Newcastle-Online

PaddockLad

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it pathetic. Fucking grow up.

Without turning into a bitchfest Catmag, and I wouldn't go back anyway, but I think the admin on NO ought to grow up and reverse these bannings they happily and regularly dish out like confetti, most of the time for barely nothing. That would be a sign of maturity, don't you think ? At least, give people the chance to go back on. It would certainly give me a bit more respect for them.

Edited by LeazesMag

So, how long until this thread reaches 10 pages of people being totally not bothered about N-O? I give it to about 8pm.

not from me mate, I'm off out later. It does amuse me when Gejon pops up in threads like this though !!!!

not from me mate, I'm off out later. It does amuse me when Gejon pops up in threads like this though !!!!

Good luck with that happening. He hasn't been on here for 2 months.

The reason I linked it wasn't to highlight what a zit infested, cluelessness of a board Newcastle Online was, I never even read it, it may have improved, but to show you a canny story anyway. For the record even if we hadn't won, even if we'd have lost it, we'd have stayed up because all the other results went our way, was proper squeaky bum time though. Three or four of my favourite weeks as a toon fan them.

The only two games I've ever wanted to go to but couldn't get a ticket for was that one and the Boro game where we lost 4-1 and ended up in the play-offs.

I remember listening to it on the radio and even with supposedlly correct info I convinced myself we were down before the winner went in.

Generally I don't think fans who are say under 25 are that interested in "history" apart from ocasionally - I think that's more s sympton of a world where everything has to be "now" rather then them being wankers tbf.

Good luck with that happening. He hasn't been on here for 2 months.

fair enough Catmag, I didn't bother looking. Maybe he IS on Big Brother then :lol:

The only two games I've ever wanted to go to but couldn't get a ticket for was that one and the Boro game where we lost 4-1 and ended up in the play-offs.

I remember listening to it on the radio and even with supposedlly correct info I convinced myself we were down before the winner went in.

Generally I don't think fans who are say under 25 are that interested in "history" apart from ocasionally - I think that's more s sympton of a world where everything has to be "now" rather then them being wankers tbf.

Hmmm I donno like the generation before me, who saw the 70's up to the mid 80's I can listen all night to their tales personally, I don't see why the kids of today should be any different. It's good when older people "educate" you.

That Leicester game I remember the day, but I wasn't there. We had 6,000 at Derby, I got a ticket, but they had 25,000 applications for those 3,000 Leicester tickets was gutted I didn't get one.

I was there, jammed a ticket on the Berwick supporters bus. They got tickets for the last away games of every season back then.....dont think they even exist now...some lads I've ment since then say they got in after Terry Mac came out of the players entrance where they were hanging around on the off chance and gave them some spares the club had for the directors box. The NO is story is great, but it doesn't really mention the level of violence going on troughout the game and the first pitch invasion that had to be cleared by police horses. On the way back we stopped off in Gateshead where some mackem was giving the bus driver some shit in a kebab shop, so the bus driver put this fucker's head through the shop window. The driver was an obviously sober employee of a company called Scottish Citylink, in full uniform at the time, but he was also an ex member of the lengendary "Bender Crew". Ask your dads abouth them kids, or Leazes ;)

That game and the Inter game at the San Siro are the most intense experiances I've had following Newcastle....apart from being in the clock stand at roker once, but we didnt last in there long....

I was there, jammed a ticket on the Berwick supporters bus. They got tickets for the last away games of every season back then.....dont think they even exist now...some lads I've ment since then say they got in after Terry Mac came out of the players entrance where they were hanging around on the off chance and gave them some spares the club had for the directors box. The NO is story is great, but it doesn't really mention the level of violence going on troughout the game and the first pitch invasion that had to be cleared by police horses. On the way back we stopped off in Gateshead where some mackem was giving the bus driver some shit in a kebab shop, so the bus driver put this fucker's head through the shop window. The driver was an obviously sober employee of a company called Scottish Citylink, in full uniform at the time, but he was also an ex member of the lengendary "Bender Crew". Ask your dads abouth them kids, or Leazes ;)

That game and the Inter game at the San Siro are the most intense experiances I've had following Newcastle....apart from being in the clock stand at roker once, but we didnt last in there long....

I've seen this clip loads of times, what I find piss funny is the lass with her bairn giving it large to the Leicester fans while participating in a pitch invasion - 56 seconds :lol: :lol: :lol: pause her

I've seen this clip loads of times, what I find piss funny is the lass with her bairn giving it large to the Leicester fans while participating in a pitch invasion - 56 seconds :lol: :lol: :lol: pause her

Looks like somebody's found the season reveiw video....this is shockingly crap and utterly brilliant at the same time :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeVjOcKWxNs&feature=related

Hmmm I donno like the generation before me, who saw the 70's up to the mid 80's I can listen all night to their tales personally, I don't see why the kids of today should be any different. It's good when older people "educate" you.

That Leicester game I remember the day, but I wasn't there. We had 6,000 at Derby, I got a ticket, but they had 25,000 applications for those 3,000 Leicester tickets was gutted I didn't get one.

Me and you both, not all 'young'uns' are uninterested though I get the feeling the significance of games like Portsmouth at home just goes over their heads. Not their fault really as they had no idea of what NUFC/football was about then.

Looks like somebody's found the season reveiw video....this is shockingly crap and utterly brilliant at the same time :)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeVjOcKWxNs&feature=related[/media]

The words 'proud to be a Geordie' could've been invented for that Derby game. Anyone there knows exactly what I mean, facing relegation and a ref on a mission to help us on our way our support was as good as it gets and wasn't just happy clappy either as there could always be a bit of needle around, Derby fans to the right of us goading us and throwing stuff got it back as seats went flying. Not big and clever but standing up for ourselves. (As an aside, it's an absolute crying shame that grounds like the Baseball Ground and Filbert Street aren't around anymore as I loved away days at places like that.)

Me and you both, not all 'young'uns' are uninterested though I get the feeling the significance of games like Portsmouth at home just goes over their heads. Not their fault really as they had no idea of what NUFC/football was about then.

The words 'proud to be a Geordie' could've been invented for that Derby game. Anyone there knows exactly what I mean, facing relegation and a ref on a mission to help us on our way our support was as good as it gets and wasn't just happy clappy either as there could always be a bit of needle around, Derby fans to the right of us goading us and throwing stuff got it back as seats went flying. Not big and clever but standing up for ourselves. (As an aside, it's an absolute crying shame that grounds like the Baseball Ground and Filbert Street aren't around anymore as I loved away days at places like that.)

Of course I woiuld love to have memories of actually winning something but in the absence of that we have to cling to the "good days" being either defiance in the face of adversity, good pissups and dodgy trips with the threat/reality of bother.

I suppose fuckers who have won things have those types of highlights as well but I like to think ours are better.

Hooliganism in general is laughable, but the fucking bender crew?! :lol:

When it's a 'green street/fackin cam on then/bouncing up and down on your toes' I agree.

However, that wasn't the gist of my post if your point was aimed at me?

Wasnt at Derby, listened to the unfolding horror via "Sport on 2"....thats Radio 2 MW kids, no real digital tv or radio coverage on Saturday afternoon, back then Jeff Stelling was still stealing womens underwear off washing lines in Hartlepool.