Redundancies

Tooj

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad was offered his full pension to leave the NHS (He's 50). After much soul searching he agree to take it and resigned himself to doing odd shifts on the wards at a much lower pay grade to make up any shortfall. We cheered him up buy suggesting all the spare time he would have to do the things he's missed out on doing the 60hour weeks he was doing.

Then he got a letter in the post telling him its going to cost them too much so he's keeping his job, for now.

He didnt know whether to laugh or cry!

My dad was offered his full pension to leave the NHS (He's 50). After much soul searching he agree to take it and resigned himself to doing odd shifts on the wards at a much lower pay grade to make up any shortfall. We cheered him up buy suggesting all the spare time he would have to do the things he's missed out on doing the 60hour weeks he was doing.

Then he got a letter in the post telling him its going to cost them too much so he's keeping his job, for now.

If I was him I'd cry because he'd get all that pension, and he could've done private health work and been on double salary. All you lot who voted for a tory government are reeping what you sow now like, not saying you by the way.

Just been speaking to a candidate, 55 years of age, probably the best QS I have in his whole area (Nottingham). Never been unemployed for 36 years, today was the first day in four decades he's had to sign on. Poor fella was nearly in tears, he said they made him feel shit, and he got there surrounded by people who seemed content to be signing on, pulling £500 phones out their pockets no doubt with skooter on their ring tones. The country is fucked up big time, for the first time I'm worried for everyone, when the NHS and the OB are cutting numbers you know it's going to be a white knuckle ride for a while.

Just been speaking to a candidate, 55 years of age, probably the best QS I have in his whole area (Nottingham). Never been unemployed for 36 years, today was the first day in four decades he's had to sign on. Poor fella was nearly in tears, he said they made him feel shit, and he got there surrounded by people who seemed content to be signing on, pulling £500 phones out their pockets no doubt with skooter on their ring tones. The country is fucked up big time, for the first time I'm worried for everyone, when the NHS and the OB are cutting numbers you know it's going to be a white knuckle ride for a while.

couldn't agree more. its going to be lethal for the next 9-18 months i reckon.

I've stepped things up after being refused redundancy - got an interview tomorrow in Chelmsford (where I live) which will probably mean a pay cut which will mean weighing up how much 2 hours a day is worth to me (I wouldn't have to commute to London any more).

Speaking to loads of agents so hopefully will get more interviews soon.

If I was him I'd cry because he'd get all that pension, and he could've done private health work and been on double salary. All you lot who voted for a tory government are reeping what you sow now like, not saying you by the way.

He hates the Tories. Makes it all the worse tbh. The NHS is being dismantled from the top down. Private healthcare here we come.

Good luck trophy. Hope something good turns up for you.

I've actually been hoping for redundancy from my place and have been missing out. Honestly though, the way things are turning, I'm not sure hoping for it is the way to go.

Cheers Gemmill, I have been wishing for the kiss off for yonks too, but it's not exactly a good time to be out of work or starting something up from nout.

Still, it's good to say fuck it and take the safety belt off.

Back on the Smash mate?

I've actually been hoping for redundancy from my place and have been missing out. Honestly though, the way things are turning, I'm not sure hoping for it is the way to go.

You havent been there all that long though have you? 3 years or so? or am I totally out there?

You havent been there all that long though have you? 3 years or so? or am I totally out there?

Nah that's about right. But I hate it and would get about 25k to leave, hence the attraction. I mean I couldn't retire or owt.

Nah that's about right. But I hate it and would get about 25k to leave, hence the attraction. I mean I couldn't retire or owt.

No wonder they're fucked. :lol: