Adidas ditching The Toon

Guest Stevie

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a few rumours over the last few days that adidas will ditch their 14 year association with the club at the end of next season, with PUMA being mooted as our new kit sponsor. Apparently the kraut firm, are disappointed merchandise sales aren't as strong as they once were, along with the utter circus on and off the pitch for a long time, they no longer wish to be associated with us, and PUMA will take over for 2010/2011.

;) No good for fat cunts these PUMA shirts though so maybe they've chosen the wrong club.

I've heard a few rumours over the last few days that adidas will ditch their 14 year association with the club at the end of next season, with PUMA being mooted as our new kit sponsor. Apparently the kraut firm, are disappointed merchandise sales aren't as strong as they once were, along with the utter circus on and off the pitch for a long time, they no longer wish to be associated with us, and PUMA will take over for 2010/2011.

;) No good for fat cunts these PUMA shirts though so maybe they've chosen the wrong club.

well not all of them are those daft tight tops luckily

cameroon_2009_home.jpg

I've that one and it's great tbh

but in general they are awful =(

I'm a traditionalist I'm not arsed if they're tight fitting, but a football shirt needs a collar in my view, just looks nicer.

^^^

That's actually pretty cool imo. :D

Shut up man. ;)

:)

I like the imagery. It's an ad obviously, unless we're going to start playing continent v continent football. :D

Thinking about it, that would be fucking ace! :razz:

Where do they get this shit? :)

Tony Ward, PUMA UK Managing Director, said: "With innovative product, referencing Newcastle's strong heritage, coupled with great service, we are confident of an excellent partnership."

:facepalm:

Tell you what, you'd have thought the club would have it within themselves to offer some sort of gratitude towards adidas for the 15 years service they've provided yet there's no mention of them at all in the press release.

Evidently the club were dumped and frankly, who can blame adidas?

Tell you what, you'd have thought the club would have it within themselves to offer some sort of gratitude towards adidas for the 15 years service they've provided yet there's no mention of them at all in the press release.

Puma might object to the press release for their sponsorship being used to thank Adidas for being so good to us like.

Puma might object to the press release for their sponsorship being used to thank Adidas for being so good to us like.

True....

Anyway, this is the current Sheff Wed shirt so I guess we'd be following something similar to this template. Nice to see the 'cat' is white on a blue stripe ;)

On the whole I like the design - classic and simple, just as it should be :razz:

sheffield-wednesday-09-10-puma-kits.jpg

sheffield-wednesday-09-10-puma-kits-home-away.jpg

Not sure but I think the 3rd kit is normally a club shop exclusive thing.

true, but they’ve not had any in stock for months.

I know plenty of people who’d tried to get one, but the club shops didn’t have any.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. I bet Ashley's petty enough.