Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

Umbro are claiming that these images are not genuine. Hmmm - what's not genuine, the images or the design itself? Very loose response from Umbro.

Hope to fuck it is the design that's not genuine though.

The fact it has one of those new age tag/scan things is a bit worrying. Makes the possibility of it being genuine that little more likely.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the new England kit

england-09-11-umbro-football-shirt-kit-eaked.jpg

Rank!

Umbro are claiming that these images are not genuine. Hmmm - what's not genuine, the images or the design itself? Very loose response from Umbro.

Hope to fuck it is the design that's not genuine though.

Doesn't help that the barcode apparently links to an official Umbro site which has yet to be launched.

I was actually thinking the same thing earlier as Jimbo said. I did consider the sponsor normally being on but it could just be the prototype for the new training top without the sponsor's logo on.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately we must apologise as there was a problem despatching your order due to stock availability. The problem is:-

Item(s) [PDS203001022 - adidas Newcastle United TT White/Black] is not currently in stock but is due to arrive at our dispatch centre soon. This item will remain on backorder and will be automatically dispatched to you as soon as possible. When paying by credit/debit card this item will not be charged to your card until ready for dispatch. Adidas have recently informed us that they are unable to guarantee their delivery date for this product. We will keep your pre-order current and will dispatch them as soon as possible but unfortunatley we are not able to guarantee a date for this dispatch. As soon as we have any more information about th expected delivery of this product we will let you know. If you wish to change or cancel this order please get in contact with one of our customer services team on 0870 60 80 442.

We apologise for not being able to fulfil this item and for any inconvenience caused. We hope you will find the time to visit our website at www.prodirectsoccer.com where you will be able to find many suitable alternatives.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

EDIT: I've just noticed Ashley has renamed the online shop to NUFC Direct! Fuck me gently :(

Might be late in the day...but I just realised this too.

the .co.uk front page today is an advert for a Bobby Robson tribute print, it gives nothing to his charity and costs "only" £150.

:(

They want stabbing in the face.

EDIT: I've just noticed Ashley has renamed the online shop to NUFC Direct! Fuck me gently :(

the .co.uk front page today is an advert for a Bobby Robson tribute print, it gives nothing to his charity and costs "only" £150.

What is also a disgrace is our 3rd kit, not that I have bought it but plenty people did and loads of parents will have had their bairns begging for it but as far as I can remember we haven't worn it in a competitive game yet, unless we wear it at Stoke which I doubt we will then that kit will have go it's entire shelf life without ever being worn in a game as we will not wear it at Spurs, Liverpool or Villa.

Edited by Greg

There have been several games when we could, should have worn the third one this season... as recently as last week against Hull ffs. Pompey away also comes to minds.

Even having a 3rd kit can be pathetic enough... this is on another level.

Sums them up. Scum.

Vitalfootball reports that Wigan Athletic will announce a new shirt sponsorship deal at a press conference to be held at the JJB Stadium on Monday at 13:00.

The name of the new sponsor is a closely guarded secret, but rumoured to be a Norwegian company. Hyundai were also believed to be in negotiations to be the club sponsors and have their logo on the team shirts next season.

The shirt sponsorship deal is believed to be worth £800,000 for the 09/10 season with a clause to extend the shirt sponsorship.

The press conference will also see the re-naming of the stadium from the JJB to the DW Stadium and this will take place with immediate effect.

It is also expected that the club will soon announce that Vandanel will be their new kit manufacturers for the 09/10 season

Source: http://www.footballshirtculture.com/200903...rship-deal.html

Fuck me gently... Whelan doesn't think too much of himself at all, does he? :(