

p.s. I just want it known that I did go clean shaven. Just to put those peoples mind at ease who thought I was a fucking moron. :blush: