Prince Harry apologises over 'Paki' video

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

she was a person of her time - upper class, 1920-'s

as for Harry - upper class idiot from a family with more issues than most in a TV soap, chronic educational underachievers and an Army Officer - what do you expect FFS????

Edited by Rob W

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she was a person of her time - upper class, 1920-'s

as for Harry - upper class idiot from a family with more issues than most in a TV soap, chronic educational underachievers and an Army Officer - what do you expect FFS????

Take a fucking stick to him.

I think the apology & explanations are even worse than his original comments. On the 'paki' bit the spokesman says that that was his nickname, the whole regiment called him it or something. As if everyone addressing him with a racial slur makes it okay. Even more ridculous is the explaination that he used 'raghead' to describe Iraqi or Afghan fighters, as if that closes the matter. It's like him saying "the reason why his Highness called them 'sand niggers' is that, well they are niggers, and they live in sand".

He should have just admitted that his comments were abhorent and left it at that.

I think the apology & explanations are even worse than his original comments. On the 'paki' bit the spokesman says that that was his nickname, the whole regiment called him it or something. As if everyone addressing him with a racial slur makes it okay. Even more ridculous is the explaination that he used 'raghead' to describe Iraqi or Afghan fighters, as if that closes the matter. It's like him saying "the reason why his Highness called them 'sand niggers' is that, well they are niggers, and they live in sand".

He should have just admitted that his comments were abhorent and left it at that.

Aye you should always be polite about those you are about to kill/are going to kill you. Manners are everything. :D

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). <_<

Or is this place racist now? Paki - Its all About being Pakistani

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :D

That is naive at best from you Fop - you and I both know that paki causes offence because it's mostly used in the context of 'fuck off you paki bastards' or similar. If you think it's an acceptable form of abbreviation for someone from Pakistan, try saying it whilst wandering around certain parts of Bradford and see how far it gets you.

(One of the busiest A & E departments in the country, thanks in no small parts to Asian gangs battering the shit out of each other, would be my guess).

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :D

That is naive at best from you Fop - you and I both know that paki causes offence because it's mostly used in the context of 'fuck off you paki bastards' or similar. If you think it's an acceptable form of abbreviation for someone from Pakistan, try saying it whilst wandering around certain parts of Bradford and see how far it gets you.

(One of the busiest A & E departments in the country, thanks in no small parts to Asian gangs battering the shit out of each other, would be my guess).

Fop's a bit of an Isreali apologist though isnt he? Probably something of that nature behind it I'd guess.

Ridiculous statement to come out with whatever the reason of course.

If he was joking with the Pakistani lad, then I personally wouldn't be offended, which in my opinion he was. Media just going OTT again.

Fair do's like.

Conversely, if I was in the company of a group of whites and one Asian and everyone was referring to him as 'Paki' I'd be utterly ashamed.

If he was joking with the Pakistani lad, then I personally wouldn't be offended, which in my opinion he was. Media just going OTT again.

Fair do's like.

Conversely, if I was in the company of a group of whites and one Asian and everyone was referring to him as 'Paki' I'd be utterly ashamed.

Especially if the ring leader was a Ginge :D

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). <_<

Fop's a bit of an Isreali apologist though isnt he? Probably something of that nature behind it I'd guess.

So basically you cannot refute my point, only try to throw muck and hope that it sticks - still a LOT to learn my boy. :D

That is naive at best from you Fop - you and I both know that paki causes offence because it's mostly used in the context of 'fuck off you paki bastards' or similar.

But that is the point saying "fuck off you paki bastard" is offensive (especially if said person isn't actually pakistani)

But saying "fuck off you brit bastard" is also offensive.

However neither is the case here.

If you think it's an acceptable form of abbreviation for someone from Pakistan, try saying it whilst wandering around certain parts of Bradford and see how far it gets you.

And you'll hear it being said and used in perfectly acceptable ways all around the world (hence www.paki.com), just like brit; it's all in the context.

And in this case the context seems stupid (even in a personal video, given the PCer than thouiness in the UK), but actually no different from "Brit" really in this context.

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :icon_lol:

So basically you cannot refute my point, only try to throw muck and hope that it sticks - still a LOT to learn my boy. <_<

:D

I alligned myself with the views expressed by Luke, which of course are the 'real world' position here. They refute your point completely.

Bit tetchy today? We've not had one of your precious flounces for a while ;)

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :blush:

So basically you cannot refute my point, only try to throw muck and hope that it sticks - still a LOT to learn my boy. :icon_lol:

I alligned myself with the views expressed by Luke, which of course are the 'real world' position here. They refute your point completely.

Bit tetchy today? We've not had one of your precious flounces for a while :icon_lol:

Nope you attempted to throw muck. (and failed - must try harder) ;)

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? :scratchhead:<_<

Edited by Fop

Fair do's like.

Why? if the Asian wasn't bothered/didn't object, what's the problem. I would suggest IF the Asian was as you said "in the company" of a white group of friends he'd be used to whatever names they usually call him, what if they said and he's called "Paedo", is that shamefull.

This whole name calling MUST BE Rascist thing, really winds me up, it's name calling for heavens sake. Now I accept there are certain words like Nigger, Wog, Honkey or Kafir that certainly ARE rascist but Paki, deary me. They (and society) shouldn't be so damned "precious" about everything. Rascism/discrimination via deed or action is MUCH more wicked and should be stamped upon instead of furore about trivia like name calling. Look for it where it really is, not where it's percieved FFS

Paki is no more rascist than Brit, Yank, Aussie, end of. (except that some Paki's find it offensive - aw bless) I find "Sweaty" offensive as a name for Scots, but shit I ain't going to lose any sleep over it or call the papers.

Mountain out of a molehill

I must be a rascist :D

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? <_<:D

You want Bawan's bum, same as Luke.

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :scratchhead:

So basically you cannot refute my point, only try to throw muck and hope that it sticks - still a LOT to learn my boy. :icon_lol:

Bit tetchy today? We've not had one of your precious flounces for a while :blush:

Nope you attempted to throw muck. (and failed - must try harder) :icon_lol:

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? :scratchhead:;)

<_<

Cobblers.

You got a new catchprhrase btw?

The "Paki" bit puzzles me a bit though, as he is/was and presumably always will be Pakistani (and as such is as derogatory as calling a British person a "Brit"). :scratchhead:

So basically you cannot refute my point, only try to throw muck and hope that it sticks - still a LOT to learn my boy. :blush:

Bit tetchy today? We've not had one of your precious flounces for a while :scratchhead:

Nope you attempted to throw muck. (and failed - must try harder) :icon_lol:

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? :scratchhead::icon_lol:

<_<

Cobblers.

You got a new catchprhrase btw?

So as usual you can't answer the point once muck throwing fails. ;)

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? ;)<_<

If only all world wide political policy was based on that. :D

My non-emotive understanding of the Middle-East has little to do with anything in this thread (although my understanding of humans has quite a lot to do with it)..... actually come to think of it how to you explain my support for Kurdish independence? ;):D

So he can throw muck up it? <_<

When I lived in Bradford some of the asian lads used the term paki to each other in the same way that the white community might refer to someone as a chav.

They used it as an insulting term to each other not based on race or colour, but on someone being a scruffy / thick knobhead.