Other games

Park Life

I don't agree. Beattie is a big strong centre-forward who would have given us a different option. Etherington is a genuine winger. Obviously we have the benefit of Hindsight but Nolan's a fucking joke of a central midfielder and Ryan Taylor is a Championship player. In any case, not selling Milner, N'Zogbia and Given (all three of whom would have started yesterday imo) would probably have been enough to keep us up. Apart from all the other mistakes the ins and outs under Ashley have been awful.

Fair comment. I'm convinced if Given was still here we'd be safe now. Harper for me just isn't a No.1. But Given wanted to leave...

Shouldn't really bring this one up again as I know people think differently but Given only wanted to leave when he realised the club were happier to have a shade under £6m in the bank rather than him between the sticks.

Ashley / Wise / Kinnear fuck up this one - they should have told him they'd had an offer for him but would not consider selling him before the season was up.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree. Beattie is a big strong centre-forward who would have given us a different option. Etherington is a genuine winger. Obviously we have the benefit of Hindsight but Nolan's a fucking joke of a central midfielder and Ryan Taylor is a Championship player. In any case, not selling Milner, N'Zogbia and Given (all three of whom would have started yesterday imo) would probably have been enough to keep us up. Apart from all the other mistakes the ins and outs under Ashley have been awful.

Fair comment. I'm convinced if Given was still here we'd be safe now. Harper for me just isn't a No.1. But Given wanted to leave...

Shouldn't really bring this one up again as I know people think differently but Given only wanted to leave when he realised the club were happier to have a shade under £6m in the bank rather than him between the sticks.

Ashley / Wise / Kinnear fuck up this one - they should have told him they'd had an offer for him but would not consider selling him before the season was up.

I can't help myself from hating Given now tttt. As duo says, regardless of motives, I think we'd have been safe had he just had the decency to see this season through. The cunt.

He owed us fuck all, the club evidently weren't arsed about keeping him and he'd become dis-illusioned with the running of the place. I don't blame relegation on his actions....

He owed us fuck all, the club evidently weren't arsed about keeping him and he'd become dis-illusioned with the running of the place. I don't blame relegation on his actions....

I'm not saying my opinion is rational Craig, but it's just how I feel at the moment. Why couldn't he wait a few more months? It's not as if he signed for a team that was going to win anything this year. That reminds me, I fucking hate Man city, their fans, and be extension, their players. So fuck him, hope he wins nowt.

One nil to Torquay - Hargreaves (keeper in the wrong place tbh).

Even before the goal, I thought Cambridge would end up absolutely shattered half way through, due to the effort they are putting in.

Even before the goal, I thought Cambridge would end up absolutely shattered half way through, due to the effort they are putting in.

You're hoping this is going to put toonraider in a good mood, aren't you? <_<

You're hoping this is going to put toonraider in a good mood, aren't you? <_<

I'm expecting T/R to do an Erica Roe across Wembley, if Torquay win :(

Chelsea 1-0.

Great header from Malouda!

Great cross from Anelka as well.....didn't Souness say that's who he wanted to sign but Freddie insisted on Owen?

You're hoping this is going to put toonraider in a good mood, aren't you? :(

<_<

Guest Stevie

You're hoping this is going to put toonraider in a good mood, aren't you? :(

<_<

Erica Roe had canny wabs like.

ericapic11.jpg

I've jumped on Cambridge in running 5/1, the price will be higher now. If they score early doors they'll win 2-1 or 3-1 I think.

Ronaldos going to want to play Hull now.

Pardon?

Anelka scoring means they've both got 18 this season

Yup apparently Ronaldos strop last weekend was down to the tight nature of the golden boot.

I'm not saying my opinion is rational Craig, but it's just how I feel at the moment. Why couldn't he wait a few more months? It's not as if he signed for a team that was going to win anything this year. That reminds me, I fucking hate Man city, their fans, and be extension, their players. So fuck him, hope he wins nowt.

Who's to say he didn't want to? Word is that the club wanted their balance sheet in the black come January 31st. If Shay had still been here, it wouldn't have been.

Remember the rant he made in a press conference a week or so after leaving? From what I heard he was advised against it but felt he wanted to air his opinion as to what went on.

I'll say no more.