This Llambias interview

aye they asked real sensible questions and researched indepth to make sure everything was covered

that's why we asked about Jimnez and what he does, that's the same guy they announced had left on the official site 4months ago

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im insulted by the bullshit lambsarse has came out with , and the disrespect towards fans org.s in th article .

and would like to piss on the chron and journal for being pathetic , asking stupid fucking questions , and dressing their bullshit up with pr spin

Seems to me they've asked the sort of (sensible) questions they'd have been sent. What would you have asked?

Dissappointed they didn't counter any of the responses to dig deeper than the one line answers or question dodging like. I suppose that was a pre-condition though, full disclosure of exactly what would be asked beforehand.

well there is more to come in the journal tommorow , so ill say more then about questions asked .

bold bit , you will ask and print what the board wants you to . thats why id piss on the chron for agreeing to such bollocks after all thats went on

Why would Lambarse agree to an interview that tore them to shreds?

He was bound to have some conditions, and the local rags are dutybound to take whatever opportunity they can to get whatever comments they can from the man the fans have been waiting to hear from for 8 months.

I'm waiting for the opinion pieces before slating them for going soft.

The weather was freezing outside St James's Park as I looked up at the monster that is the Milburn Stand on Barrack Road - but I was about to climb on to the top shelf of football's hottest oven - the Newcastle United boardroom.

We always knew that some people would not like some of the answers but we did what we vowed to do.

We transported a dossier of questions made up by Chronicle and Journal readers who were all given the chance to ask Derek Llambias exactly what the situation was.

Mike Ashley was not there but his board including managing director Llambias, financial controller John Irving and operations director David Williamson are all present.

And they were all ready to answer your questions.

Key points needed to be discussed but the biggest point of all had to be the thing that kicked off this mess in the first place.

First and foremost, why Kevin Keegan has gone, the board explain that because of legal reasons they can't go into it Keegangate at this moment in time.

Well the truth is, had they never appointed Dennis Wise in the first place there's a chance that this whole mess wouldn't have happened anyway!

But Wise is here to stay for now and that he is working well enough with Joe Kinnear according to the MD.

Many might question that statement from Llambias but to coin a phrase used several times by the Toon supremo: "That's where we are at the moment."

So with Wise staying, a lot of fans want to know where we are going and how and when we'll get there.

In the interests of fairness it should be pointed out that the only questions that Llambias did not answer were those that had legal implications with the KK court date to come.

Then came the five year plan that they hope will see "Newcastle challenging for everything in five years time."

Once again for many the jury will be out.

Staying up is obviously all that is left to play for this season.

But as debts are cleared from the previous regime, with Newcastle still paying for players signed by Glenn Roeder and having just paid off debts from players signed under Graeme Souness, it's fair to say that United are still very much rebuilding - or at least that is the message that is coming out of the four walls of St James's.

Those walls have been knocked down and are being rebuilt by Ashley and Co and it's clear they want a fresh start - only the fans will decide whether or not they are allowed to have one.

Apologies for the lack of communication during Keegangate were genuine enough and with money being reinvested at youth level, which was also in somewhat of a mess before Ashley came in according to the board, Newcastle fans could have great things to look forward to in the future.

But the rest will unfold over the next couple days.

Without a doubt we'll get stick for this - you can't please everybody that is impossible in any walk of life.

But for some the answers to the questions posed are there.

Already some have plunged the knife into the Journal and Chronicle - the only newspapers that have managed to get an interview with the club during this difficult time.

That is there choice - but what has been printed is the exact response from Llambias and what has been asked were all from the 800 questions which were sifted through and finalised by the Chronicle and Journal Sports Desks and the Chronicle and Journal editors long before the meeting took place.

Over the next few days fans will make their own conclusions on the situation.

A response from one learned reader.

Come off it Lee, this is a gross dereliction of duty as both a journalist and a Newcastle United supporter. Most of Mr. Llambias' responses were absolutely crying out for further probing and you could have gone infinitely further in trying to find out what their plans really are.

Unless something miraculous happens in the next three parts this has been a monumental failure to grasp an elusive opportunity to elucidate on the plans of this suspect hierarchy.

Unimpressed.

That is there choice - but what has been printed is the exact response from Llambias and what has been asked were all from the 800 questions which were sifted through and finalised by the Chronicle and Journal Sports Desks and the Chronicle and Journal editors long before the meeting took place.

well done you sifted through finalised and asked questions that were answered already or tame ones, completely useless

might as well have asked him what his favourite colour was (no doubt Lilly white) or what type of pie big mike likes to chow down on

imagine calling yourself a reporter after that shower of shite

Edited by Ant
NUSC clearly getting to them. Excellent.

and within an hour of going to press llambias cancelled the meeting with the fans on Thursday Evening. so much for communication, openness and a new beginning.

Really? Do you have a source because I've predicted that would happen elsewhere. :suicide:

I can confirm the above.

The Supporters panel meeting was booked to be on Thursday and would involve Llambiarse. We have now been told that "due to last weekends events Derek would not be in Newcastle and therefore could not attend".

Now what events are these? JFK being ill? us actually winning? or Derek realising the stupidity of the interview he gave?

So much for communications.

As for the NUSC discussions with the "club" they have gone as follows:

As you all know we have attempted to get a discussion going for a while and not had any sort of response not even a "fuck off".

