Kevin Nolan signs

Scottish Mag

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading Bolton fans comments they reckon hes piled the pounds on now and is a bit slow

Still can't be slower than Geremi,i've seen 20 stone blokes move faster than that fucker.

Aww, howay man JS, I had to run caus the chippy was about to shut! B)

I honestly don't care who we get in at this point, as long as its someone semi-decent. We need a breath of fresh air to take away from all the doom and gloom thats been hanging round the club. And if by some miracle we could get Stephen Ireland in exchange for Shay B) , I think we'd have a pretty class midfield, don't you think? I mean even if we only got Michael Johnson that would be pretty solid.

• 2 months later...
I always read this thread title as though he's got a covers album out: "Kevin Nolan Sings"

:lol: He must have some talent in him. It's certainly not in his legs. He's about as mobile as snakehips after a couple of pints.

The sooner Barton is back the better, anything that removes Nolan from the first team, he's absolute garbage.

Barton is my only hope for avoiding the drop. I simply cannot understand who else is going to create us any chances unless Shearer is brave and comes up with something else.

I wish most fans on here could have had a camera watch on Jonas at the match. Most of the game he jogged up and down and seemed reluctant to get the ball or attempt to run up the wing to create space for a forward pass. With regard to his tackling he reminds me of one of those "soft kids" who charge at an opponent but then stop the tackle two feet away in case they get mud on them!

He did improve overall in the last 20 minutes but still seemed keen to avoid the ball at times. He always kept going to take the throw ins as well, rather than leaving it for someone to throw to him!

Duff was his usual shite self and the middle two are just uncreative.

Surely there must be some players who can fill this four across the park that can at least create some chances for our strikers. Really think it is time to try something different, but whether Shearer will do it is doubtful. Although I do think the lack of creativity is more of a problem than the defensive problems.

I find it hard to understand why no one has tried something different this season when the midfield has simply not been working at any point. Why not give the likes of Lua Lua a run in the first team? I've come to believe the likes of Duff, Nolan, Jonas etc are being played purely to somehow justify their signings and wages.

The team just about picked itself (including the midfield) on Saturday. Difficult to know what else we could have tried but I'd quite like to see us persevere with Owen and Martins and two wide men with pace (assuming Lovenkrands recovers) since it at least partly negates the lack of flair in the middle.

The team just about picked itself (including the midfield) on Saturday. Difficult to know what else we could have tried but I'd quite like to see us persevere with Owen and Martins and two wide men with pace (assuming Lovenkrands recovers) since it at least partly negates the lack of flair in the middle.

Do you not think we could get away with Martins on the left wing and still have another two strikers upfront.

Hasnt he done well here before?

Would you not prefer him to Duff?

At least he has pace to run at people and can get a cross in.

He's not a LW. We need him through the middle too. He played as a left-side forward in a 3 under KK but that's a different role because he had freedom out there and he thrived in balls over the top where he could use his pace as well as being able to play off Viduka. If you put him wide in a midfield 4 I don't think he'd work there. I don't recall him playing well there but I remember him being frustrated there under Allardyce on occasion. I don't think he's got the defensive discipline and his touch is poor at times which is going to cost you because you've normally got the full-back plus a midfielder up your jacksie when you receive the ball as a winger. And while I think Duff is a shadow of his former self I still think he's a better bet wide with Martins up front. Put Viduka or maybe even Carroll or Xisco into the equation and maybe you could reprise the front 3 formation that worked well last season in the closing games.

Edited by alex

Do you not think we could get away with Martins on the left wing and still have another two strikers upfront.

He's not a LW. We need him through the middle too. He played as a left-side forward in a 3 under KK but that's a different role because he had freedom out there and he thrived in balls over the top where he could use his pace as well as being able to play off Viduka. If you put him wide in a midfield 4 I don't think he'd work there. I don't recall him playing well there but I remember him being frustrated there under Allardyce on occasion. I don't think he's got the defensive discipline and his touch is poor at times which is going to cost you because you've normally got the full-back plus a midfielder up your jacksie when you receive the ball as a winger. And while I think Duff is a shadow of his former self I still think he's a better bet wide with Martins up front. Put Viduka or maybe even Carroll or Xisco into the equation and maybe you could reprise the front 3 formation that worked well last season in the closing games.

Im afraid I have lost all faith in Duff or Jonas to get us out of this mess. As a striker Shearer must realise that strikers need chances and must come up with something different for next week.

Maybe he will go with a 3 front line.

Re: Duff, I was only saying heis a better alternative on the left rather than playing Martins there and removing him from our attack. I know he's shit. I thought Jonas had a canny game though tbf v. Chelsea.

Im afraid I have lost all faith in Duff or Jonas to get us out of this mess. As a striker Shearer must realise that strikers need chances and must come up with something different for next week.

Re: Duff, I was only saying heis a better alternative on the left rather than playing Martins there and removing him from our attack. I know he's shit. I thought Jonas had a canny game though tbf v. Chelsea.

It was also nice to see him try and knack Terry with those two lanky legs of his.

It was also nice to see him try and knack Terry with those two lanky legs of his.

Right next to me that. Fuck off Terry you fucking cunt. :lol:

Barton is my only hope for avoiding the drop. I simply cannot understand who else is going to create us any chances

Are we getting a new improved Barton back like? :lol:

I'd rather see Barton in than Nolan playing but the idea that he's a chance-creator is bollocks. How many assists did he provide last season? Two is the answer (the same as Beye and fucking Smith), plus a single goal - a penalty. Gutierrez, who you slag off at every turn, has four assists this season. Geremi and Charlie had five each last season and Emre, who barely played, had four. Last time he came back from his metatarsal injury he was absolutely wank for months by the way.

As for his availability, Viduka has more first-team appearances in the league than fucking Barton over the last two seasons :lol:

Edited by Big Onion

Exactly why this OPTA assist is American utter bollocks - there is infinitely more to football than who has the final touch before a scorer.

I agree to an extent. But Barton has never once looked like anything even remotely approaching a playmaker, and overall he's been nothing special at all for us. He's just about the best of a bad bunch of CMs and for that reason we could do with him back, but the suggestion that he'll somehow save our season (based on what he's done so far) is optimistic in the extreme.

It was Actim not Opta though :lol:

Barton is my only hope for avoiding the drop. I simply cannot understand who else is going to create us any chances

Are we getting a new improved Barton back like? :lol:

I'd rather see Barton in than Nolan playing but the idea that he's a chance-creator is bollocks. How many assists did he provide last season? Two is the answer (the same as Beye and fucking Smith), plus a single goal - a penalty. Gutierrez, who you slag off at every turn, has four assists this season. Geremi and Charlie had five each last season and Emre, who barely played, had four. Last time he came back from his metatarsal injury he was absolutely wank for months by the way.

As for his availability, Viduka has more first-team appearances in the league than fucking Barton over the last two seasons :blush:

Charlie would have made a differance against Chelsea. Even his silly runs with the ball would have unsettled them. :lol:

The team just about picked itself (including the midfield) on Saturday.

Spot on...

Further highlighting the fact that they should have been strengthening in the transfer windows rather than focusing on making money...

Charlie would certainly have been more effective than Duff or Lovenkrands. At least he's quick and prepared to run at players, even if it does go tits up half the time due to him not looking where he's going :lol:

The team just about picked itself (including the midfield) on Saturday.

Spot on...

Further highlighting the fact that they should have been strengthening in the transfer windows rather than focusing on making money...

Nolan was definitely a panic buy like.