Webshield alert!! Toontastic is a danger to your computer.

Park Life

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a quick workaround I've found that if I delete the shite from the URL so that I just have 'http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showforum=8' the problem doesn't seem to occur.

What I mean is that sometimes from the forum index, hovering over the links shows 'http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?2342d98j398d9238d238jd9283jd9238d9283y2r3showforum=8' - delete that shite in bold and I can browse normally.

I've not experienced it at home (firefox3/xp/avg) but today on this pc (firefox2/xp/mcafee) everytime I open a new page it is jumping straight to the bottom of the page.

So is AVG not picking this up then? Does this mean I should change anti-virus.

I've not experienced it at home (firefox3/xp/avg) but today on this pc (firefox2/xp/mcafee) everytime I open a new page it is jumping straight to the bottom of the page.

AVG is picking it up for me. I get an alert and told to click "Abort Connection" and it goes away.

My avg 8 is what picked it up in the first place.

Deleted again.

Upgrade is not as straight forward as we think. Working on it (i believe).

Back again for me with a different link.

Fuck's sake - I can't beat this... :D

My technical knowledge is very limited, perhaps non-existant, so could somebody tell me if im doing the correct thing here. When my anti-virus pops up with this problem (avira antivir, the free thing) i just click on deny access, is that what i am supposed to do? I seems to be the obvious thing to me but that probably means im wrong!

Although I've been contributing to this thread I've not experienced any of these problems. In fact, I can't even see it in the code (other than the comment from Ant).

Really odd :D

easiest one to spot is 2lines above the close body tag in any page

Not on mine it isn't. I'm actually quite curious about this now. I wonder if FF or one of the plugins I have installed could be screening it out or maybe my AV? I didn't think it was that clever.

Interesting. My AV is Nod32 by Eset and I'm running FF 3.0.6 My work PC doesnt have adblock or anything like it installed, nor am I running noscript. I am running firebug, but that's irrelevant.

Obviously, this is not helping with the solution to this, but if nothing else, it's proved there's no point in me testing to see if the problem still exists because I dont see it in the first place :D

If it is my AV, then I'm impressed by it even more than I am already :D

okay beyond a joke now - clicked on the toontastic google link at work this afternoon and the antivirus went beserk a page with "http://stirist.com/dl/un/index.php"file os something very close to it opened but no toontastic page, my computer locked up(well ie outlook and my work client) and I had a call from the it dept - not good not good at all

nothing happened when I just opened ttt at home now

Seriously, would it not be better to just take the site down and start afresh if people keep getting this virus attack all the time?

No offence, cos I'm not in tune with what needs to be done to sort it out or anything, but the response so far to users getting virus attacks that we know are related specifically to this site, has been pretty lax. I would have thought that at the very least a sticky on the main forums explaining the craic might have been in order??