We did get ourselves invited to a supporters panel meeting which was agreed with the club because we had a specific thing we wanted to discuss ie the problems with heavy handed stewards in Level 7. At the same time the club wanted our help (even though we're just some breakaway group not worth listening to) in finding a way to ensure people didnt stand continuously in that area,

We went to the meeting, discussed the issues and then discussed the wider issue of communications, all of this was with Simon Esland (a canny enough bloke but nobody of any real importance, more a PR type man) and (unusually for the Supporters Panel ) it turns out they werent taking minutes :lol:

At the end of it we agreed that we 3 or 4 members of the committee would be included in the supporters panel meetings from now on.

And that is it, the sum total of 1 meeting with the club, a meeting that we virtually forced through and one which frankly had nothing to do with the state of the club or the future. A specific meeting to discuss a very real non-footballing issue.

We will be putting something official together for our responses to at least the references hes made to us. Suffice to say though it will be thought out and factful not like the pile of lies and deceipt that we've just read today.

As for the supporters panel though, the thing Llambias says is more representative of the fans well my personal view is that its not worth the time of day. Thats not being disrespectful to the people on there but what Im about to say may well appear that way.......

There are around a dozen people on the panel, half of which I think I can safely say only turn up for the scran. Dont get me wrong there are some very committed and vocal fans on there, some faces and voices I recognise but I get the impression that until we went and shook it up they hadnt really had a chance to make their voices heard. I believe they were basically led into a question and answer session by the club for their own commercial gains.

Normally the stuff that gets talked about is raised by the club and generally involves questions (I shit ye not here) such as "how can we sell more pies?", "do you think people will spend more if we change the half time music?" and "can you tell your mates to drink in Shearers?"

That forum is NOT (in my personal opinion) representative of the fans, it is NOT being used to air fans views and it MOST DEFINITELY is NOT being used to discuss the future as that toad makes out in todays article.

As for some other forums being taken in by that rubbish today, I would say that I dont believe it but unfortunately I know its going to be true, what gets me is that theres not even anything in there that you could see as being positive lies!

Mixed feelings about it all, i think some of it we wanted to here, but i find myself being maybe a bit cynical and thinking he is just saying that for that reason.

I would like it to be true, that they realised there failings, that they are going to make ALOT more effort to communicate and be honest. And MA spending in the summer although he quoted 8 mil in the bank, you have to remember we are still making a loss, but a progressive lesser loss than last season. We have PL money and TV money to come in and big earners leaving in the summer (OWEN, VIDUKA, GEREMI, CACAPA) so surely there will be a decent amount to spend.

Only time will tell whether we have turned the corner, whether they are going to take us in the correct direction.

Fingers crossed eh.

To those who are the most "they ought to tell the board to fuck off" etc you're going to have to get a grip.

Nobody wants to communicate with people on that level and regardless of how justified you feel it isn't going to be very effective.

I do think a reasoned response from NUSC (to the Journal/Chronicle) with some olive branches suggesting how the board could rectify things would be a better bet than wading in and telling them they're all cunts. :lol:

I could just be speaking for myself but I don't see any fans taking the board seriously while they insist on keeping Dennis Wise at the club in any capacity, he's a poisonous little fucker and until he's gone they're just confirming the suspicions of how either nieve or stupid they really are.

I could just be speaking for myself but I don't see any fans taking the board seriously while they insist on keeping Dennis Wise at the club in any capacity, he's a poisonous little fucker and until he's gone they're just confirming the suspicions of how either nieve or stupid they really are.

I think after reading this interview that the biggest concern to the future of this club is Llalalalalbamba hes a joke.

To be fair to Dennis Wise he actually hasnt been seen to do anything wrong. I dont believe he should be at the club because hes a little shit but thats a personal ciew however I cant be sure that he isnt doing the best job he can under the circumstances.

We need a proper chairman and we need one urgently, this little spunkstain Llambretta is a disgrace to the club, the fans and the good name that is/ was Newcastle United.

If I was Andy Average fan, ie not militant etc, I might look at the statement so far and say,

Great, getting the debt sorted out, aimimg to get us challenging for the top four within 5 years, now going to communicate monthly bla bla bla.

My point is, what do nusc now want.

Ashley aint going.

He aint suddenly going to splash the cash, freddy style.

He aint bringing KK back.

He aint going to take time out from his billion pound empire to chat to NUSC directly

This all given, what do NUSC now actually want.

We have PL money and TV money to come in and big earners leaving in the summer (OWEN, VIDUKA, GEREMI, CACAPA) so surely there will be a decent amount to spend.

Only time will tell whether we have turned the corner, whether they are going to take us in the correct direction.

Fingers crossed eh.

Good players usually get good wages though - you still have to take that gamble to a certain extent.

A few Bassongs are fair enough but paired with Ameobis we're fucked.

If I was Andy Average fan, ie not militant etc, I might look at the statement so far and say,

Great, getting the debt sorted out, aimimg to get us challenging for the top four within 5 years, now going to communicate monthly bla bla bla.

My point is, what do nusc now want.

Ashley aint going.

He aint suddenly going to splash the cash, freddy style.

He aint bringing KK back.

He aint going to take time out from his billion pound empire to chat to NUSC directly

This all given, what do NUSC now actually want.

The truth?

to have all fans treat as actual paying customers with an opinion and not some piece of shit that they can give any old bollocks to?