Redundancies

Tooj

...fuck

but on the bright side the girl who I've been dating said she didn't want to pursue anything because dating a guy at work never goes well.... no longer a problem Missy because I got told today that because of government cutbacks they have to cut short my contract, effectively my last paid day will be next Friday...

what the fuck? My shittest day ever? prolly

:(

start on Monday, going out with the same girl to celebrate <_<

Well done pal!

:(

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw are you going to pm a copy of your contract to Sammy in case anyone doesn't believe you... <_<

I'm going to send it to Fop, as he's the resident expert on... well pretty much anything really.

Plus I only send Sammy pictures of my conquests, he likes to live vicariously through my cock it seems.

I got a promotion today. :(

Lot's more responsibility. :(

No extra money <_<

:blush:

I think I'm destined for that this year (July) - the option is to wait a year so that the promotion does = pay rise but I think I'll get the word "manager" on my CV ASAP and see what happens.

Well done Fish BTW.

Since my course is all but done (I don't need to set foot anywhere near Sunderland until my graduation in mid-July) i'm applying for jobs this week. Lots and lots of jobs actual, real, proper, 9-5, Monday to Friday jobs :(

The sad smilie isn't down to the fact i'm gutted to be leaving my cushy life as a scratter student, if anything i'm looking forward to getting out into the big, wide world, but more to do with the fact that the vocation i've chose to study has fuck all in the way of jobs going at the moment. I've cast my net a little wider and now i'm looking away from journalism towards PR.

Any suggestions for what to include in a CV? I'm pretty happy with mine but it can always do with fine tuning so if anyone has any ways to make me look like a bloody God feel free to tell me <_<

Since my course is all but done (I don't need to set foot anywhere near Sunderland until my graduation in mid-July) i'm applying for jobs this week. Lots and lots of jobs actual, real, proper, 9-5, Monday to Friday jobs :(

The sad smilie isn't down to the fact i'm gutted to be leaving my cushy life as a scratter student, if anything i'm looking forward to getting out into the big, wide world, but more to do with the fact that the vocation i've chose to study has fuck all in the way of jobs going at the moment. I've cast my net a little wider and now i'm looking away from journalism towards PR.

Any suggestions for what to include in a CV? I'm pretty happy with mine but it can always do with fine tuning so if anyone has any ways to make me look like a bloody God feel free to tell me ;)

Post it and I'll give you some 'constructive' criticism. ;)

Well done Fish and HF. I was hauled into an office last week and given a back dated promotion (rather than have to apply, compete and be interviewed for the role I researched and designed) I'm still thinking about leaving but listen to the advice of my peers and cling on.

in this climate stick with it. i've been out of work for 7 weeks now and its painful.

dealing with thick recruitment consultants is soul destroying. luckily i have a couple of interviews this week, and i will nail one of them.

...fuck

but on the bright side the girl who I've been dating said she didn't want to pursue anything because dating a guy at work never goes well.... no longer a problem Missy because I got told today that because of government cutbacks they have to cut short my contract, effectively my last paid day will be next Friday...

what the fuck? My shittest day ever? prolly

:aye:

start on Monday, going out with the same girl to celebrate :good:

Congratulations "Shagger" Watson.

Though where are you going to find the time for all these women in your life now? :)

One woman man now mate. It must be official she's changed her relationship status on facebook and everything.

p.s. I just want it known that I did go clean shaven. Just to put those peoples mind at ease who thought I was a fucking moron. :rolleyes:

I still think you're a moron btw. But well done!

You say the sweetest things Tooj

Now go buy a dumb hat so I can laugh a little more.

You say the sweetest things Tooj

Now go buy a dumb hat so I can laugh a little more.

:good:

• 3 months later...
Shit mate, sorry.

Move to London. :cry:

"Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway."

Well I figured, given that it worked for young Whittington... but then I suppose you're a different kind of Dick all together, wren't you.

:cry:

25 people on our team at the start of the month.

12 left now.

Despite posting strong third quarter results.

Every company is using the downturn as a excuse to streamline, even those unaffected. It's what sees economists reporting a "recovery" as the markets grow beyond the levels they peaked at 12 months ago, even while unemployment continues to rise.

Edited by Happy Face

25 people on our team at the start of the month.

12 left now.

Despite posting strong third quarter results.

Every company is using the downturn as a excuse to streamline, even those unaffected. It's what sees economists reporting a "recovery" as the markets grow beyond the levels they peaked at 12 months ago, even while unemployment continues to rise.

In my industry there is a LOT of shite on good money and this has played into some employers hands. As soon as it kicks off again a lot of people will have changed careers and the gash will be back on decent money again :cry: