Kevin Nolan signs

Scottish Mag

While stats don't tell the whole story they are pretty meaningful when you're talking about goals and assists, especially over a sustained period of time.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the notion that he's 'our only hope of avoiding the drop' that I challenged, not the possibility that he'll improve our team a bit, which is obvious :blush:

Have I shagged your lass btw :lol:

If your face is owt like your posts I very much doubt it :lol:

It's the notion that he's 'our only hope of avoiding the drop' that I challenged, not the possibility that he'll improve our team a bit, which is obvious :lol:

Have I shagged your lass btw :lol:

You probably claim to have done like.

While stats don't tell the whole story they are pretty meaningful when you're talking about goals and assists, especially over a sustained period of time.

The fact that Jonas has four assists this season means nothing to me when I witness the complete drivel I see from that player each time I watch him. He seems to have gone downhill all season and I see no light at the end of the tunnel after Saturdays game. Mind you, I hope he comes good, because without some creativity we are doomed.

Personally I would rather try something else.

Meaning nothing to you and meaningless are two different things :lol:

I'm not saying he's been great but it does dispel the no end prooduct myth a bit because it shows he's contributing something in those terms as well as his effort and ability to run at players etc. As for going downhill all season I think it's more of a case of not living up to the promise he showed v Man Utd in the first match. As someone else mention he seems to be getting stick for not working wonders when he's done alright (at least in relation to most of his colleagues).

The fact that Jonas has four assists this season means nothing to me when I witness the complete drivel I see from that player each time I watch him. He seems to have gone downhill all season and I see no light at the end of the tunnel after Saturdays game. Mind you, I hope he comes good, because without some creativity we are doomed.

I'm not saying he's been great but it does dispel the no end prooduct myth a bit because it shows he's contributing something in those terms as well as his effort and ability to run at players etc. As for going downhill all season I think it's more of a case of not living up to the promise he showed v Man Utd in the first match. As someone else mention he seems to be getting stick for not working wonders when he's done alright (at least in relation to most of his colleagues).

Bollocks! 4 assists, two agains villa iirc, does not dispel the no end product myth.

Apart from running like a headless chicken he has been hopeless all season and was missing for 80 minutes against Chelsea.

Quite probably the most overated player at Newcastle for some time.

I thought he played well against Chelsea.

And I think it partly dispells the myth since if he has 'no end product' the rest of the side have even less.

He's done more this season than Barton's done since he arrived as well. Which isn't me having a go at Barton because I'd play him too but I can't understand why you're condemning Jonas and bigging up the other.

I don't see any decent alternatives to playing Jonas either.

Edited by alex

Exactly. The bottom line I suppose is we all know we're crying out for some creativity from midfield; the trouble is we simply don't have much quality in the squad, which partly explains why we are where we are. Shearer needs to come up with an effective way of wringing enough out of what he's got to get us safe, as Keegan did last season.

Exactly. The bottom line I suppose is we all know we're crying out for some creativity from midfield; the trouble is we simply don't have much quality in the squad, which partly explains why we are where we are. Shearer needs to come up with an effective way of wringing enough out of what he's got to get us safe, as Keegan did last season.

I think he might be more gung-ho against other teams down near the bottom. I think he was scared to have too much of a go at Chelsea in case we got overran (hence the comments about asking Owen to play deeper etc).

Bollocks! 4 assists, two agains villa iirc, does not dispel the no end product myth.

Apart from running like a headless chicken he has been hopeless all season and was missing for 80 minutes against Chelsea.

Quite probably the most overated player at Newcastle for some time.

The problem is we have nothing else at all. Seriously look at the rest of our midfield and they provide nothing whatsover. Duff can't run, pass, cross, beat a man, tackle or anything. Butt can't pass five yards, Nolan looks at least a yard off the pace, Gutherie has the odd good spell but then completely dissapears, Barton is never available. How ever much Jonas may be disapointing after an excellent debut, he's still been better than all of our other midfielders. He's certainly not above criticism but he's the last one out of our midfield we need to get rid of.

cmon Alex, at least have a go at telling me what you would do different to save the club man!

So you were serious then? Fuck me.

cmon Alex, at least have a go at telling me what you would do different to save the club man!

So, your replacements for a winger (that has been perfectly fine) are a centre half or a striker? That isn't trying to save the club, that's an FM tactic gone horribly wrong.

Guess thats change nothing, stick with Jonas and pray. :lol:

If you think playing Steven Taylor there is a more viable alternative then I don't think it's worth discussing it much further with you in all honesty. It beggars belief.

Steve Taylor right wing ahead of Gutierrez, fucking hell :lol:

It was Geremi on the right not Cacapa man, and there's no chance he'll be sticking the untried Xisco up front at this stage of the season.

Guess thats change nothing, stick with Jonas and pray. :lol:

If you think playing Steven Taylor there is a more viable alternative then I don't think it's worth discussing it much further with you in all honesty. It beggars belief.

Thought so! :blush: Funny how he's done pretty good down the right of late. Even some goals......

Now what were you saying about stats. :lol:

He's done well defensively down the right, aye. Got the odd goal too when he's popped up in the box. Are you honestly saying that makes him a candidate for a position he's never played?

Stick a wink on man, just for me.

I'd prefer taylor upfront rather than rw - he is better in the air and a better finisher than any of our tall strikers

Sunday morning stuff that man. He'd almost certainly struggle if he played with his back to goal.

Ryan Taylor is a much better option, as he has at least played there before. We should not have let Lua Lua go out on loan imo, at this stage it would have been worth giving him a shot, for years we have been far too unwilling to risk youngsters and actually give them some game time.

More importantly however, we should never have let Milner or N'Zogbia go, at least not this season in the case of the latter. I'd rather a hit and miss Milner and a sulking N'Zogbia than what we've got now but if we HAD to let these two go they should have been adequately replaced, which they were not...obviously. Nonetheless Jonas is still one of the best four midfielders at the club and therefore merits his starting place but this is just another depressing reminder of the state of the club.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Ryan Taylor's been gash though :lol:

Agree with the rest of it.

I know, and I was not happy with his signing or anything, just saying he'd be a better option than S Taylor. IMO The best midfield we could put out when all are fit is Lovenkrads, Guthrie, Barton, Jonas but even that is bloody woeful.

Ryan Taylor no way.

I honestly can not understand the hero worship of Jonas. He does not deserve it.

Yeah, i would even try taylor up front. Try anything than the "lets just stick with Jonas" brigade.

HE came from Mallorca man ffs.

You should be able to understand it as you've invented it.

Ryan Taylor no way.

I honestly can not understand the hero worship of Jonas. He does not deserve it.

Yeah, i would even try taylor up front. Try anything than the "lets just stick with Jonas" brigade.

Aye because Mallorca have never sold on any good players. We can ignore Marcelino btw. :lol:

I'd prefer taylor upfront rather than rw - he is better in the air and a better finisher than any of our tall strikers

Sunday morning stuff that man. He'd almost certainly struggle if he played with his back to goal.

Agree but a sad reflection of our striking options because as gash as he maybe at hold up play i still reckon he would be better than ameobi or as good as carroll - obviously he won't be played there but against stoke somebody is going to have to step up to the plate physically in our forward line and take some pain for the team - i just don't know who is willing or able

Agree but a sad reflection of our striking options because as gash as he maybe at hold up play i still reckon he would be better than ameobi or as good as carroll - obviously he won't be played there but against stoke somebody is going to have to step up to the plate physically in our forward line and take some pain for the team - i just don't know who is willing or able

I know, tt’s clutching at straws due to our plight. Wouldn’t work imo and would be worse than other options. I’d stick with Owen and Martins anyway though, even away to Stoke. Carroll or Xisco being an option on the bench.

Ryan Taylor no way.

You should be able to understand it as you've invented it.

You said he had a good game against Chelsea......4 out of 10 was the mark in my paper. Even shearer called him "fucking useless" during the game :lol:

So what? You honestly think because he got a shit mark in your paper that's an argument?

The Times gave R Taylor a 6 and Enrique a 4.